I have been working at Edna's Shadow for 2 days now and I am getting increasingly frustrated.  This is NOT what GMC is about.  Besides it being two teams competing against each other, which I don't like either.  We already have the AC for that nonsense.  This was supposed to be a fun way to get regulars to try new games while obtaining a trophy for our look up.  Now I have my doubts that we will even get that if we are not on the winning team.  That being said, I can't get past level 4 of Edna's Shadow.  I have been trying for two days now, so I don't feel it is doable for everyone.  These scores are supposed to be obtainable and they are very difficult.  I am very disappointed with JS.

I agree, the scores required for the games this year (and some of them last year?) seem more difficult than previous years. Maybe it's just the choice of games that is frustrating, but I've almost given up once or twice and the fun is no longer there. Edna's Shadow definitely took me longer than I'd like to admit, but my advice would be to follow guides like this written one, or a

guide to get any extra help you can. Keep at it and eventually you'll be done and (hopefully) never have to play it again :laughingsmiley:  Good luck!

This is my first time (ever) playing the GMC. I figured it would be challenging, but when "challenge" turns to frustruation, it loses the intent. Still trying to decide which one is worse - Itchy Invasion or Edna's Shadow. I used TDN's guide and the guide stebenjos recommended, for Edna's Shadow. The guide he mentioned helped me for level 4. With level 4, concentrate on getting rid of the monsters on the left side, where Edna's shadow is, first. The hard part is, is getting used to the "reverse" controls for Edna's shadow. Once the monsters are cleared on the left, use Edna to get rid of the monsters on the right. I, usually, end up going too fast and run into a monster, but, generally, I don't run into monsters on the right side with Edna, while concentrating on the left. In both cases, you can get the ingredients while doing so. Once all ingredients are obtained, I concentrate on Edna, and use the keyboard left arrow key so she is right against the wall in the center of the level. As long as her shadow is in a clear area, near the middle of the screen in the left area, her shadow will go the opposite direction, meaning head right, and end up against the wall in the center of the level, but on the left side. To get them to "even up", head down, until they are even, as both have cobwebs at the bottom, which will even them out. Then, head up to the cauldron. Getting my head around the opposite controls was tough, and I still don't get them and mess up most of the time. I really hope you complete this challenge. You fed 79 Kads. I know you can do this.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I try to avoid the "rainbow" bottles. Those will change the controls of the Ednas, meaning it will make them opposite of what they are for each Edna. Talk about a brain melt!

This is my first time (ever) playing the GMC. I figured it would be challenging, but when "challenge" turns to frustruation, it loses the intent. Still trying to decide which one is worse - Itchy Invasion or Edna's Shadow. I used TDN's guide and the guide stebenjos recommended, for Edna's Shadow. The guide he mentioned helped me for level 4. With level 4, concentrate on getting rid of the monsters on the left side, where Edna's shadow is, first. The hard part is, is getting used to the "reverse" controls for Edna's shadow. Once the monsters are cleared on the left, use Edna to get rid of the monsters on the right. I, usually, end up going too fast and run into a monster, but, generally, I don't run into monsters on the right side with Edna, while concentrating on the left. In both cases, you can get the ingredients while doing so. Once all ingredients are obtained, I concentrate on Edna, and use the keyboard left arrow key so she is right against the wall in the center of the level. As long as her shadow is in a clear area, near the middle of the screen in the left area, her shadow will go the opposite direction, meaning head right, and end up against the wall in the center of the level, but on the left side. To get them to "even up", head down, until they are even, as both have cobwebs at the bottom, which will even them out. Then, head up to the cauldron. Getting my head around the opposite controls was tough, and I still don't get them and mess up most of the time. I really hope you complete this challenge. You fed 79 Kads. I know you can do this.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I try to avoid the "rainbow" bottles. Those will change the controls of the Ednas, meaning it will make them opposite of what they are for each Edna. Talk about a brain melt!

Yes, I am going to start kadding again but I wanted to do some other things and get some other avatars that I couldn't get with my inventory full.  Kadding was so fun.  I ended up getting 994 on edna, and like Stebenjos said, I will never play it again.  I had finished day 3 at about 3 am my time and was getting ready for bed and day 4 came out.  I hit the timer for nova defender!!  I couldn't believe it.  I read the guide as 3,000 was my highest score.  It said to play it on hard.  I always played on easy.  So I played on hard and my highest score was 46,000.  It took me 15 mins to get the score needed for it and I went to bed.  I couldn't believe I did that.  lol.  Gummy dice was tough too.  I got well over 1000 and then my score went down down down as the dice were deducted from my score.  Luckily it didn't go under 900 and I made it to the next level.  I didn't get far in that level but it took me all day of playing the game as I kept getting like 700-800.  It was frustrating too.

I'll be totally honest here, and maybe say a few things everyone else is thinking.  This has to be the absolute worst GMC ever! The scores in the games are unattainable. Has anyone else noticed that you have to get a score of 900 in a game every day? The banner between the Fire and Snow Faeries hasn't even moved at this point. Speaking of points, here's my next one: Why have two opponents if the games/prizes are same? For the Fire Faerie, we should have seen more Altador-related games. For Snow Faerie, more Terror Mountain/Happy Valley/Ice Caves games.

We used to get two weeks notice before the GMC so we could get a little practice in. This year, they just dropped it in our laps. I'm with rntracy1 on being disappointed with JS.

Tuesday marks the start of the first Advent Calendar with JS, and I am terrified of what is to come.

All this negativity....

Stop whining everyone.

An editorial came out that said GMC was coming, so it wasn't dropped in our lap. Sometimes you actually have to work for something instead of just clicking and it being handed to you. Edna's Shadow was painful, but all of the other games have been fine. Some appropriately hard, some super easy. Last year was painfully easy, and everyone still complained! I think this GMC is great, and if there's a score I can't achieve, then life will go on and I won't whine about it. I actually like the thought of a valuable item as a prize. Today is a cake walk, AND Advent calendar is coming, so many reasons to lighten up.

*tough love rant over*

I have gold check marks on all games BUT edna's shadow. I agree that this years gmc is very difficult for new players or people who don't play games often, so for many it is super frustrating. Even with guides and help I still can't get past level 4 of edna's shadow so I'm giving up on it since I seem incapable of getting the hand of the game. I have tried it almost every hour for the past couple days and I am at my absolute limit mentally and emotionally with trying to get 900 points.  :sad01_anim:

edit: Looking forward to advent calender on tuesday :D

I'll be totally honest here, and maybe say a few things everyone else is thinking.  This has to be the absolute worst GMC ever! The scores in the games are unattainable. Has anyone else noticed that you have to get a score of 900 in a game every day? The banner between the Fire and Snow Faeries hasn't even moved at this point. Speaking of points, here's my next one: Why have two opponents if the games/prizes are same? For the Fire Faerie, we should have seen more Altador-related games. For Snow Faerie, more Terror Mountain/Happy Valley/Ice Caves games.

We used to get two weeks notice before the GMC so we could get a little practice in. This year, they just dropped it in our laps. I'm with rntracy1 on being disappointed with JS.

Tuesday marks the start of the first Advent Calendar with JS, and I am terrified of what is to come.

They actually did announce it a few weeks ago in the Neopian Times Editorial. So if you read that, you would have known about it, but not everyone reads the Editorial. Also this will be our SECOND Advent Calendar with Jumpstart. They took over Neopets last year around September. But at that point we never seen many changes indicating that there was a change in ownership.

I agree there are some inconsistencies this year but there's always at least one game that will frustrate you until you get the score. Edna and Itchy this year are the worst! The scores for certain games are usually a bit higher then previous years. Just try your best and if you can't complete a challenge don't worry about it. :)

Actually, I LOVED LOVED LOVED last year's advent calendar with JS.  They gave a ton of books which I thought was great.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember many high value items, but it was books galore and I thought that was awesome.  There were some BD items, like the holiday nova, etc.  As for the "whining" about the GMC, that is NOT what is going on.  We are venting our frustrations that's all.  I think that is a good thing.  We don't expect things to be given to us, however, the GMC is normally an event that gets the daily users to try out new games while getting a participation trophy for their lookup, as long as they complete each challenge that day.  I can see putting the scores at level that you have to work at, but not one that you have to basically complete almost every level of the game.  That is not what the GMC is about.

Panthersclaw- I too had gold check marks until Edna's shadow. That game took me playing hours and hours for two days until I finally got a score of 994.  I will NEVER play it again if I don't have to.  lol.

Thankfully, I have completed every challenge the day it came out. But, attack of the gummy dice was quite frustrating, I almost gave up on it.  Edna's shadow and Itchy invasion took me several tries to pass. You just have to keep trying!

I like this GMC, I always like them. I'm pretty good at the games and what I mean by that is I'm in no way good enough to get a high score, in most cases, however I am at least good enough to beat the GMC challenge fairly easily. Edna's Shadow was one of the more difficult ones, mostly because I didn't know where to line up after I got all the items. I watched a video where a person played the game and I could see what I needed to do and then it was much easier.

Am I the only one who likes Edna's Shadow?  I got happy when I saw it was a challenge - it's one of my favorites.  

The thing I don't like about these challenges are the 'qualifying games'.  It's difficult to know what qualifies and fits the challenge's requirements.  

Yep, you ARE the only one who was happy about Edna.  LOL.  If you go back to day one, and click on Qualifying games, they are all right there.  You might have to click on say, puzzles, to see if a particular game is there, or click on the different lands, to see which game qualifies in that particular area, but I always go back to day one and all the games are there.  As soon as you play them, you get the "incomplete" changed to "completed".  Hope that helps a little bit.

I was so glad when I got a score of 902 on Edna's Shadow. But now Attack on the Gummy Dice and Wobbly Whatever Wocky gets me. I got the golden marks on the first three days but I didn't have time the past couple of days to actually sit down and try to get these games.. Here I go, trying to get all my marks..