Sickness?

pandette

So, as soon as I found out that Lord_Varys has Blurred Vision, I immediately went out looking for the cure. Well, after using the cure it says Lord_Varys is already healed but smears the ointment on anyway. This has happened twice. Help? 

Blurred Vision usually requires "Extra Thick Goggles thick_goggles.gif", for the cure (100%). So, are you using "Minor Healing Ointment" instead? The TDN page for "Diseases and Cures" mentions, "Note : Only medicines from Neopian Pharmacy will cure your pet 100% of the time. The other alternatives only have small chances to heal your pet from a given disease." The link is here: http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/diseases-and-cures/. If you believe your pet has been cured, have you refreshed the page, or looked at your pet lookup to make sure? I also follow their advice of trying the Healing Springs, The Wheel of Knowledge and TDMBGPP, when doing my dailies. I have even tried for a couple of days, with those three first. Generally, my pet gets healed with the Healing Springs. If not, then I follow their advice of "switching" the disease. I have plenty of Poisonous Jelly. I find it easier to find Medicinal soap (cure for Neomonia, when eating Poisonous Jelly) than Extra Thick Goggles and it is somewhat cheaper, too. If you would like some Poisonous Jelly, I can Neomail you some (free).

Are you saying that he isn't cured at all? Personally, I never spend the nps on cures I just make the sick pet my active and visit the healing springs regularly. If I was you I'd double check at the hospital that the cure you are applying is really the correct one just to be sure. After that I don't really have any ideas.

EDIT: wow ninja'd while I was typing =P

So, I used Minor Healing Ointment as I've done it before and it states that my pet has been cured. But when I go to check on my pet, he is still sick. :(

Not an expert in this area. Personally, unless I have gotten them through my dailies, I tend to stay away from the "minor remedies". I find that I end up paying as much, if not more, for them vs. the "doctor" recommended cure. Even back in the "Viacom" days, I believe because the items are "medicinal" or "healing" in nature, when you use them, they will always say your pet has been cured, even when they are aren't. I believe it may say something different, such as your pet's health has been restored or "has fully recovered", if it actually worked. Remember, they only have a small chance of curing your pet. The wording is misleading. You may have gotten lucky in the past using it, and it worked that time, but your pet's lookup always seems accurate, if they are still sick or not.

So, I used Minor Healing Ointment as I've done it before and it states that my pet has been cured. But when I go to check on my pet, he is still sick. :(

Do as Scoobert says and visit the healing springs.  Also, make that pet active, then try coltzan's shrine.  That also can heal your pet.  If the healing springs, coltzan's shrine, or  TDMBGPP don't work, feed him/her poisonous jelly.  That is much easier and cheaper to cure.  Feed the jelly, it will change the sickness from blurred vision to neomonia. Then try the healing springs AGAIN.  If it still doesn't work, then get the cure for neomonia.  Hope that helps a bit.  If you don't have the poisonous jelly, you can buy it very cheap, or neomail Scoobert or me.  We will be happy to give you one.  You only need half of it and you can put the other half in you SDB for another time when you get blurred vision again.  I ALWAYS change blurred vision to neomonia.  It is much cheaper to cure and most of the time, the healing springs will cure it quicker than blurred vision anyway.

So, I went to the Healing Springs today and my pet was fully healed. I'm thankful for that! Great way to start the month of December! Thanks everyone. I appreciate it! <3

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.