Advent Calendar 2015 Begins!

hrtbrk

Are books randomly more than one time reads now? I read the book to DeathKitteh who told me it was such a boring book so I changed the language and it said I have already read that book so sure enough I looked on my list and he had it listed as read. So I read it to my aisha KittyODeath and she has credit for reading it now too. 

Are books randomly more than one time reads now? I read the book to DeathKitteh who told me it was such a boring book so I changed the language and it said I have already read that book so sure enough I looked on my list and he had it listed as read. So I read it to my aisha KittyODeath and she has credit for reading it now too. 

That's kind of weird isn't it, because if they'd read it already you'd think they'd just have said that, rather than grump about it being boring. That's a bit confusing!

You can end up having to read a book twice, if you get that random event where your pet forgets a book that they've read, but it doesn't sound like that's what happened for you here, sounds more like a little coding hiccup.

That's kind of weird isn't it, because if they'd read it already you'd think they'd just have said that, rather than grump about it being boring. That's a bit confusing!

You can end up having to read a book twice, if you get that random event where your pet forgets a book that they've read, but it doesn't sound like that's what happened for you here, sounds more like a little coding hiccup.

Actually it's part of the Loyal User perks launched by Neo a few years ago. For accounts 24 months and older, you get a chance that a book read to a pet doesn't disappear. It's really great for expensive books :)

Actually it's part of the Loyal User perks launched by Neo a few years ago. For accounts 24 months and older, you get a chance that a book read to a pet doesn't disappear. It's really great for expensive books :)

OH! I didn't know that :D That's great that it's not something weird that's gone wrong!

The Surprised Baby Cybunny Plushie for today is absolutely ADORABLE. (When it comes to the Advent Calendar I look forward to it for two things, really: plushies and wearables.)

Today's prizes were kind of lame.  Is it just me, or have the past couple of day's prizes been kind of crummy?

Apparently I managed to get a rod of supernova and then the pant devil stole it...has this happened to anyone else?

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I do not have the Pant Devil as a BD Challenger yet and still don't have him after he stole the item from my inventory. -_-

Lol, so today was the day for the Rod of Supernova gag :rolleyes_anim: :laughingsmiley: the animation for today was funny/ironic, though the very last thing Neo needs is even more rotten old boots xD

Oh my gooooosh, today's animation was adorable and the items (well, DEFINITELY the gloves and maybe the usuki, haven't decided yet) are perfect for my needlework gallery! Plus another wearable and an usuki, two of my favorite sorts of prizes! I'll have to buy multiples of the gloves so that I can have a pair to use in customs!

Definitely my favorite day so far!

Some of the Advent prizes are nice, especially the wearables.  However, I am not all that enthused about them this year.  I find that we are getting a lot of toys and gift (useless) items, whereas last year we got a lot books which was nice.  Today's items were kind of useless except for the fact that my animation prize was a book, yay!  I have been getting a lot of books and two scratch cards from snowager.  Those have probably been the best prizes I have been getting.

I thought today's animation was cute, and that the animations in general have been quite good this year. I'm less enthused about the prizes. Very few books or wearables and no faerie items so far :( Pretty much everything has just been tossed into my safety deposit box. 

I had never seen the rod of star nova so I decided I'd look it up.  After seeing how much it was worth I decide I was being trolled by TNT xD

TNT, so old school they were trolling people way before the cool kids were doing it. :laughingsmiley:

You can bet your life though, as much as people roll their eyes at this gag every year, if it didn't happen then there's be massive complaining xD

I think the animations are nice, this year. It must be a little hard to come up with new ideas, especially if they have been doing it for 15 (?) years. The prizes, to me, seem to be in line with the last couple of years. I never got anything really great and most items were, well, meh, like doing the Altador plot daily. The only thing I didn't notice this year, from previous years, was the NC element. One year, the "hidden element" would give you a "regular" prize and sometimes a "holiday snowball" mall_80x80_holidaysnowball.gif. If you purchased "really warm mittens" (one per each snowball), those were able to melt the snowball and reveal a NC item. Another year, (was it last year?) was a "Candy Cane Striped Ice Treasure Chest" mall_80x80_striped_ice_chest.gif. I don't usually purchase NC, but I did buy some, to open a few of these. Also, what was going on with the Abominable Snowball yesterday? Was I the only one to notice? It was, well, it was...yellow. It could have been due to the candle lights reflecting off of it, but....yellow? Was it supposed to an inside joke? Bottom line, I like the Advent Calendar and I look forward to it, every year. The only Advent Calendar that I know of, that has a prize for every day of the month, not just til the 25th.

One of the fun things about the advent calendar IMO is that every day the items are good to SOMEONE. There's some Neopian out there who collects snowflake items or candy items or heck, even wreaths, and had a ball with today's prizes. Just like I got overly excited about plain red mittens and an usuki that some people wouldn't look twice at yesterday, haha.