What is a topnotch L54 set?

I've never done league battling myself, but I found some information on this petpage: http://www.neopets.com/~League54. According to that page, Hanso Charisma Charm is not permitted in L54.

In L54, Wanderers Cloak will block: 3 air, 3 water, 4.5 light, 4.5 fire, and 3-7.5 earth depending on their stats. In contract, Blue Draping Cloak will block: 4.5 air, 4.5 water, 4.5 light, and 7.5 earth, but only the light and earth if your opponent has at least 20 movement. Bleached Bone Staff blocks 4.5 physical and 4.5 light, plus deals 5 earth icons.

Earth is pretty easy to block. Leaf Shield in addition to the ones shields above will block all that earth damage, so it's probably not a great plan to only deal earth damage.

Beyond that, it looks like both combinations offer a lot of protection. Wanderers Cloak might be better just because it offers a wide array of protection and you can still pair it with an attack or dual duty. On the other hand, BDC blocks more icons of air and water and probably earth (although that depends on whether it's more likely your opponent has >20 movement than >325 intelligence). If you're willing to be exposed to fire, BDC might be better than WC on its own. Or perhaps you could pair with a dual duty that blocks fire like Scarab Ring, Snowager Sword, or Twisted Dark Dagger.

A BDC + TDD combo would protect you from air, water, light, earth, and fire, leaving you exposed to dark and physical attacks. But in good news, if your partner uses the same combo, the TDD attack will be mostly unblocked.

I hope that helps!