Is anyone else saving for the lab ray? :D

ixi_lover_ixi

I've been saving for a very long time now and have just hit 100k :D

I know some people make 100k in a day but I'm not one of those people, I'm bad at games and can't restock because of a slow computer.

If anyone else is saving for it, let's save together and see who gets there first! :D

It's totally worth it! ^_^ I use it everyday, I just wish it would turn my character Xanderina back into a girl though. Good luck! 

I saved for a long time and bought the map a few months ago.  It was tough to buy the pieces.  I had the money, but I kept losing in the auction house.  

Keep saving!  It's absolutely worth it!

Thanks so much to whoever sent me a piece of the lab map! ^_^ ^_^

UPDATE:

Thanks to so many generous Neopians I now have 4 pieces!!!

I have the big Whalein head piece (40,000), the lab door piece (40,000), the small Whalein piece (150,000), and the Whalein tail (9,500). Thanks everyone!!!! :) :) :)

That's awesome!  ^_^ You're very welcome! I had an extra map piece in my deposit box and figured I'd be charitable today. I'm glad others were contributing too! You are so much closer to your goal now. 

I'm saving for it too! I have everything except the 150k-250k pieces. There's three or four of them in that range, I think. Congrats on getting so much closer to your goal today! :)

Is there a specific pet/color you're hoping to zap for first once you get it?

I hear the lab is pretty amazing, so I'm also saving up for it. I recently just reached 1 million NP in my bank account, but I haven't bought any of the pieces yet. I'm sure the entire map is more than 1 million NP, so, just to be safe, I'll wait until I get 2 million NP, so I can buy all of the pieces on the same day (if I can find them all). I'm hoping to be able to reach my goal by June! Good luck on your mission as well! :laughingsmiley:

Edit: Also, is there any way of getting the map pieces besides Shop Wizard, Auction House, and Trading Post?

I think it is. I saw the piece in the trading post for 620k at the least.

Does anyone need a tiki island piece or half a whale with a spike in the corner piece? I have one extra of those two.

I just looked at my pieces, and I actually need both of those. Are you selling them?

What is a good price for a full set these days? I'm seeing a lot of 1.6mil on the Trading Post - Is that fairly standard?

Yes, that's pretty standard nowadays. Inflation is pretty high so I might wait if I were you. I got mine for 1.5 I think and even that is pretty high by standards of a couple years ago. It turned one of my pets into a Faerie Poogle, which I was pretty happy about. Although, it also changed their gender several times and I don't have enough NP to buy a Strange Potion to change him back to a female :(

I'm short two pieces.  I'm after number 1 (the triangle mountain) and number 5 (the centre piece).  Saving, saving...  And like the OP, I want to turn pounded pets into pets with a higher chance of adoption.

EDIT: I've just placed a bid on piece number 1 on the TP.  Fingers crossed, as this person was a fair bit cheaper than everybody else.

It's totally worth it! ^_^ I use it everyday, I just wish it would turn my character Xanderina back into a girl though. Good luck! 

You just have to fight the Lab Scientist in the Battledome and wait for them to use the "Strange Potion" and your pet's gender will be changed.  :laughingsmiley:

I'm not looking to zap my own pets; I'm going to adopt pets from the Pound with bad names, then try and give them as someone's dreamie. :)

Also under 13s can't get Trudy's surprise or Id be there by now XD

Awesome! I wanted to do that as well. :) I like the fact that a lot of people are zapping "unwanted pets" and giving them out nowadays. It was kind of unheard of for that to happen back when I was first on Neopets.

It's not good that thousands of unwanted Neopets come in to the pound every day. I wanna help them! :D

Me too! 

So, the bid I put through on piece number 1 went through and I was successful.  Now I just need piece number 5, that pesky middle piece.  I see them on the TP all the time, but only as part of a complete set and I don't want to NM someone and ask them to break their set, so I'll just keep looking.