Your Neopets Stories - looking for stories

umbreon54399

Heya guys! So I am cross-posting this across a couple different Neopets sites, so some of you might have noticed this before.

I am planning on doing a collaboration comic based off of the wonderful work of Your D&D Stories (http://yourdndstories.tumblr.com/ ) , in which he accepts public submissions from people and illustrates them in all their goofiness! I thought it was a great concept that I think we at Neopets would really enjoy, and since I have basic art skills and a need for practice, I thought I would bring it to us :D

I will illustrate the stories, and submit both of our names into the NT (which the editorial confirmed this week was fine for me to do a recurring comic like this)

What I'm looking for you guys:

Your Neopets Username

Your story! Preferably 5 sentences or less. Anything more than that, and it's going to be trickier for me to draw! This should be a true story, and something that is clearly connected to Neopets! D'oh :D I will keep a record, and create the comics that work best for me and my art skills!

And lastly, patience! It could be multiple months before my first pieces are published in NT (or TNT decides "naw"), and I might not get to your story!

Anyways, thank you guys for coming on board with me!  Hopefully we'll see some great results soon!

And in case anyone is wondering what my current art level is, here is a silly Tumblr which I almost never update:

http://hannahmacm.tumblr.com/

I love your idea. And your artwork is excellent! :) Are you looking to do comics almost exactly like what Your D&D Stories has done--just translated to Neopets? I'd like to help out if I can come up with anything good.  

Awww, thank you guys so much for your encouraging words! I'm looking forward to doing this :)

To answer some of your questions, here are some potential examples which would be pretty easy for me to work with!

1: My cousins didn't have a computer at their house, so when they came to my house, their favorite game to play was Neopets. All 7 of us would load up on the computer chairs, and play every single game on the site till every score was sent. As a young entrepreneur, I was okay with this arrangement. 

2: Once I went to the Money Tree and donated 145 rotten shoes… and a paint brush. Just to watch the chaos I caused. 

It definitely doesn't have to be complicated, nor does it have to be crazy! I'd love to just capture a portrait of Neopets life :)

Wow you are talented.

I kinda see this story as a funny comic strip with Neopets as the main characters, but I'm not the artist here.   :D

Last year for Valentines Day I went to the Chocolate Factory and bought all the negative Valentines candies, like Angry Emoticon Hearts, Mud Lollipops, Reject Dung Lollies, Moldy Chocolate Heart, or the Broken Cinnamon Candies. There's a lot of silly items like that in the Chocolate Factory.

Anyways, I opened The Bad Valentine Shoppe last year as a joke. It was filled with rotten "love" items. The whole thing was just a silly idea, BUT THE SHOP SOLD OUT. I was imagining one neopian giving a whole slew of bad valentines to their neofriends. "Here my love. I purchased only the finest Tampered Bag of Sweets to demonstrate our unending romance."

XD

Edit: Oh, you asked for our username.  Mine is Lindyaol.  (Blinkk5 has become a side account.) 

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed this thread :D

My story: About 8 years ago, I stared playing neopets. Not one week into it, Boochi zapped my main pet baby. Needless to say, throughout these few years, even with long hiatus in between, me and xenakat still enjoy battling him everyday. The feeling of shaking him down for NP and items is like sweet, sweet revenge.