HTS item issues

coley

So, I received an Anubits stamp in a random event (right as I was about to go and battle Anubits in NQII, no less!  :thumbsup: ) and at first I was surprised and happy because I could potentially make 700k-800k from it. I never get lucky with random events like this. But now I'm thinking it might be a curse because who wants to buy a non-avatar stamp? I'm pretty sure this is going to be hard to sell. Any non-avatar stamp collectors out there? More importantly, does anyone have tips or tricks for a newbie on selling an item like this? 

Well, I am definitely no expert in this area, but just because it isn't an "avatar" stamp, doesn't mean it will not sell. There is still the "Stamp Collector" trophy, and if someone is trying to get on that "Hi-Score" table, your stamp could make the difference. Also, some avatar lenders take into account peoples stamp album, along with other factors, as a means to determine if someone would be a "safe lend". More stamps could mean you are more "invested" into your account, as you have spent more NP on it, and wouldn't want to get your account frozen. So, you never know. Just put it out there and see if it sells. If it doesn't, then put it into your SDB and try at a later date, or hold onto it for a long time, and maybe then it will increase in value, as it could be harder to get. Take a look on the TP and see if there are others selling the same item, and for how much. Check JN's item database and see what the average price it is selling for. I know there are others, here, on TDN, with more experience in this area, and, hoping they will post.

There are plenty of non-avatar stamp collectors out there. I am one of them. I'm after any and all stamps I can get my hands on to fill up my album pages. I would suggest you put it up in the Trading Post for about market value, maybe go a bit lower to have a better chance of getting some interest.

Though selling to resellers at 50-75% off is a thing you can do, I wouldn't advise doing it right away. Try and see if you can get a good fair price out of the stamp and then keep decreasing your asking price. Eventually someone is going to bite and make an offer. :)

I agree with what Mouseykins said. I am also a stamp collector and don't collect avatars. I'd put it up at the trading post for what it's worth - maybe a tiny bit lower. If you can't seem to sell it after a while you could go the reseller route but I don't think you'll have much trouble getting it sold. 

Ok, great information! I'm not really interested in the reseller route unless it's just a small margin of loss. Now I just need the patience to wait it out for a good trade. Thanks for your help, everyone! 

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Songbirdsara).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Songbirdsara if you have any questions regarding this action.