Daily Dare 2016 Begins!

hrtbrk

I'm so excited! I just read your post on the one Scoobert posted on 04/09/2016 ^_^

In the past, yes, but who knows if that has changed now as it's been years.

Only one way to find out!!

this is an easy game for me .. so i challenged AAA and got the score fairly quickly ... 

ill try that another day i guess

Do you guys figure it's still best to stick with either AAA or Abigail throughout the whole competition? I always think I can beat AAA every day, but then I realise I can't and switch to Abigail. And for that reason I always got the lowest trophy... Now I'm wondering if I should just challenge Abigail right away and guarantee a (less prestigious) win, or risk losing and ending up with a participation trophy.

Decisions...

Do you guys figure it's still best to stick with either AAA or Abigail throughout the whole competition? I always think I can beat AAA every day, but then I realise I can't and switch to Abigail. And for that reason I always got the lowest trophy... Now I'm wondering if I should just challenge Abigail right away and guarantee a (less prestigious) win, or risk losing and ending up with a participation trophy.

Decisions...

i always mix the two and get a decent trophy .. silver mostly  

I'm excited, but it always seems there's one or two games that AAA has a score I can't touch, and dueling decks is one of those. Oh well. I was looking for information on Raiding Keys, but can't find anything yet.

Definitely check our guide. It takes time and might take a few tries, but it's definitely a score you can work towards that doesn't require skill at a game.

The Raiding Keys is the NC part. You buy the key packs from the NC Mall and can open doors to get the items from the door for that day. You can find our guide for it HERE

Wow. That was fast for it to begin. I was planning to buy a tablet/laptop so I could play the games. :o

Luckily the first game worked (after several crashes) on my phone. Managed to get 25500 (my high score is around 45k)

Lets hope the next games are playable without a keyboard too or I need to play at work :p

The first game I never played...i tried a few times, and then decided to go all in and go against AAA.

I actually WON! I was very happy! ^_^

I love The Daily Dare!

Sweet! This is so exciting! It's going to be a crazy week with the DD starting, new Better Than You, tomorrow, and Obelisk Skirmishes, starting on Thursday! Glad they brought it back, this year. I do like to try new games, and see if I'm still "goodish" at old ones. This must be a lot for JS to do, with the Faerie Quest "event" recently ending, and The Festival of Neggs just ending. I wonder if they will try to pull off AC this year, too? Anyhow, this gives me hope JS is trying to improve things. Oh, to stay on topic, I managed to bet AAA in Dueling Decks. Any chance of TDN making a new DD counter for this year?

I heard that gold trophy is for beating AAA every challenge, silver for completing all challenges and at least one being AAA, bronze for beating all Abigail, and participant for completing a challenge.

I like the Daily Dare, but sometimes it's pretty frustrating lol. Today wasn't so bad, though. I feel like I probably could have gotten AAA's score (my high score is about 18500), but I wasn't willing to invest the time so I challenged Abigail. I'll try to beat AAA on something else.

Ooh! This might be my first time making it all the way through one of these! I'm glad I have you guys for a guide; this time the easier challenge had the prize I wanted: nifty book!

But, I realized after I clicked her that she'd said something about no changing minds... can I pick a different challenger each day, or am I stuck with her now?

Edit: AH! Spyke's post came in as I was typing mine. Well, nice to know I can choose a different one each day. I almost lament that I won't get gold now, but I don't think I could beat him every day anyway. And... I wanted the book. O-o

I heard that gold trophy is for beating AAA every challenge, silver for completing all challenges and at least one being AAA, bronze for beating all Abigail, and participant for completing a challenge.

Ooh! This might be my first time making it all the way through one of these! I'm glad I have you guys for a guide; this time the easier challenge had the prize I wanted: nifty book!

But, I realized after I clicked her that she'd said something about no changing minds... can I pick a different challenger each day, or am I stuck with her now?

Edit: AH! Spyke's post came in as I was typing mine. Well, nice to know I can choose a different one each day. I almost lament that I won't get gold now, but I don't think I could beat him every day anyway. And... I wanted the book. O-o

Same here...I'm not all that into customisation, but a specific book?  That piqued my interest...and the fact that I couldn't beat AAA's score if I tried doesn't help (especially since it ended up being Ylana vs. my deck...in which I had exactly two things that could beat her, but they were just off-beat).

I did it!  I beat AAA.  Man, on a night where I've been feeling like I can't do anything right, this is exactly, exactly what I needed.  I am a bit miffed about the prize system; IMO if you beat AAA you should get both.  Why should there ever be incentive to aim lower?  I don't get it.

Any chance of TDN making a new DD counter for this year?

Hmmm I "might" be able to whip up something new for this year. I've never made one of our counters. If you have something in mind send me a PM and I can see what I can do, if not I'll just go with it. :)

I'm somewhat excited about the Daily Dare, but mostly for the fact that we haven't had one in a while and the last one I barely participated in. Too busy with my math course at that time trying to get it finished before my deadline. Daily Dare is a lot of work for me and requires too much patience. :)

HEEEELLLLPPP!

I was so excited about this, I don't think I've ever competed in a DD before. To my surprise, I already had a high score of over 12000 points for this game. So, I spent the past hour getting to 24700 points, with 18 cards in my deck. Then I got a silly card so used my wild card, but NOW I CAN'T SELECT ANY OF THE THINGIES :crying_blow: :crying_blow: :crying_blow: :crying_blow: :crying_blow: :crying_blow: :crying_blow: :crying_blow: :crying_blow:

So, I'm playing on hard and keep winning with only like, 2500 points...  What am I doing wrong?  Should I be playing on normal?

Edit:  Never mind.  I read the Game Guide.  Need to lose a little.  LOL

Sweet! Never played this game before, but the TDN guide helped A LOT, beat AAA by my 3rd try :rock:  Also, I'm guessing if you beat AAA you get both prizes. Awesome. 

Lilly, you have to lose cards on purpose. I will have 17 cards in my hand before picking a category I know will lose then win them back, usually in multiples of 5. That's how high scorers managed to get 100k+ points