Edna - Cackle! Avatar

marywoah

no one knows for sure but the most tested theory suggests that 3 - item quests are more likely to give out the avatar .. i got it this way btw .. and timing is absolutely random .. it could take a while ...

Is there a way to know which quests are 3 item quests before you accept it?

I've read about only doing quests with the word 'rainbow' in them, and that you might be more likely to get the avatar around Halloween... just wondering if there's any stock in that

No, there is no way to tell which quests are 3 item ones. (Rainbow has nothing to do with it). And, I got mine not around Halloween (in February of this year). I kept doing her 10 quests daily, for about 2 to 3 weeks. I did miss a day or two. Keep doing the quests, and, you will get it. On occasion, I did end up paying more than I wanted to, for some items, but most were in the 3K-5K NP range. Unfortunately, the avatar is random one, but seems to be randomly awarded when completing a 3 item quest.

This is the only hint we get, from TNT, from Neopian Times Issue #603, Editorial:

"Okay TNT, it's been almost 10 years. 10! And yet, still no one knows how exactly to get the "Edna - Cackle!" avatar. Rumor has it that TNT has said it is not random (I can't seem to find proof of this), so let's hear it. Is the avatar really random? If not, can you please, please, please (See, I'm not above begging!) give us a hint?!? ~lavylovesyoulots

*CACKLE* Well, since it's been "almost 10 years," we suppose we can give you a hint. If you're trying to be thrifty about it, we suggest not bothering to fulfill her requests unless she asks you for a few items."

Good luck and don't give up!

I haven't even tried for this avatar because of the random factor. I hate spending tons of np to no avail. I guess I'm not ready to try to pursue these types of avatars.

I swear I've been blasted by the Snowager a million times and never gotten the avatar!!

It was my understanding that this avatar is one of the rarer ones.