strange potion

charelan

I recently read about an item called a Strange Potion. According to jellyneo's item database it is worth 2 million np. I really want one so checked the trading post and auctions.. I imagined it'd be like any other item and there'd be a few but I came up with absolutely nothing. Has anyone ever seen a Strange Potion? I'd love to get my hands on one...

r99[super Rare]

this means youll probably have to wait a bit but one will eventually come out

it changes the gender of your pet only so it's not worth the price tag , unless ur a collector 

If you have access to the lab map, you can fight the mad scientist and he will change your gender almost every battle.  So, as Angelo said, it really isn't worth the price tag.  The lab map is less expensive and more useful, unless you're a collector that is.

Well, I managed to get one for a LOT of np. The reason being that I'm currently trying to raise my Grarrl's stats using the lab ray. And since it can also change gender (which it has done several times), chances might be that he will be a she when I think his/her stats are high enough. So I'm holding the potion into my SDB for when my pet is a she when I finished using the lab. But since they're extreemly rare it might take a while before anyone puts one up for trade. I hope you get lucky someday. :)

I actually want it specifically for the gender change... The only thing I want to change about one of my pets is the gender and am worried about risking the lab ray since I realize that could change anything else (like colour, which I definitely don't want). I guess it's silly to care about my cybunny being a boy when I can dress him however I like  but I can't help but think of all of my pets as girls lol. 

I just reread your post, rntracy - are you saying that I can collect the lab map, never actually use it to zap a pet but get the mad scientist as a challenger and then fight him and my pet's gender could change?? I had no idea this was an option.

This has me thinking: I recently bought a lab map for a friend - do you think I could transfer my pet to him, fight the mad scientist then transfer the pet back? I've never done a transfer before so I'm not sure if this is a feasible idea or if that's allowed. 

If not I could buy the lab map but do you know if I have to actually do a zap to get the challenger? I really don't want to change any of my pets' appearances...... Also, this pet isn't particularly strong - would he need to win the battle?

I'm glad I asked about this... I didn't realize there were other options!!

You do not have to zap to get the challenger; all you have to do is refresh. You certainly are allowed to send the pet to yourself, battle, then send it back!

To save yourself 2 million neopoints, I would suggest either unlocking the Scientist to battle or look for someone who already has the challenger unlocked and who will change the gender for you for free.