Rate/Improve my Battledome Set

All opinions welcome. I think its a good set but how can I improve it?

Nobody?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button. Bumping topics is also not allowed. These boards do not move as fast or have as many users as the NeoBoards.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Looks like you have a very well-rounded set and I'd love to have some of the items in your set. Especially the Fyoras Tear, since I love Faeries and that is one powerful shield. I like your Wand of the Dark Faerie too, especially since it does some good damage and can heal up 20 25% if your health is really low. You've obviously spent a fair chunk of change on your set.

The best weapon I have in my set right now is my GBomb and I love that thing!

You seriously have a Skarls Sword?! I've never even seen one on the TP! (I seriously would love to own one someday, even though it's not the strongest of weapons but it'd be a strong upgrade constant!)

First off, I think you've got pretty much THE ELITE of the elite set. But depending on whom you wish to battle with, there might be ways to improve it. Just an at-a-glance rating, I'd probably give you a 9.6 to a 9.8. A little wiggle room because other things could fill in for some of your defensive measures that are cheaper. But I personally like a good Dual Duty. Hence the range. I'm not going for a 10 because it's hard to not find room for improvements in most sets. Let's see what I can do for your's. ;)

Let's see, Skarls Sword, nice dual duty. More powerful than the anagram swords, and blocks full light. Of course a full defense of light + more can also be done with the Parasol of Unfortunate Demise Naturally without the offense.

Next let's cover the  Rod Of Dark Nova, which is pretty impressive as I look at the entry. Not much on the offense, but the dual 100% defense of Dark and Fire is amazing! But also that it can HEAL 6-60HP is a VERY nice bonus! Defensively speaking, I don't think you could find a better item for the icons it defends or the multi-healing.

Of course there's a Wand of the Dark Faerie, which some people are lucky enough to obtain from Jhudora's 50th quest. Almost a maximum possible attack of 30 icons, close but not quite, a healing function AND reflects 75%  of Light. This is one of the best weapons that does NOT come from the Cove.

Super Attack Pea, is a classic from the Cove. 32 icons of pure power with Air and Earth Icons, and of course, required to get the Super Attack Pea avatar when combined with a Pea Chia. Very nice. One of the few non-dual duty items in your set.

Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield Fairly common to see these days, and it blocks all Light. A reoccurring theme in your equipment selection.

Another Triple Duty item, Moehog Skull, but also like most bombs, Once Per Battle. Decent attack, some decent defense of Dark and Earth, and of course freezes your opponent when used. Rare and one of the coolest looking items. But yeah, it covers some of what you've already got defensively.

Ok, now things get interesting again. You don't see a Jewelled Scarab every day. They're r150 and heal once per battle. Like a Jade Scorchstone or a Leaded Elemental Vial. I believe both are cheaper than the scarab though, certainly more common on the TP.

Thyoras Tear is a classic defense magic shop item, blocks all damage for one round once per battle.

So, at first I was really excited and impressed, but if you're battling with other people who also have sets worth more than 1 bil NP. There are a few improvements I think you could make.

I see very little in Air Defense, Physical, and Water. I suppose that's why you use Hubrid's Shield. To take a chunk out of them. but because of the 100% Light defense. I'd say that you could change out a few of your dual duties. Skarls Sword, I hate to say it, because I really like that sword, but it's excess baggage in your set. It blocks all Light, and has a nice attack of course. But your shield AND Wand of the Dark Faerie also block/reflect Light.

I've got no suggestions really for your Rod of Dark Nova, healer, WotDF, Moehog Skull, nor Thyoras Tear. Those are among the best of their classes.

If the owner is still around, and not frozen or anything, you might switch your SuAP for Darigan Sword Of Death. Apparently only one was awarded, and it's still the most powerful sword available to we Neopians.

I would suggest you focus on the Skarls Sword. Sell it, or put it in your gallery or something. And not REPLACE it totally, but get a few items that you can cycle in depending on whom you're fighting. Shields and/or reflectors. Could really add some variety to your battles. ;)

Of course there are all the 50% reflectors, which are chicken feed price-wise compared to the rest of your set. But if you want to go bigger. Here is a small list of suggestions for some defensive items to replace Skarls Sword with.

Triple Turbo Dryer, Reflects 75% of Air. This combined with hubrid's shield would be a good defensive play. Though I couldn't tell you if reflection would happen first or after the shield took out 5 icons of air.

For Earth, either Ultra Dual Shovel to reflect 75% of earth, OR, you could "slum it" with a much cheaper Pirate Captains Hat, but then you're getting an extra full light block and some fire block, which might overlap with your other items.

For a fake-out, where they might expect you to block some icons. You might surprise your opponent with a Kings Lens Reflects 50% of Earth Light and Dark, is multiple use.

To block Physical, the cheapest would be the Altadorian Swordbreaker. It has a 5 icon earth attack and blocks all Physical.

Of course, if you ever wanted to have some fun against a 1p opponent, One with a weapon we poor Neopians can never obtain from shops or prizes. Don't forget something to steal. Tornado Ring would probably be your best bet, though it doesn't always steal, it can be used multiple times. Otherwise Heavy Robe Of Thievery will get the job done, once per battle. Of course, I do believe that the stealing function is still not working in the Battledome. But, when they get it back up again, it'll be fun! ;)

Overall now, because of the Redundancy of the Skarls Sword and the overlapping of Hubrid's Shield with the Wand of the Dark Faerie, I'd probably rate your set, on usefulness only, at a 9.4 out of 10. Not including price or rarity. I'm rating it as if I owned such an amazing set, and how I'd seek to improve it. but overall, I think a solid 9.6 is warranted! Even though you could get a cheaper full healer as well. ;)

Congratulations on HAVING such an awesome set!

IF you decide to sell Skarls Sword, I'm sure you'll get a decent price. There are stronger weapons that are less rare and thus cheaper, but something like that is special! You'll probably be able to find a collector. It's worth a lot, more than I could pay, that's for sure! LOL And what you get for selling it could cover probably ALL of the items I listed to take it's place, and give you some left over I would imagine.

Happy battling! :D

Thanks Aqua for the very indepth review and I'm glad you like my set.

About the Darigan Sword of Death; from what I've googled/been told from extremely reliable sources (I was on a 8 year hiatus at the time returning only relatively recently) the sword was stolen, duped multiple times and downgraded by TNT to do a combined 14 icons (2 of each icon) so, based on that, I wouldn't get it instead of the SuAP although soon after coming back, much to my chagrin, I did also find out the SuAP was duped similarly, but to a more extreme degree, and is now fairly common. I was thinking about switching it out for a Monoceraptors Claw because the claw is now more valuable and in my opinion is better against shields/reflectors. It may do less overall but I doubt any 2-player opponents would expect that to show up and it would be good in 1-Player. So what are you thoughts on that?

Will think about your Skarls Sword/more varied defense though. You made an excellent point; I do have a lot of light Blockers. My problem with reflectors is that you waste 1/2 a round if they aren't using large quantities of the icon you're supposed to be reflecting (what's the point in reflecting 75% of 5 air icons when you could have hit them with 20+ instead and maybe even blocked a few while you're at it?) or if they don't use it at all. Also I'd never get a Pirate Captains Hat; not because it'd be "slumming it" but because semi-fragiles have the annoying habit of breaking at the most inopportune times or not when you absolutely need them to (The Death Knell). Although the Kings Lens is intriguing.

Also, as a side note, I mostly use Skarls Sword for it's attack; the light defense is just a bonus plus it goes nice with the pea/rod when I use them together. Would you switch it for a Grapes of Wrath instead?

You're welcome! It is a pretty top-notch set. Not something you get to see everyday. :) Because I do not make NP quickly or in great amounts, I consider budget battling my strong suit. But if cost isn't an issue, such as seemingly with your set. It's kind of fun to geek out a bit and look at it from various angles. :) I'm sure your pet must be one heavy-hitter with your set. :) Mind if I ask it's HP? I'm sure the STR at least must be maxed out. I'm not looking for a challenge, my set is intermediate at best. I'm just curious to know how much farther ahead of my peophin your battle pet is. A curiosity born of appreciation for a well trained pet. :)

Ah, I did not know that about the Darigan Sword of Death. That's a shame though. :( I can see why anyone with a righteous set would want to maintain some anonymity though.

Regarding Monoceraptors Claw, I looked at it while doing my review, but focused on power over icon types. I would tend to agree with BlackJaguar's review though, that 2 would get something through most shields, even now 8 years since that review. But one, combined with any of your other weapons, would be an interesting combination that probably would surprise most people if you battle other neopians and give you some more icon variety.

My suggestions of reflectors comes from my own battling experiences. Primarily during the DoN missions. My pet was usually quite underpowered but with the 50% reflectors used the playing field got evened out pretty well, especially with a little luck in the timing. ;) I can't reference most of those older victories right now though. I'm out of town so I don't have access to my older records. But there's a real sense of satisfaction, for me at least, when you can pull off an underdog upset. ;) Tekkitu and Comander Garoo though were probably my favorite underpowered victories. ;) Reflectors to me are meant to be used as a, not quite a last resort, but close. 1p opponents, you have a fairly good chance if you know what their arsenal is. 2p, well, I don't do a lot of that. But if you're in a league or something, you can probably estimate the chances of someone having common items for that league, or perhaps you may know more than just rough estimation.

Anyway, that's why I mentioned the reflectors, I didn't know if you played against the 1p opponents or if you did 2p as well. I do stand by my belief that reflectors can be useful in the right situations and with a bit of luck and deductive reasoning. :)

*nods* Yeah, I only mentioned the Pirate Captains Hat more as a half-joke. I mean it'd work for some situations, but yeah, semi-fragile doesn't really equate to reliable. Kinda like the Ice Scorchstone in my opinion. I'd never get one, because 24% chance of a full heal isn't as reliable as other healers.  That being said, there aren't a ton of once per battle healers that are very affordable between the mid level healers and the ice Scorchstone, so I can see why some battlers would prefer the chance of a heal over a lesser heal.

I would strongly consider switching Skarls Sword to Grapes of Wrath if you're going with a constant for pure power. it depends, imho, totally on how attached you are to your Skarls Sword. And there MIGHT be a time where you'd want the dual duty, but unless you're up against something heavy on the Light, like a Sword of White Lies, it's not likely you'll come up against a ton of light. So it'd probably be safe to sell the Sword and get the Grapes. I'm not sure what either is actually WORTH at this time. but since the Sword is so hard to come by, you might have NP left over after purchasing the Grapes. IF you decide to go that way. Also, the Grapes' FIRE, would be a nasty little surprise for your opponent. or perhaps the Earth might surprise them because it's such a common icon for some battlers, that other than the Pea family, at your level they may not have a full defense set up for it.

Personally, I love the aesthetics of Skarls Sword. but as I said before, no way I could afford one. LOL Maybe in a decade or so more. lol IF I can maybe do well in future wars or events. LOL xD

Anyway, I hope I've helped some. Your set is pretty intense, and quite impressive. If you've any follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck with your battles! :D