My account was suddenly frozen. But there's a catch

nicho93

2 years ago (or more), I decided to log in to my account after not playing for a while. But after I log in, it says that my account has been frozen, but they could not reveal the reason. Over the years I tried to email them but with no reply. I just made another account so that I can send in a ticket and I'm waiting for a reply.

If your account was frozen. you could not look up my account and neopets, right? It should display a "This account has been frozen" message right? I tried to search my account and I can still view it along with my neopets. What's up with that? If you have the time, try searching my neopets account up.

Oh, and I do not cheat on the games, have not bought anything with real money, or done anything illegal. I don't even have Neofriends or even go to the forums. 

What are your thoughts on this?

I was able to view your user lookup (marc_nicholas312) on Neopets. And, as you said, it doesn't appear to be frozen. JumpStart, who took over from Viacom, in 2014, just recently discovered that the Neopets account database was "breached" back in 2012, and "usernames, passwords, email addresses, birthdates, and countries tied to player accounts" was the only information "compromised". Because of that, Neopets started forcing a password change/reset for accounts that had not changed their password since 2012. It is possible your account was affected by that password change. And all of this was announced and started, this month. As I have changed my password recently, I was not affected by this. But, when you go to login, I believe you may be given the option to change your password. However, there is a catch. You must enter and have access to the original email account you registered that account with. For some, that has been a problem, as either they changed email accounts and/or the email account they used no longer exists. I also heard the email messages may have been sent to those email addresses about changing your password. In any case, if you have a "side account", you may want to open a support ticket, or send an email message to [email protected] with your issue. Unfortunately, I do not have a timeline when tickets are responded to. As this has happened to many Neopets players, it may not take too long, but I have no idea. Good luck!

EDIT: Here is a TDN link with more info and the message TNT posted on their Neoboard on Neopets:

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/46675-spring-reminder-change-your-password/

Also, may want to be prepared to provide proof that the account is yours.

So this breach may have affected my account but it did not really freeze it? 

But I have changed my password for that account and tried to log in again, but it still would not allow me. 

I'll try again and I'll read more about the breach. Thank you so much for your reply!  :laughingsmiley:  :rolleyes_anim:

Hi I experienced the same thing with my other account. I was not given any notice of changing or updating my password. I submitted a ticket using this account, sadly its been months and yet I have not received and feedback. I still can't open my main account.

Hmmm this may be the transition glitch... Your account has been "frozen" this way for over two years, correct?

About 2 years ago now, Neopets transferred their servers over to their new owners. In that transition time, there was a glitch that caused many users to appear to be frozen went trying to log in, even though their look-ups showed that they weren't actually frozen. It was caused by trying to login after their first transition but they did a second batch after that.

If that's the case, continue to submit a ticket about it. You should get your account back, but since it's been such a long time, you may have to offer some information to prove you're the owner of the account.

Has anyone else experienced this and got their account back? I would like to know the details.

I know some items that I have, hopefully they will be enpugh.

If it is in fact the transition glitch, then yes. I had to personally go through it.

At the time, I got my account returned to me within a handful of hours.

It was the same situation, too; it said I was frozen but when I viewed my account from a side, it showed that I wasn't actually frozen.

You will likely need to know the original email / any previous passwords / first pet you created etc.

Was that all the information it took to get your account back? I can supply them those info and a bit more about my inventory. 

Also, when was the time you can't access your account and the time you contacted Neopets for help on your account?

I̶ ̶a̶s̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶e̶i̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶1̶ ̶e̶m̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶r̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶o̶c̶i̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶a̶s̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶n̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶o̶c̶i̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶e̶m̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶r̶e̶s̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶m̶a̶i̶l̶.̶

̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶S̶c̶o̶o̶b̶e̶r̶t̶_̶D̶o̶o̶'̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶

E̶D̶I̶T̶:̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶e̶m̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶i̶e̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶m̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶r̶e̶s̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶2̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶a̶g̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶.̶

Nevermind. I made a mistake.

I tried to open a side account of mine which is more or less as old as my main one. I can log in it just fine.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.