Back after 8 years, Starting from scratch

Hey Guys! I am new to TDN here but not quite new to neopets.

After I stopped playing neopets for 8 years or so, I suddenly really want to play it again. Unfortunately i forgot my password, and it's impossible to reset the password as I stopped using the email years ago.

So...while I wait for TNT to respond, I thought I should start again and be more social this time!

I didn't have any neofriends (maybe if I had some, it would be easier to get my account back..) and my real-life friends play neopets casually. Hopefully, I'll make some neofriends this time! 

I also have a question 

(Answered!) Q. If I get back my accounts like a year later (I've read about the efficiency of TNT), am I able to transfer the items and NPs from my old account to the new one without getting frozen? 

EDIT: Also another question 

Q. How do I get neopets to "remember me" so I don't have to relogin everyday? Am I missing something really obvious or is it just not possible because there's so much going on with accounts right now.

Welcome to TDN and welcome back to Neopets! Just in time for Altador Cup XI! A lot has changed in 8 years, but much of the site content has stayed the same. Some things are broken (not working) due to JumpStart purchasing Neopets from Viacom (server move), and some things are gone (Habitarium). Faerie Land is no longer in the clouds/sky. Overall, though, it should look familiar. There are some pet pages that explain the changes. I'll have to find the links.

As for your other question, when (trying to be positive) you get your "main" account back, I believe, yes, you can transfer everything over to it, without being frozen. I think you setup trades via the Trading Post. For now, you can use this account as your main and earn NP on it. However, once switched back over, then no earning NP on your side account, which I'm sure you know. Some of the moderators, here, on TDN, and even some members have way more experience in that area, than I do. Hopefully, they will post.

Have fun, here, and on Neopets!

Welcome to TDN and welcome back to Neopets! Just in time for Altador Cup XI! A lot has changed in 8 years, but much of the site content has stayed the same. Some things are broken (not working) due to JumpStart purchasing Neopets from Viacom (server move), and some things are gone (Habitarium). Faerie Land is no longer in the clouds/sky. Overall, though, it should look familiar. There are some pet pages that explain the changes. I'll have to find the links.

As for your other question, when (trying to be positive) you get your "main" account back, I believe, yes, you can transfer everything over to it, without being frozen. I think you setup trades via the Trading Post. For now, you can use this account as your main and earn NP on it. However, once switched back over, then no earning NP on your side account, which I'm sure you know. Some of the moderators, here, on TDN, and even some members have way more experience in that area, than I do. Hopefully, they will post.

Have fun, here, and on Neopets!

Thanks for your reply!

I don't think I was here for Habitarium, or maybe I missed it when I played before? I just took a look and got some goodies from it :)

Ah altador cup~ really missed that. it's been too long, can't even remember how it works! but I will for sure participate it this year ~

and It's okay, you don't have to find the links if it takes some time, I can just search the web myself.

I was just doing the aboard the coincidence quest, wish that I still have all the junk in SDB of my old account. I was such a hoarder back then. But ...looks like neopets updated and the "junk" from dailies now are different from years ago so it probably wouldn't be of much use...Still miss those items tho(not just the junk lol)! *sob sob. 

Welcome back mango. Good luck getting into your old account.

What are your neo-interests now? I have a bunch of links on Boffur's lookup. http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=BofurrSorry about the  reCAPTCHA,  I should transfer those to his petpage instead. 

Welcome back mango. Good luck getting into your old account.

What are your neo-interests now? I have a bunch of links on Boffur's lookup. http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=BofurrSorry about the  reCAPTCHA,  I should transfer those to his petpage instead. 

Thanks for all the links! 

My neo-interest now is probably..just..hmm..restocking? and earn NPs to 1m+. does this even count. 

I can only see limited items though because my account is so new...

When I get enough NP, I would like to get the secret laboratory and petpet map set again..(basically try to get back to where my old account was at) it'll take a while.

Im also aiming for more paintbrushes!

Oh and I am stuck on the water plant part of the Altador plot.....*Sigh*.....the last time I did it, I was very lucky.

Welcome mangopurin to TDN forums & community! It's always awesome to have players stepping back in to help unlock the ba-jillion questions newbies like myself want to ask, don't know how to ask, or just too confused to know that we're just confused. :laughingsmiley: Anyway, AC is a great time to come back. I do hope you get your old account back soon and enjoy hanging out here at TDN whenever you get time to drop by. My sister (mintmilanos) misses Key Quest a lot, and I do have 2 tokens for the broken game, but I hope you will find all the fun things you liked about NP and discover more new things to like! And make more friends! Happy Gaming everybody  :rock:

I sent you some Gelert items to help get you started, mangopurin. I hope you really enjoy Neopets again and enjoy TDN.   :rambo:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 4 weeks later...