Harder to earn NP with games

mangopurin

I think the exchange ratio for Bouncy Supreme  -  the only game that I can easily get 1000np in a short amount of time - just rose to 4.76 : 1np today.....It feels like all games are just getting harder to earn NPs...

(Maybe it's because I am not that good of a gamer, I wasn't able to make much neopoints at all with games. )

I wonder if other people feel this way too.

I've been thinking that the ratios are more difficult lately too. Kass Basher was always an easy one to get maximum on but that hasn't been the case for me anymore. I'm not on my computer as much now so like named I mostly just do dailies & play Ghoul Catchers. Games used to be my main source of NPs but not so much anymore.

I used to play Bouncy Supreme daily when the NP ratio was more friendly, when they change it can be a REALLY big change, can't it. Sutek's Tomb's another that can swing wildly from pretty easy to earn 1000np on, to difficult to get 250 without a struggle.

I totally get WHY they alter the ratios regularly, I wonder if it actually achieves what TNT wanted though, which I assume was to get people to broaden their game horizons and try different ones. I suspect with a lot of people it means they just play less...

I don't have time any more for an hour a day on Neopets. So I usually just do the Fashion Fever (900 quick points daily) and Catch the Petpet (about 1400 a day). But there is a simple game that you can easily get 1,000 every time: Spellseeker. It should only take a few to several minutes a game. The key is to wait for the gold tiles and only make long chains when they are there so your score is multiplied. Otherwise it takes many levels to get to 100,000. Try to get about 30,000 each level. If gold tiles don't drop then keep shuffling until they do, or make small chains (only 900 points). Some games I start over rather than waste time on not getting high enough score levels. I just played a game and it only took 3 minutes on 3 or 4 levels to get 100,000 = 1000 NP. I also play the numbers rather than words or symbols, it seems quicker. It is also possible to get over 100,000 points on just one level if enough gold tiles are present (see pic from another game I played a few weeks ago). I've never played long enough for a trophy but this is a quick, easy 3,000 a day. No time limits or other hang ups. Just don't let the green tiles drop to the bottom. Good luck! :medieval:

http://www.neopets.com/games/game.phtml?game_id=1157

Neopets_Spellseeker134_K.jpg

I can't get the hang of Bouncy Supreme :( I envy you guys.....

I find the best way to earn NP from games is to play a lot of them, doesn't matter if you don't earn the full 1000np, just practice getting better. This way, every change, I still have about 5 games I can get the full 1000nps. Happy Gaming!

The game ratios change on the 25th of every month. Yesterday, was the 25th. Some ratios go up, some go down, and some don't change, at all. Unfortunately, Kass Basher and Bouncy Supreme seem to be changed more often, and not for the better (read as, staying higher). However, it looks like Kass Basher is decent, again, with 930 to get 1K NP. This pet page keeps track of the ratios and what score is needed, per game, to get 1K NP: http://www.neopets.com/~Ecby. It can be useful. Like lakecat said, I don't always have the time to spend playing one game just to get 1K NP. I know I can max Neopian Battlefield Legends, but when I can get past wave 7 (I think), it still takes about 40 minutes to finish the game, just to get 1K NP. Usually I have to restart the game several times, though. Too long, for me. Trudy's Surprise is helpful, for "earning" NP and Ghoul Catchers is too. Sometimes I forget about games I'm decent at, and the ratio has changed for the better.

EDIT: I thought the game ratios were changed to keep an "even" influx of NP into the economy. Meaning, when a game has a low ratio, like Kass Basher, everyone seems to play for an easy 3K NP. More people playing = more NP generated. So, when the ratios change, it encourages people to try and find other games to make NP, but they may be more challenging (take longer), or in the case of Kass Basher, if the same amount of people play when it is a low ratio, but it has now gone higher, it will mean less NP generated into the economy for that month.

I like Spellseeker for a guaranteed 3k, too :yes: I'm glad that's one of the games where the ratio isn't changed.

I recently discovered Kiss the Morthog... 5300 easy Neopoints at the cost of maybe 200! It only takes a few seconds as well :D

Do you have a sure fire way of winning then?

You can win some NP's playing Kiko Pop as well. It's not difficult, and you can let the game "sit there" for a while, no hurry

I can't get the hang of Bouncy Supreme :( I envy you guys.....

I find the best way to earn NP from games is to play a lot of them, doesn't matter if you don't earn the full 1000np, just practice getting better. This way, every change, I still have about 5 games I can get the full 1000nps. Happy Gaming!

I guess we are all skilled at different types of games. And you've got 5 games while I only have 1!

I totally agree with you, practice makes perfect. I was kind of lazy and gave up easily too..

You can win some NP's playing Kiko Pop as well. It's not difficult, and you can let the game "sit there" for a while, no hurry

For the recent week, I have been constantly getting misses.(the dart bounces off the balloon). Was I doing something wrong or am I just having bad luck.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Neopets has been looking for ways to reign in inflation, since so many people are on it now, there are a lot of accounts which have a lot of highly concentrated neopoints. The other way to keep inflation in check is by upping the stakes for the battledome, which they did remarkably. By paying out with codestones for BD, especially reds, it can help to massively redistribute the wealth. 

That being said, I've probably burned about 6 million neopoints just in training my main pet so far, so it doesn't actually redistribute that much more back in.