So what's a Grensa when it's at home?

So, I got this...thing, from a daily today.

grensa.gif

It looks quite a bit like something you'd find up your nose...

Description says..."Chewy and delicious Gummy Grensa tastes like candy!!"

Tastes LIKE candy, please note, not actually is candy, just tastes like it...hmm, I think I'll pass :laughingsmiley:

Thing is, what actually IS it?! I mean Neo's full of gummy versions of things, but this seems to be the only Grensa thing in existence. I think it really is boogers, quite possibly Dr. Sloth's, or he and Meuka maybe have some secret collab going. :sick01:

If you tilt your head to the right it looks like a pair of really sad and quivery eyes looking at you, it's like one of those Rorschach ink blot things, what do YOU see when you look at it? :laughingsmiley:

I searched the word, and it said it was a past form of the word "grense" which is Slavic for meaning "border" "a boundary" and "to adjoin".
Soooo...maybe it's boogers next to boogers? :sick01:

Well, if you ever decide to Kad, keep it in your SDB because dem kaddies love dem gummy boggies.  lol.  Seriously though, it is a commonly asked for item in the kadoatery.  So you could save it or sell.

BTW, it really does look like an ink blot.  You do see different things every time you look.  lol

Weird... I have no idea what it is. It kind of looks like a defective Chomby/dinosaur-thing to me. lol

Where did you get it from?

You know I can't remember, you'd think it would be the kind of thing that you'd get from Bart, wouldn't you, but I got zip from him today. Grave Danger would seem like a good option too, but nope, not on the prize list for there, plus I got a zombie handbook from there today.

I suspect it was a random event when I played Dice-a-roo earlier, I had a LONG game, spending quite a bit of time on the yellow dice, and got several SHHs that actually displayed, so could well have got a ninja offering too.

I searched the word, and it said it was a past form of the word "grense" which is Slavic for meaning "border" "a boundary" and "to adjoin".

Soooo...maybe it's boogers next to boogers? :sick01:

Booger...glue?! Um, yeah :sick01:

:laughingsmiley:

Well, if you ever decide to Kad, keep it in your SDB because dem kaddies love dem gummy boggies.  lol.  Seriously though, it is a commonly asked for item in the kadoatery.  So you could save it or sell.

BTW, it really does look like an ink blot.  You do see different things every time you look.  lol

Really?! Awesome, I'll definitely remember that! I do still check the kads out pretty regularly and take a look at the prices of the food that's not been given to them yet. Just to entertain myself because it's always about 500k or something.

Totally shouldn't surprise me that kads eat these booger things though, just like normal cats liking earwax and so on. :laughingsmiley: I might keep the booger handy in my inventory as a kind of good luck charm almost! You may be on your way towards gaining me another trophy/avatar. :icecream:

You know I can't remember, you'd think it would be the kind of thing that you'd get from Bart, wouldn't you, but I got zip from him today. Grave Danger would seem like a good option too, but nope, not on the prize list for there, plus I got a zombie handbook from there today.

I suspect it was a random event when I played Dice-a-roo earlier, I had a LONG game, spending quite a bit of time on the yellow dice, and got several SHHs that actually displayed, so could well have got a ninja offering too.

Booger...glue?! Um, yeah :sick01:

:laughingsmiley:

Really?! Awesome, I'll definitely remember that! I do still check the kads out pretty regularly and take a look at the prices of the food that's not been given to them yet. Just to entertain myself because it's always about 500k or something.

Totally shouldn't surprise me that kads eat these booger things though, just like normal cats liking earwax and so on. :laughingsmiley: I might keep the booger handy in my inventory as a kind of good luck charm almost! You may be on your way towards gaining me another trophy/avatar. :icecream:

I gotta push you, keep you motivated ma'am, otherwise you think you can't do it.  But those trophies in your look up prove otherwise.  Give yourself just a teeny tiny bit of credit, and then maybe you won't need me. :woot:  Uggh!  The thought.  Definitely a kad food, I actually, um, er, ah, :shiftyeyes_anim:  bought another one :sick01: after feeding the first one I had to the kads because it is a common item.  As for the expensive foods, you have to be quick when feeding otherwise, all that is left is the expensive and/or UBs.  But they ask for common, cheap foods too.

Haha yep, you're my motivator :D I'll def dip my toe into kadding sooner or later, it's only a matter on time. Right now I'm working on the Top Gamer avatar, inspired by this thread. I'd played 105 games on Monday, check out my count now b)

Jellysundae, you are 10 away from the top gamer!!!!!  How awesome you are!  105 games in one day, you are amazing.  I know you got this and I will celebrate with you!   

Oh I didn't manage them quite that quickly, I realise now that my post made it sound that way, oops, lol. I had 105 on Monday, that sounds better! Took 4 days to get from that to 240 now, but I am awesome, yes b) :laughingsmiley:

It's going to be a big struggle to get those final 10 though, the choices that I have left to play either don't work, I can't get a single point on them even if my life depended on it, or they're things like slots and so on that rely heavily on luck. I'll get there eventually though *heroic pose*

EDIT:

These are the ones I have left to try -

The TDN guides helped me tremendously in many of the games.  There are ones I will play again for the avatar/trophy later, such as Sewage Surfer.

The slots should be kind of easy, just bet all the lines with 1 np for each.  

Tyranu Evavu is pretty easy, just watch cuz they change the position of the cards and that got me a couple of times.  

Sewage Surfer's guide will help too.

The 3 Hannah games helped, but only worked when I switched browsers.

Chariot Race really isn't a race, if that helps 

Crisis Courier is a mirror game and you scored on that, so you shouldn't have a problem with that one..

Wheeler's Wild Ride should be an easy one for you too..

Terror Mountain Tilt was pretty easy for me too.

Neither of the Haunted Shootery games work, as well as the Bilge Dice games.  :(

That's 10 that you shouldn't have any problem with fingers crossed.

Good Luck!!!  :)

Thanks for the tips!

The mirror games that I've not played either don't work, or, in the case of Wheeler's Wild Ride, work but don't send your score >8( That's so unfair :laughingsmiley: 

I took another peek at Scoobert's big post in your thread, I have an old version of Safari on this laptop... :shiftyeyes_anim:  I'd rather eat my own arm that use Internet Explorer, so let's hope I get to 250 before that becomes necessary! :laughingsmiley:

I'm trying Chariot Chase again. I'm really, REALLY bad at it. I run out of time before I've got once around the track, but with a few more tries I'll hopefully manage it. How many laps do you need before you get a score? I'm really hoping I don't need more than one :rolleyes_anim:

Chariot Chase took me a few tries, but I made it around the track once and watched the score board.  As soon as I saw to score, I ended the game.

Kiss the Mortog and Double or Nothing are pure luck, but I read the guides before I played for any tips.

Sorry about the Wheelers, mine didn't work either. but you can try Shenkuu River Rush. 

My dexterity was horrible on all the games as I broke my right wrist and was in a hard cast, so I had to play them all left-handed.  :D

Well, it's only 3 games that use 3DVIA, and it's almost high-score/trophy reset time. Sure, it's IE, but not only you could get 3 games closer to the Top Gamer avie, you could also get 3 new trophies. Gotta have trophies, if you are wanting to use the TDN ALP for Bony Grarrl Club.

FYI, Tubular Kiko Racing is not working, either. It will initially load the game, but when you click "Start" it stays stuck on "Loading Map 0%".

EDIT: Hannah and the Kreludor Caves should work. It uses Adobe Flash, and not Shockwave.

Left-handed! D:< OMG! Ok, if you managed that, then my combined brain/dexterity problems shouldn't hinder me forever, sooner or later, I'll get there!

Yeah, I found that with Tubular Kiko. It teases you with that initial load! At least the others don't even pretend that they're going to work. xD

Games Played: 241 :ph34r:

Double or Nothing 40 Points Beginner (advance at 320)

Glad I tried collecting at 40! Was pleasantly surprised to find it counted was expecting to have to go much further :D

I have 17 Gummy Grensa :sick01: in my SDB, if anyone wants one and can't afford the huge cost. :laughingsmiley:

I always assumed it was based on an early Neo character I didn't know about and never bothered looking up. Perhaps something they meant to develop but never got around to...now lost to the sands of (Neopian) time. :skull: :questionmark: :mellow:

It would be great if we had some past writers and artists from "the good old days/golden years" of Neopets on this forum to finally answer some of these persistent questions and solve these great mysteries for us once and for all. :shiftyeyes_anim: :king: 

Since it is a tyrannian food maybe you got it from wheel of mediocrity?

Oh! I didn't think of that, maybe I did as I did spin that yesterday... Actually, thinking about it, that's definitely where it came from as I landed on the trilobyte and that gives "food" items. Mystery solved by Detective Panthersclaw! :D

Lakecat, such a generous offer! xD While sorely tempted, I think, on reflection, I'll let you hold onto your impressive booger Grensa collection. :laughingsmiley:

~~-~-~-~-~-~

Update on my Top Gamer avie progress: 

My High Scores

You have achieved 246 high scores!

Thanks to Scoobert's suggestion about IE...yes yes, I sacrificed my arm and played the 3DVIA games on Internet Exploder, so I guess I'd better eat my words as well as my arm now. :laughingsmiley:

Just 4 away now... :O

• One of those will be an easy one with Slushie Slinger once the AC starts. I played the mirror game and was truly terrible at it, but managed to score some points so I'll be able to do it again.
  • Dice-a-Roo's likely to be one of the others, that's just going to take time.
  • Potentially Shapeshifter...I'm struggling to understand how to play that, but I got to the 3rd level yesterday which was further than I'd managed previously, so it's coming.
  • Kiss the Mortog, Tyranu Evavu, Grumpy Old King...just got to keep plugging away and I'll get there with one of these eventually! :woot:

EDIT: Ooh! Got a surprise addition with the NC Shopping Race sponsored game, wasn't expecting that to work! :D

So just 3 to go!  :woot: :woot: :woot: