Avid TDN user; new to the forums!

tpc959

Hello all!  

Pink here, but you can also call me Devo.  I've been on Neo for...13 years?  and I can't believe I've waited soooo long to become a member of this community.  

Time spent on Neo usually includes training pets, restocking books, collectibles, and potions, and GAMBLING.  Food club has been super nice to me this week :)

Outside of neo, I'm a law student, gardener, textbook editor, cleanfreak, and all-around-super-nerd.  

So glad to be here - can't wait to get to know you all!

~Devo

Thank you all!  Hopefully I can also be a helpful and friendly addition to the crew!  I'll be spending most of the day with the fam, but hopefully I'll be able to update my profile and such soon :D

Welcome Devo to TDN forums! This is a very friendly group of helpful players and this site helps players like me learn how to get the most out of playinf NP.  :rambo:  I am impressed with all your NP experience and even more impressed with your rl experiences/hobbies -I think you will add a lot to TDN and look forward to seeing your posts!  :rolleyes_anim:

A side note about hobbies, my mom- a teacher for 30+ years tells this story about a lady who came to my 3rd sister's aqiqa (a party the parents throw for the community to welcome their new baby that they present as the family's declaration that they will raise the child in their faith). I wasn't born at that time, but the story goes, my mom was hopping all over to make sure the men had food on their side of the park in NY that they held this party and hopping back to the women's side to make sure everyone had what they needed, getting really tired (she just had my sister who was only 2 months old!). Anyway, the ladies told my mom to sit & rest and join their chat, when 1 lady turned to my mom and told her that she needed to keep herself interesting and challenged, that she must "aspire to be more than just a mother & a wife" and then asked my mom, "What are your hobbies?" My mom looked at the lady hard, then began, "Hobbies? Hobbies...Oh, I remember-those things that you do for fun and in your spare time, right?" That lady was really confused but said slowly, "Yes." My mom snapped back, "Well, Sister, those would be eating and sleeping!" Shut the woman right up. :laughingsmiley: 

Anyway, just an old story that makes me laugh when I hear the word or think of the topic of "hobbies". Happy Gaming everybody!  :rock:

Welcome! I'm also new to TDN, but have been on Neopets forever as well (I've had my current account for 9 years, but have been on the site probably closer to 16 years because my dumb 13-year-old self fell for a scam and lost all my NP and was locked out of my first/original account, lol. Whoops! Lesson learned :P), so it's nice to see another newbie to the forums like myself! This community is so great from what I've gathered in my limited experience, so I'm glad you joined us! 

I'm also super impressed that you're in law school! That is such a tough field, so I give you tons of props for that. :) Also, hooray for gardening and super-nerdery! Those are some excellent hobbies. ;)

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!

To the moms - I commend you for having /any/ hobbies at all, even if it's 'just' eating and sleeping.  Your work is the most important, under-appreciated, under-paid profession I know.  I have nothing but admiration for all you neomoms out there!

Regarding my garden, I'm a flowerboy.  I have been obsessed with bleeding hearts lately, and I've been putting them all over.  They're some of the most beautiful, interesting flowers I've ever seen.  Ironically, I /hate/ it when people give me flowers - I'd rather have a live plant than a dying flower, especially if I'm going through a hard time :D

Again, I'm so excited to be here with you awesome people + start contributing to the community! Always feel free to reach out to me, either on here or through Neo :) 

Yay for mammaw!  I'm thinking of starting a flower/plant gallery on Neo, but I'm not ready to part with my retired items gallery yet x.x

Does anybody know the rules for galleries on sides?

You're 100% allowed to have galleries on side accounts, Devo!

All the items have to be purchased on your main and sent to your side, though.  That's the only real caveat I'm aware of.  (But I don't have any galleries on any accounts ever lolol, so there may be more, minor details.)

Thanks Fish!  That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.  

Unfortunately, I have this terrible habit of forgetting about my sides.  Then, I'll try and log in and realize that I don't remember the password.  It just becomes this whole mess, so I try not to keep anything terribly valuable on side accounts.  Tbh the only reason I have them rn is the lab ray :D

Is your nickname Devo because you like the band? Because its my number one favorite band. Welcome to TDN Forums! Its nice to meet you. Im just getting into gardening, actually. Isnt it relaxing? And Im a huge food club freak too, although I only started playing about a month ago!

Hello Devo!

It really is neat to see how many "newbie" forum-joiners there are that are veteran neopets players.  I also discovered Food Club a few months ago and it is a great way to contribute to an avatar fund.  Unfortunately, food club has been full of upsets as of late, but better in the past few days.

• 2 weeks later...