Yay for lab rats!

I got the lab map a while ago and since then have sporadically been trawling the pound for pets to zap and return. I kind of gave up on it after a while though, lost interest I suppose.

I started doing it again last week; picked a yellow Usul because the name, Braiket, wasn't something hideous full of numbers and underscores. They changed gender on their 2nd zap, and then to grey on their 3rd so back to the pound they went.

I'm not one to check up on previous lab rats, but when I posted the zap in the lab ray thread I pasted the new grey look via their image on Dress to Impress, and when I visited the thread today I saw Braiket all customised!

medium_preview.png

So now I'm totally thrilled that someone's got a pet they clearly wanted, and I'm super motivated to keep up with the zapping now :D I REALLY like the look the new owner's gone for! I'm SO glad I posted the image so I got an easy way to see that he'd been adopted, I'd not have known otherwise. :happydance:

My new lab rat is a green Yurble

small_preview.png

His name's pattappon, I'm hoping he'll turn either Pirate or Maraquan without changing species, especially Maraquan because that looks amazing. Look at this, just how adorable can you get? But I'll be happy with anything interesting.

yurble_maraquan_happy.png

The maraquan yurble is definitely one of my favourite pets! It was really cool to see where your lab pet ended up... I am somewhat envious... I have 5 great pets I don't want to change and don't really want a 2nd account either... You should keep posting these if you relocate any more! 

Yeah I think I will! It really is nice to be able to see when a pet you've zapped has gone to an appreciative new home, I'm brimming with warm fuzzies right now! :D

So I'll save this thread as a catalogue for them I think, so I have them all in one place. Whoever it was - back in the mists of Neopian time - who had the original idea of zapping pounded pets for the benefit of others :thumbsup: bags of kudos to you!

Wow, J, that is super awesome that someone so much enjoys the pet you zapped.  She looks spectacular btw!  For yurbles, my favorite, for some reason which I don't know, is the mutant yurble.  I have a yurble transmogrification potion too.  Have had it for a while.  It would give me a pet that I like, plus an avatar, but it has been sitting in my SDB forever.  Maybe I will use it.

Wow, J, that is super awesome that someone so much enjoys the pet you zapped.  She looks spectacular btw!  For yurbles, my favorite, for some reason which I don't know, is the mutant yurble.  I have a yurble transmogrification potion too.  Have had it for a while.  It would give me a pet that I like, plus an avatar, but it has been sitting in my SDB forever.  Maybe I will use it.

It really is awesome isn't it, they really do look great. I wish I'd not stopped zapping for a while there now, but I'll stick with it from now on. :yes: Getting a good result on the 3rd zap was super lucky for me, I know. Now that I'm all buoyed up by Braiket's successful adoption I'll no doubt get nothing but "back to Level 1" etc. for weeks to come :laughingsmiley:

Sounds like you're savouring the anticipation of the moment with that potion of yours, Maybe Hallowe'en could be a potential date for using it? Seems a fun option for a pet becoming a mutant. :woot:

It really is awesome isn't it, they really do look great. I wish I'd not stopped zapping for a while there now, but I'll stick with it from now on. :yes: Getting a good result on the 3rd zap was super lucky for me, I know. Now that I'm all buoyed up by Braiket's successful adoption I'll no doubt get nothing but "back to Level 1" etc. for weeks to come :laughingsmiley:

Sounds like you're savouring the anticipation of the moment with that potion of yours, Maybe Hallowe'en could be a potential date for using it? Seems a fun option for a pet becoming a mutant. :woot:

Yes, I am excited about using it.  I am also thinking about zapping lab rats like you are doing.  I have a spot open.  Who knows, may get something I like for myself.

Yes, I am excited about using it.  I am also thinking about zapping lab rats like you are doing.  I have a spot open.  Who knows, may get something I like for myself.

Well I've ended keeping my last one, lol. He was a Meerca, I don't like those, but I got a Blue Zweetok potion from...some daily or other, and used that on him -  gaining myself that avatar in the process - then decided I rather liked him so he's stuck around. :D

And I then got another Blue Zweetok potion from the same daily the very next day, which made me laugh!

I'm so glad your lab rat found a great home, jellysundae! You probably helped someone find their dream pet. Best wishes on getting the maraquan yurble; they are absolutely adorable.

Oh I really like how she ended up! & so neat to see how the owner is caring for her. That yurble is cute! I haven't used the ray in q while now. Ended up with an eventide Grundo that I didn't want to change. I have an open slot so maybe I'll follow your lead once I finish up the pet avatars :)

I'm so glad your lab rat found a great home, jellysundae! You probably helped someone find their dream pet. Best wishes on getting the maraquan yurble; they are absolutely adorable.

I really hope I did help fulfill someone's dream pet wishes! Them being adopted and customised so quickly makes it seem likely, doesn't it? :D I just know that if pattappon does zap into Maraquan I'll end up keeping him.  :laughingsmiley: 

Oh I really like how she ended up! & so neat to see how the owner is caring for her. That yurble is cute! I haven't used the ray in q while now. Ended up with an eventide Grundo that I didn't want to change. I have an open slot so maybe I'll follow your lead once I finish up the pet avatars :)

Go for it! It's so satisfying! Empty slots just gather dust, after all. :laughingsmiley:

I'm excited that other people are thinking about doing it too. :D You guys are all making me happy!

@loveyouanyhow  I can't claim to have come up with the idea myself, but it's such a fun thing to do.

Also, on a far less altruistic level...it's basically risk free when it's a Pound pet that your zapping rather than one of your own! The dreaded "back to level 1" is easy to shrug off when it's not just wasted you personally a bunch of dubloons or codestones. :shiftyeyes_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

My current rat changed today from starry (which I didn't like much at all) to snow, which looks (if you'll excuse the pun!) pretty flippin' cool!

preview.png

I really love the leaves for the mane :D So I think no more zaps for me for a while now! See I have a Snicklebeast ageing on this account to get the avatar, or I'd have sent her back to the pound now, but now she'll get to hang out with me for another 6 weeks before going to find a new home :3

ALSO, I've discovered a great bit of layering! \o/ The fact that you can use the Tyrannian AND Earth faerie borders at the same time, AND the shrubbery in front, this makes me very happy as they look awesome together! The Tyrannian border just about completely hides the earth faerie, apart from a tiny bit of her hair, which could totally be a bit of a tree, so yay!

I have a folder in my bookmarks where I save the pet lookups of all the pets I adopt out.  I like being able to check in on them when I start getting frustrated whenever an adoption falls through.

That's a good idea! The usul I started this thread about is a sad green peophin now :O

That's a good idea! The usul I started this thread about is a sad green peophin now :O

Oh that's disappointing! She was so pretty! I zapped a Shoyru that turned Woodland which I thought was pretty cool. She was adopted & turned checkered but is all dressed up so apparently the new owner is happy with her :p

Oh that's disappointing! She was so pretty! I zapped a Shoyru that turned Woodland which I thought was pretty cool. She was adopted & turned checkered but is all dressed up so apparently the new owner is happy with her :P

It was disappointing when I first saw, almost a shock! For a moment I thought it was the wrong pet. Here's the thing that I realised though, we don't know what another person's intent or preferences are, and we also can't help feeling a wee bit proprietorial over a pet that we've zapped into something cool. So there's a teeny bit of butthurt when a new owner does something to them that we wouldn't have. It's no different to when people sell their house, and then suffer hurt feelings when the new owner rips out something they'd put in and thought was a great improvement. :laughingsmiley:

But as Braiket's new owner did such a great customisation of them as a usul, I'm sure they'll do something just as good now they're a peophin, and I shall visit them every now and again to see how it's going. :yes: