will my score for aots ever send, or is it a lost cause?

danascullymd

So I know Attack of the Slorgs is one of the shockwave games notorious for giving users trouble. The good news is I can play it on FF, bad news is that when I try to send my score, it redirects me to the load the soundtrack option :sad01_anim:

Has anyone found a fix for this, or should I just give up for a bit? Sadly, I had a high enough score for the avatar and a place on the high score table that did not go through. Still a little bitter.

For PCs only, you may be one of the lucky few by using Opera, IE 11 or Safari 5.1.7. THESE are the only know working browsers to load and submit in the last year. Sorry no known fix for FF. 

http://www.neopets.com/~Sparky_of_the_Playa has some suggestions. I lost play-ability in early 2016 so I stopped updating it. Something there may work for you.

Keys are: enable and add compatibility as needed (see my guide), know the GOOD ERROR vs bad ones, reload reload reload . It may take more than 40 refreshes to eliminate a borrower. 

Luck and mumbo jumbo required. Interestingly enough your windows version and computer age do not seem the determining factor, I've seen screenies of Window 7, 8 and 10 submitting.

Thanks Sparky. I'll have to try this out when I get a new laptop that will actually have the processing speed to load web pages!_

Might as well try on as many PCs as you can get your hands on. There really is no how or why with those finicky shockwave games. Good luck. A year ago I'd say you could get 2/4 to load and submit. Now :sad02: , sure sounding ain't guaranteed. Attack of the slorgs had been the least problematic of the 4 so.... maybe.... if you are very lucky and have favor with the cache and cookie gods ....

I replied to your post on the "Games" Neoboard, but misparky gave you the best advice.

Other Shockwave avatar games, along with Attack of the Slorgs, are Dice Escape, Gourmet Club Bowls, and Hannah and the Pirate Caves.

Other Shockwave games (non-avatar) are Castle Battles, Frumball, Hannah and the Ice Caves, and TROTRODS (The Return of the Return of Dr. Sloth).

Unfortunately, Firefox will act the same with all of those games, if they load.

Hoping someday TNT will update these games.