Worth it to train for Jetsam Ace's higher difficulties?

I've trained my pet to be able to one-shot him on beginner, but I was wondering if the drops you can get in the higher difficulties warrants me training him further? In the mean time, having to buy potions for every other match feels like it would be really tedious. 

I looked up your pets, and I am guessing that your draik is your BD pet. If your endurance/health points are 175, your level could be as low as 58 or as high as 87 (maybe even higher). My 3 top BD pets,my Pirate Krawk (Harry_the_Toothless) is at level 84 with health points 160; my red Shoyru (Harrund) is at level 81 with health points 155; and my Maractite Aisha (Kokariia) is at level 75 with health points 149. They sometimes can take the Jetsam at 2nd highest difficulty level 80 but still can't best him at highest difficulty level at 106. My weapons for them are to have a shield (pet related or the KI Team AC shield), a strong sword, a stone club or another sword, flaming toaster, bag of faerie dust (healing), a bronze/silver/earth scorchstone (another healing item), an axe (altadorian halberd or throwing axe) and some of the new BD items from DailyDare that their rarity index for their weapons are either 95% or the Krawk has 97%. So, I think I still have to keep training my pets to beat the Jetsam Ace at his highest level. Now that AC is over, I can pick up their training and I battle him every day to get nerkmids off of him- which 1-2 a week I manage to get from him.

That's my experience so far for 2 years on NP, I hope other experts in BD will give your more advice on your question. I also buy dewberry reviver to bring my BD pets back to full health quickly to keep battling that Jetsam to get a nerkmid or a red codestone. :rolleyes_anim:  

I always battle the jetsam ace on easy... and some days I have received as many as 4 nerkmids. I've been wondering the same thing... but from midnight_spell360's response it doesn't sound like you receive any of the better prizes more frequently...

Yes, I have lens flare or silence, sear , cranky, bandage, and static cling for my top 3 BD pets. My 2 lower trained BD pets have icicle in place of sear. Should I change the ones who have silence to lens flare? Sear seems to get knocked out while icicle stays, is icicle better than sear?

I looked up your pets, and I am guessing that your draik is your BD pet. If your endurance/health points are 175, your level could be as low as 58 or as high as 87 (maybe even higher). My 3 top BD pets,my Pirate Krawk (Harry_the_Toothless) is at level 84 with health points 160; my red Shoyru (Harrund) is at level 81 with health points 155; and my Maractite Aisha (Kokariia) is at level 75 with health points 149. They sometimes can take the Jetsam at 2nd highest difficulty level 80 but still can't best him at highest difficulty level at 106. My weapons for them are to have a shield (pet related or the KI Team AC shield), a strong sword, a stone club or another sword, flaming toaster, bag of faerie dust (healing), a bronze/silver/earth scorchstone (another healing item), an axe (altadorian halberd or throwing axe) and some of the new BD items from DailyDare that their rarity index for their weapons are either 95% or the Krawk has 97%. So, I think I still have to keep training my pets to beat the Jetsam Ace at his highest level. Now that AC is over, I can pick up their training and I battle him every day to get nerkmids off of him- which 1-2 a week I manage to get from him.

That's my experience so far for 2 years on NP, I hope other experts in BD will give your more advice on your question. I also buy dewberry reviver to bring my BD pets back to full health quickly to keep battling that Jetsam to get a nerkmid or a red codestone. :rolleyes_anim:  

Thank you for your detailed response! I'm able to get about 3 battles on the hardest difficulty out of one potion, and just purchased a bunch of them. I'm sure this data is somewhere, but I'm gonna keep track of the drops on medium/hard for a few days and compare. Yesterday, the only difference was a Space Kabob, worth 1.5k. So that pays for one day of potion use? Oh, and in case you were wondering, Roebe is level 86. I just spam a Scroll of Knowledge + Scroll of the Scholar, and 1 or 2 hits with icicle + 1 with Lens Flare. :) There's probably a better way of doing that but I was really poor when I put together Roebe's kit (prior to CC 2015 lmao).