Faerie Caves II Trophy Question

WeyrCat

Hi. The guide says that "everyone who has that score and is on the top 100 scoreboard when trophies are given out gets Gold". Does this mean if I play it today I can get a gold, or do I need to wait until a specific date?

Hi. The guide says that "everyone who has that score and is on the top 100 scoreboard when trophies are given out gets Gold". Does this mean if I play it today I can get a gold, or do I need to wait until a specific date?

Trophies are (usually) awarded around 8 pm NST, every night. However, trophy awarding has "glitched" on occasion, and has skipped a day or two. The latter is just FYI. Faerie Caves II is one of the "Exceptional Eight" games. Those games are "exceptional" in the fact that if you post the max score and are in the top 100 of the high-score table, when trophies are awarded, you will get the gold trophy. If the top 100 all have max score, all 100 will get a gold trophy. Bruno's Backwoods Breakaway is another of the "Eight". Here is a link to a petpage with more info on trophies (basics) and the "Exceptional Eight" games: http://www.neopets.com/~tied_trophy_scores. Good luck and I hope you get the trophy for Faerie Caves II, if you are going for it!

EDIT: As you have to post max score, to get the gold trophy, there is no special date to try - any day of the month is fine. Some games, like Korbat's Lab, Maths Nightmare, etc, it is easier to try to get into the top 50, for the avatar, on game reset day - the first day of every month, for example, where the posted scores start out lower (generally).