Neoboards - Out With Some Old, In With Some New & reCAPTCHAs Gone?

Scoobert_Doo

For those who frequent the Neoboards, you may have already noticed, and, for those who don't, may like to know - the Neoboards have been updated.

Back in Neopian Times, Issue #702, Editorial, this was brought up:

"Hi CQ! It seems like a lot of simple requests get fulfilled thanks to you when they get sent through the editorial so I thought id give this a try, The neoboards arent as active as they used to be, which Im sure you guys are aware of. I was wondering if there is any chance you guys can somehow condense the chats? Remove the ones that arent active and maybe combine the ones with moderate activity? I believe it would expose users to other areas of the site they might not usually be exposed to. P.S Can you ask Hip hop queens what her favorite album was this year? A lot of artists dropped albums this year and Im curious to know what and who she listens to. Thank you and remove my username please. :) *hands bag of fiery hot cheetos* ~ username removed
Hi! So we've actually been discussing this idea a bit and are planning to condense some Neoboards in the near future. Don't worry though, all the boards users love will be there! We're aiming to streamline the options so you can easily find the best place to discuss any Neopian topic!
PS, she said something about curious tales, and trials of persons? I don't know, I'm all about the country!"

Well, it looks like JS, has followed through. Some boards that have been removed are "Official Battledome Beta", "Neohomes", "Petpet Park", "Evil Things and Monster Sightings", and "Habitarium". Recently added is "Ghoul Catchers". (This wasn't meant to be and is not all inclusive).

And, it appears reCAPTCHAs are no longer being used for user lookups.

So, what do you think?

reCAPTCHA was annoying! Good riddance! and I like the changes to the Neoboards. Some things like Petpet Park and Habitarium no longer exist  :sad01_anim:  :sad02: So they needed to go I suppose and Ghoul Catchers needed a board so yay! I wish they'd bring back Key Quest and World Challenges tho... *sigh*

I am glad they got rid of the boards that were non-existent.  Just my two cents as far as why the boards are not as active.  A lot of people who are/were active on the boards had their accounts hacked.  Has anyone hear of the "techo morpher?"  He surfed the boards, especially the PC, and morphed people's rare and/or unconverted pets into pirate techos.  I don't EVER go on the boards anymore.  I lurk here and there, but I NEVER post.

Hmm, ok...thoughts from the depths of my brain (a scary place, I can tell you) as they've removed the sections for the Habitarium and Petpet Park, but NOT the one for Key Quest...potential to be hopeful, maybe?

Hmm, ok...thoughts from the depths of my brain (a scary place, I can tell you) as they've removed the sections for the Habitarium and Petpet Park, but NOT the one for Key Quest...potential to be hopeful, maybe?

I keep telling people that KQ is coming back, just that they need to repair the site so it'll run without any problems, but do they listen? No. They keep telling me it's hopeless, and I try my best to be optimistic, and they never take it, they just ignore me.

When it comes back, they'll finally say to me, "I'm sorry we didn't believe you! We are so sorry!"

(ignore that, I'm sure KQ is coming back, just give TNT some time :) They're working hard on getting this site together! <3)

I keep telling people that KQ is coming back, just that they need to repair the site so it'll run without any problems, but do they listen? No. They keep telling me it's hopeless, and I try my best to be optimistic, and they never take it, they just ignore me.

When it comes back, they'll finally say to me, "I'm sorry we didn't believe you! We are so sorry!"

(ignore that, I'm sure KQ is coming back, just give TNT some time :) They're working hard on getting this site together! <3)

Yeah, a whole lot of people just enjoy the drama of doom saying, it's gotta be said. xD

Like you say, JS are still moving forward with fixing things so people saying it's hopeless is just silly. :yes:

I was really happy about reCAPTCHAS. I just clicked through a bunch of profiles because I could.  :laughingsmiley:

How long ago was the "techo morpher" active? I think I heard about someone's UC being morphed a month or so ago. 

I honestly didn't mind the reCAPTCHA at all, I just wish the pictures had been more fun, and better quality, rather than generally looking like they were taken with a 15 year old phone through a dirty window.  >_<

The day I got to click on pancakes was a happy one, lol. But more often than not it was store fronts in what looked like 3rd world slums...

This feels like a noob question but how would someone morph someone else's pet? How terrifying is the thought that I've been on the Neoboards, risking my pets (not that they're extremely expensive or rare, but they're special to me) and not even knowing the danger I was putting them in?

This feels like a noob question but how would someone morph someone else's pet? How terrifying is the thought that I've been on the Neoboards, risking my pets (not that they're extremely expensive or rare, but they're special to me) and not even knowing the danger I was putting them in?

If your account is "hacked", the person who hacked it could easily use a morphing potion on your pet or pets.

If your account is "hacked", the person who hacked it could easily use a morphing potion on your pet or pets.

Luckily this never happened to me (dunno when it happened or if they're still there).

Thanks for the info. I never go on the Neoboards, so I had no idea about the setup, but it's nice to know it's been updated. On the other hand, I visit user lookups all the time, so I noticed the reCAPTCHAs are gone. It was a minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things (would rather deal with it than have accounts compromised), but of course best to have there be a way to go straight to a lookup and still have it be protected, so I'm glad that's been figured out as well.

reCAPTCHA was annoying! Good riddance! and I like the changes to the Neoboards. Some things like Petpet Park and Habitarium no longer exist  :sad01_anim:  :sad02: So they needed to go I suppose and Ghoul Catchers needed a board so yay! I wish they'd bring back Key Quest and World Challenges tho... *sigh*

I am completely with you. I have never played WC, Keyquest or the Neopian Heroes (I believe that's what it's called) they need to bring those back! I mean I'm glad the reCAPTCHA's and neoboards are clean, but I would of rather had one of those three games :(