Is neo dying?

Snowbell

Hello everyone! So I typed in the dailyneopets into my laptop like I do every day and noticed that it has been a few days since anyone has made a new topic. This is kind of depressing. What do you guys think? Is it getting worse or is it just me? Is there any hope left for neopets?

Also I'm thinking of joining Leopets. What do guys know about it?

I don't know for sure, but I read an article about nostalgic websites (from this year) that said there were only a few thousand players. I'm still kicking around, but it's definitely more of a side-game. A thing I can click spam while watching Netflix or reading a book. I like the events (that don't revolve around NC), but there aren't very many anymore.

I hope not! I like neopets because it's a nice little hour I can have to myself where I have mini goals and tasks that make me feel productive while I'm doing absolutely nothing.

I think maybe people aren't posting because there's nothing to talk about, like hrtbrk said! Don't worry there will be something to talk about soon I'm sure!

I hope not too!! I'm still sad about losing my original account over 10 years ago (got hacked and quit for about 7 years), but since re-joining I love neo even more! Maybe I missed out on the glory days but I love the events and generally don't miss a day of dailies at the very least.

As for Leopets - I've never heard of this... Maybe I'll have to look it up. But if it's another pet site there's just no way I'd make a switch after spending so much time (and yes, money - I've become a little overly obsessed with customization)... I get weirdly attached to things - despite the fact that my pets are digital I still have a bizarre sense of loyalty to them haha!

That's good to hear. The fact that this site is still up proves something. I tend to be more active before school starts because many of my friends have already head off to college and I start a bit late. I just miss the glory days but who doesn't? Neopets is more of a close nit community now though.

when they switch to HTML5 that's smartphone friendly and have a mobile app .... then new kids will start joining again ...

i literally had my cousin's son ask me what's a laptop !!? 

• 2 weeks later...

My original long standing accounts were wrongly frozen last year and I decided to rejoin yesterday to see if there was anything new to do. Sadly I have not found any new features so far :( I've only really rejoined to play a few games I enjoyed but I'm not really that interested in the rest of the site anymore.