ReCaptcha

Carlos_spicy

Well, it was fun while it was gone, but, for security purposes, i understand.

It would have been nice if the Neo team would have posted something.

And here it is. This was posted in today's (8/26/2016) Neopian Times, Issue #746, Editorial, last question, http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=746:

"Hello, my TNT homeys, care to tell us all why REcaptchas are back? Getting rid of them was the best thing you all have done in the past three years, and now they're back, but why? ~ skeebsy

Because unfortunately, some users started to take advantage of them being gone and got back up to their old tricks of using bot programs, which becomes and issue for user safety and site performance."

Personally as annoying as it is, they should just leave them up. I doubt they'll be able to stop all the bot programs from stealing accounts and such as they programmers can just keep tweaking. The ReCaptchas provide a bit of extra security for us.

Thanks Scoobert!  I saw it this morning when I read the editorials.  I guess I'm a little disappointed that it took a question in the NeoTimes to get an answer.  I'm happy they answered, but, isn't this what the neoboards are for?

In any event, they are back and it is what it is.  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ReCaptcha should be on every page (shops, kadoatery, games, forum, auction, battledome, training schools/academy, quest ...)

Yes. And you should have to do a ReCaptcha to refresh the Shop Wizard, and to visit the Healing Springs, and oooh, how about a ReCaptcha for every single stock you buy -- want to hit your 1k daily limit? THAT'S 1,000 "which squares feature a sign?" FOR YOU!!!! 

:rolleyes_anim:  :rolleyes_anim:  :rolleyes_anim:  :rolleyes_anim:  :rolleyes_anim:  :rolleyes_anim:  :rolleyes_anim: