Stolen Webkinz Cuddly Koala

NeoStep

(Sorry if I sound hateful, I just can't believe this happened, so please don't take offense to what I say...and yes, this Koala was ordered on Amazon)

Okay, I was at school on Thursday of this month (Sept. 22), which was the day after my Signature Koala Bear came (Sept. 21). It got delivered at 2:44 PM. I was getting happy to see it, but then, it ended up with me going hysterical. The reason why, was that the package (which had my name and shipping address on it in black and white, and I paid for it) randomly vanished. My Dad called the post office on this whole situation and they told my Dad that they left it on a chair. This raised a huge red flag as the package can't get up and walk away. We assume it's a little girl who had no boundaries and looked at my package and took it with her (and her parents didn't even tell her to put it down and leave it alone). We told our friend to let us know if they see anyone with a "pink koala bear" (my Cuddly Koala) in anyone's possession.

I already ordered a second one, but this time with an address change. We still plan to get the seller to give my money back on the first Koala, not the second.

As of right now, someone is playing with MY Webkinz, and I will not rest until I find it (and possibly snatch it away from them if possible, as it is my item that I paid for).

I asked a police officer/SRO at my school about this and if it is a crime, and it is. Sadly, they'd only go in for a week in prison. Plus I'd need evidence for this situation, which I can't really provide. Unless they have a light that detects fingerprints and we investigate those.

Anyways, yeah, I'm very ticked off because I paid for that and my name was on the package.

I'd be super ticked off if they already used the code, because that's MY code for MY Webkinz.

Sorry to hear about your loss of an important Webkinz.  :sad01_anim: I didn't know that the Post Office is allowed to leave merchandise packages on people's doorsteps, given the high amount of packages "disappearing". I thought that if you aren't home, the Post Office should leave you a note (a form or pre-printed sticky note) filled out with your package's information and for you to come to the Post Office to pick it up, to avoid packages being "lost".  :shiftyeyes_anim:

BUT...I'm just a kid, so what do I know?... it still is sad to hear that your special Webkinz was taken.  :sad02: I hope that you will get your Webkinz soon and you get closure with what happened and justice wins out. Be careful to not leap to assumptions, as you are understandably upset, don't let it take you over- my faith reminds me that everything that happens, good or bad, is for my good- even if I can't see the big picture or look beyond the pain I feel at that moment. Life is full of tests, usually with unfair results, so I pray that overall, you will get peace in this and be a true winner, inside. Hugs! Be strong! :rolleyes_anim:

So sorry to hear that your package was taken!

And yeah, much like midnight_spell, I'm also suprised they'd leave a package outside your house. (I'm pretty sure that where I live (Holland) they're not allowed to do that - they usually drop it off at a neighbour's house if you're not home.)

I hope you'll manage to get it back!

(Also, did the package specify what was inside? Because while it'd be nicer to think it was taken by someone too young to know any better, there are, unfortunately, a ton of people in this world who'd see an unattended package somewhere, and think "Hey! Free stuff!". Regardless of what was inside.)

Sorry to hear about your loss of an important Webkinz.  :sad01_anim: I didn't know that the Post Office is allowed to leave merchandise packages on people's doorsteps, given the high amount of packages "disappearing". I thought that if you aren't home, the Post Office should leave you a note (a form or pre-printed sticky note) filled out with your package's information and for you to come to the Post Office to pick it up, to avoid packages being "lost".  :shiftyeyes_anim:

BUT...I'm just a kid, so what do I know?... it still is sad to hear that your special Webkinz was taken.  :sad02: I hope that you will get your Webkinz soon and you get closure with what happened and justice wins out. Be careful to not leap to assumptions, as you are understandably upset, don't let it take you over- my faith reminds me that everything that happens, good or bad, is for my good- even if I can't see the big picture or look beyond the pain I feel at that moment. Life is full of tests, usually with unfair results, so I pray that overall, you will get peace in this and be a true winner, inside. Hugs! Be strong! :rolleyes_anim:

I'd have a very small chance of ever getting it back, cuz we'd have to find out who has it first before going to that scenario. And to be honest, this was the first time a package has ever been stolen from me. Thank you for your input, as I will try and sort this out.

So sorry to hear that your package was taken!

And yeah, much like midnight_spell, I'm also suprised they'd leave a package outside your house. (I'm pretty sure that where I live (Holland) they're not allowed to do that - they usually drop it off at a neighbour's house if you're not home.)

I hope you'll manage to get it back!

(Also, did the package specify what was inside? Because while it'd be nicer to think it was taken by someone too young to know any better, there are, unfortunately, a ton of people in this world who'd see an unattended package somewhere, and think "Hey! Free stuff!". Regardless of what was inside.)

The package doesn't specify, sadly. And I have a very minuscule chance of getting it back, as we'd have to find out who has it before I can go to that step.

Thank you for your input as well.

Okay, so that is messed up for someone to steal the package and if it was a kid, well their parents should've taught them it is wrong to take something that does not belong to them. Packages get left at my home, but we have a covered car port that leads to stairs that go to our door (packages get left on the stairs) and there are trees around and it's hard to see from the street. I don't know if we'd have problems if that wasn't the case. I think, if the area seems more like it would be easy for an item to get stolen, the delivery person should leave a note.

I'm sorry, but I did laugh when you said they could get a week in prison only because I imagined someone at the prison being like "So, what are you in for?" and the answer is "I stole a Webkinz Cuddly Koala".

Seriously though, hopefully you find or maybe the person will realize it was wrong to take the item. If not, well you know it could happen, so you can be better prepared for future reference and at least you were in the position to buy another Koala, although I also hope you are able to get your money back for the first one.

I'm so sorry to hear about the theft. I've had packages stolen too, and since the post office doesn't seem to care or feel responsible for it, I tried to create hidey barriers for them to stow boxes behind... and they still leave them in front of the door in full view. :(

My condolences and commiseration to you.

Okay, so that is messed up for someone to steal the package and if it was a kid, well their parents should've taught them it is wrong to take something that does not belong to them. Packages get left at my home, but we have a covered car port that leads to stairs that go to our door (packages get left on the stairs) and there are trees around and it's hard to see from the street. I don't know if we'd have problems if that wasn't the case. I think, if the area seems more like it would be easy for an item to get stolen, the delivery person should leave a note.

I'm sorry, but I did laugh when you said they could get a week in prison only because I imagined someone at the prison being like "So, what are you in for?" and the answer is "I stole a Webkinz Cuddly Koala".

Seriously though, hopefully you find or maybe the person will realize it was wrong to take the item. If not, well you know it could happen, so you can be better prepared for future reference and at least you were in the position to buy another Koala, although I also hope you are able to get your money back for the first one.

Haha, I can kinda see why you laughed, it does sound funny when I reread that part. But thank you, my sister and I are gonna be extra vigilant next time. And the second one I ordered was - thank the heavens - NOT stolen this time. It came perfectly and the code was new and unused. I still have to let the seller know about the first Koala (as we keep forgetting to contact them, so it's our fault on our part, we will apologize for the lateness of course) and see what will happen.

I'm so sorry to hear about the theft. I've had packages stolen too, and since the post office doesn't seem to care or feel responsible for it, I tried to create hidey barriers for them to stow boxes behind... and they still leave them in front of the door in full view. :(

My condolences and commiseration to you.

Thank you very much. The second one I ordered came completely fine and unharmed, plus it came with a code tag too.

I'm still gonna find a time to reply to the seller.

UPDATE: Luckily, Amazon had a thing where I could get a refund, so I now got my $6.21 back for the first Cuddly Koala. Rejoice!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad you got your refund! Unfortunately, unless you suspect something and put up some kind of camera it's almost impossible to catch someone stealing from a porch or mailbox. I've seen videos of people stealing from porches and the like on the news before. And I know my sister used to talk about worrying about that kind of thing happening when she was living in an apartment building downtown. It's really too bad people like that do stuff like that. It's definitely a crime. Might even be a felony because they're tampering with the mail, in a way. I mean sure it got delivered, but not received by the intended person.

Anyway, this is why I always request a tracking number, or get a tracking number when I send something. Because then I have proof it was delivered. And it's not usually that much to add Tracking. At least not at the post office. Not sure about UPS or FedEx since I don't use 'em to ship. ;)

At least you got your refund and your item, so that's good!

I'm glad you got your refund! Unfortunately, unless you suspect something and put up some kind of camera it's almost impossible to catch someone stealing from a porch or mailbox. I've seen videos of people stealing from porches and the like on the news before. And I know my sister used to talk about worrying about that kind of thing happening when she was living in an apartment building downtown. It's really too bad people like that do stuff like that. It's definitely a crime. Might even be a felony because they're tampering with the mail, in a way. I mean sure it got delivered, but not received by the intended person.

Anyway, this is why I always request a tracking number, or get a tracking number when I send something. Because then I have proof it was delivered. And it's not usually that much to add Tracking. At least not at the post office. Not sure about UPS or FedEx since I don't use 'em to ship. ;)

At least you got your refund and your item, so that's good!

Thanks Aquamentis! And true, it is sad to see people want to steal mail...whoever has my first Cuddly Koala, I hope they're enjoying it...cuz they dunno who they're messing with.