know any good html guides?

androidTurret

I'm pretty new to this and terrible at finding good guides. Has anyone found any really good guides that explained everything in a way that's easy to understand? Or even books I could check my university library for?

My only coding knowledge at the moment is with C++ and it's pretty basic, not to mention fairly different from what I can see in HTML.

I'm currently working on an HTML/CSS/Tutorial Guide on Eavvy's page. I haven't had much time to tweak it lately but it'll be a decent one when I've compiled more information onto it. :)

While it's not Neopets specific and Neopets html/css... will limit a lot of things, w3schools has always been my goto guide for everything related to web programming. It has great step-by-step tutorials as well as good reference for any things you want to look up as well.

It looks like it'll look nice once there's more than a home page on it. I like the layout and am looking forward to when it's ready!

If you click on the "Battledome" tab at the bottom it'll take you to the HTML basics page, which is the only other one I've been working on. :)

w3schools is a great resource and I use it all the time!

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty new to this and terrible at finding good guides. Has anyone found any really good guides that explained everything in a way that's easy to understand? Or even books I could check my university library for?

My only coding knowledge at the moment is with C++ and it's pretty basic, not to mention fairly different from what I can see in HTML.

yeah try http://www.ww3schools.com

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 4 weeks later...

I would agree with the other folks who mentioned http://www.w3schools.com!  When I was at university studying Computing, we were directed to w3schools by the lecturers quite often.  It's a great website, easy to use and it has browser-based examples that you can play around with to get a feel for what each thing does. :)

As far as Computing-based books are concerned, the Head First series are really quite fun and engaging, with examples you can download from their website - check those out if you can! :)