What's with Trudy's Surprise?

WhiteWolf

This has baffled me for three days, and it's getting on my nerves. I play Trudy's Surprise every day, and I have noticed something really strange. Three days ago, I got 18,500NP. Including today, the ensuing amounts have been 4,000NP and 2500NP. I have not skipped a day, so I don't know what happened.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yep, sure has. I know I didn't miss a day. There are a couple of Neoboards on Neopets talking about it. The consensus seems to be 6 November 2016. Why? Well, Daylight Saving Time ended at 2 am, 6 November 2016, in the United States. Why the time changed caused a problem on Neopets, is anyone's guess, but it seems either the 6th or 7th "reset" everyone's Trudy's Surprise consecutive day streak back to day 1. Maybe we will have an answer in this week's Neopian Times. Bottom line, you are definitely not alone on this one.

Yes, I thought I had missed a day too, but I knew I hadn't.  Glad I am in good company.  LOL

Mhm, that kinda made me sad. :c

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm really glad it isn't just me. What I didn't expect was that it happened to so many other people. What really, really steams me is that I was two days away from the 100k!

What really, really steams me is that I was two days away from the 100k!

That's pretty much what happened to everyone the last time too, lol. I can't even remember what caused that reset, site downtime maybe (that not caused by TNT server issue or something?)...but it coincided with a lot of people's 100k pay out for that month.

How annoyed people got shows how quickly we've grown accustomed to the extra income from Trudy, doesn't it. :yes:

Glad to know more people had this problem - we've been discussing it in this thread too.

Ooh, I should've realised it might've been related to that, but I always forget the time change in the US happens two weeks after it does in lot of other countries.

The time change back to standard time used to happen in October and then to Daylight Savings Time in April.  When George W. Bush became president, he thought it would conserve more energy to extend daylight savings time to 8 months rather than the 6 months it originally was.  Another one of his "brilliant" ideas :arrowhead: .  Now, when we put our clocks ahead, in MARCH, the kids go to school in the pitch dark in the morning.  Like I said, BRILLIANT!  It seems like we are SLOWLY spreading the time back out, which is nice.  Bush had us changing the clocks like mid-late November and back again early March.  Last year we changed them at the end of October and the middle of march.  Now it is pretty much beginning of Nov. and beginning to middle of March.  We need to just leave the clocks alone.  Keep it the way it is NOW, on standard time (real time) and leave it alone.  In 1974 and 75 we changed the clocks in Oct and back again in January ('74) and Feb ('75).  Possibly due to the energy crisis during that time?  IDK.  I was quite young then.

As far as Trudy's, I don't understand how 1 hr threw off the whole system, but apparently it did.  Glad I had gotten my 100k two days earlier.  I was only at like 2500 when it reset me.  I feel bad for others who were right there.  I would be VERY upset.

Does TNT plan to do something about the "basic gift boxes" that you get from Trudy's surprise? I have 19 boxes that are just sitting there.

Why would they? Users have asked for free gift boxes for years.

If you don't want them in your inventory, you can use Quick Stock to put them into your SDB.

Does TNT plan to do something about the "basic gift boxes" that you get from Trudy's surprise? I have 19 boxes that are just sitting there.

I certainly hope NOT!!  I have MANY of them too.  I use them to send NC items, such as clothing and fortune cookies back and forth between accounts.  Who cares if you have 500 of them sitting in your SDB?  At some point, you may be happy to have them.  I know I NEVER sent NC items to others or myself when I first started playing neopets, so it didn't matter to me.  Now that we are getting the free ones, I started sending items between my accounts.  I got baby items and I don't have a baby pet.  One of my friends was hacked and lost everything.  I sent baby items to them.  I am glad I had the free boxes to do that.  You just never know when they will come in handy.  I hope they don't change the gift boxes.

Why would they? Users have asked for free gift boxes for years.

If you don't want them in your inventory, you can use Quick Stock to put them into your SDB.

EXACTLY!!  It seems like some users are complaining about them and I don't understand why.  If they are in the SDB, it doesn't affect anything.  I have like 20 of them in my SDB and I don't think about them unless I need them.  I don't understand why they bother some people.  Maybe you could explain it to me because I don't get it.  As you said, you need to use "quick stock" and some people may not realize that and their inventory may be overloaded.  I had a few sitting in my inventory and I didn't realize it until I did quick stock for items and saw I could put them away that way.  Maybe a general posting from one of you guys to explain it would help?  Just a thought.  Because, the only reason I can think of for it bothering people is because they have 20 boxes sitting in their inventory.  Thanks for your hard work here.