Games Master Challenge: Heroes vs Villains!

hrtbrk

Two questions:

1) Do you have to complete all the qualifying games before the GMC is over?

2) Do you get a trophy or something at the end?

To answer your questions:

1) Not unless it's part of one of the challenges, check previous years coverage as I'm not sure if this has been something done in recent years.

2) Yes you get a trophy and prizes based on what tier you finish in. The more challenges you complete the higher the trophy you'll receive at the end of the event.

EDIT:

It appears I'm the last to post so I'll update this one.

Day 5 challenges were rather simple tonight. I'm glad they seem to be taking it easy on us this year. I don't have the time or patience to sit here for hours on end like I had to during the Daily Dare. For Invasion Blastoids it's very similar to Attack of the Slorgs/Slorgs in Space and is fairly easy once you get the hang of it. By level 5 you should have the score you need unless you unlock a bonus round sooner then I was able to and in that case you'll get your score earlier. :)

Two questions:

1) Do you have to complete all the qualifying games before the GMC is over?

2) Do you get a trophy or something at the end?

This is what AlwaysProcrastinating posted from last year's GMC: "I actually have 5 games that I didn't manage to complete, and only 10 gold ticks, out of the 24 possible ticks...I did pretty terribly, to be honest. Did everyone get the same prizes?Like AllTimeMarr, I got a level 5 Games Master trophy".

So, it appears it may be like mouseykins replied - as long as you complete some of the challenges (at least one), you should get a trophy and prize(s) to match. There were, I believe, 5 tiers, last year, along with trophies to match - Level 1 thru 5. The more challenges you complete, the better/higher the tier/trophy you will receive. Not sure what the "cutoffs" were for the tiers/levels, though.

i played all the Desert Games and it still shows the Grey Box

Edit : some of my previous plays didn't count .. i re-played Dice of Destiny and Bug Swarm and now i got the gold box

it's a little buggy 

I hope they go easy on us for Day 7. I have to be in bed ASAP to be up super early to take my daughter to school. It's also my day to be the parent helper in her classroom so I won't have time until the evening and even then sleep may be calling my name. Working with Kindergarten kids all day tuckers a person out!

So far I've got all gold check marks! A couple of today's games were seriously annoying, but thankfully didn't take too long. :)

Do you know if it has to be 50 in total for the qualifying games? Or 50 today?

So on the list of qualifying games, I can keep track of how many count towards the total of 50 based on whether they say Complete, right? Each of those can only be used once towards the 50? Is that correct?

I sent a score of 266 in Mootix Drop and had started the timer but it hasn't awarded me my prize. It was my third score sent of the day and I've tried sending 200+ scores but they aren't counting. Does anyone have any advice? I really want to get all the prizes, having worked hard all week! Thank you :-)

So on the list of qualifying games, I can keep track of how many count towards the total of 50 based on whether they say Complete, right? Each of those can only be used once towards the 50? Is that correct?

Yup! So long as you have fifty Completes, you're set!

EDIT

Anyone have advice on Jubble Bubbles? I can't get beyond 200. And for some reason even when I'm right underneath the jubjubs the bubbles don't catch them. Help! This is the last game I have left to get the old tix. =(

I sent a score of 266 in Mootix Drop and had started the timer but it hasn't awarded me my prize. It was my third score sent of the day and I've tried sending 200+ scores but they aren't counting. Does anyone have any advice? I really want to get all the prizes, having worked hard all week! Thank you :-)

close the game and re-open it then play and send your score. if you had the game window open before you started timer it won't count.

i finally managed to beat Jubble Bubble . I played on SMALL , and used best quality .. so the game got a bit better for me since i didnt have to move my mouse a lot ...

it was a fun week ... and that stamp prize is good ... can't wait for the Trophy and i hope the Heroes beat the Villains :)

Anyone have advice on Jubble Bubbles? I can't get beyond 200

aim your bubbles under the jubjub by about 2 spaces .. that'll catch him ...

Yup! So long as you have fifty Completes, you're set!

EDIT

Anyone have advice on Jubble Bubbles? I can't get beyond 200. And for some reason even when I'm right underneath the jubjubs the bubbles don't catch them. Help! This is the last game I have left to get the old tix. =(

Look up videos on youtube. If you watch where they aim their cursor it helps! Just look up Jubble Bubble High score in google and search through vidoes. Bartdrunkey on Youtube has a ton of Neopet videos.

Oh no I had my game open before I started the timer, and I sent three scores that way. Does that mean I cannot receive the prize. I'm sure in previous challenges valid scores sent on 4/5 etc time didn't earn you neopoints but did count towards achieving the challenge?

yes u can send a challenge score after the 3 original scores and it'll count 

yes u can send a challenge score after the 3 original scores and it'll count 

I think they have changed the rules, I have tried multiple times, on different browsers etc to send a score and I am being met with a notice saying "You have already reached the maximum number of times you can post your score for today! Play again tomorrow"

So I guess I won't be able to complete the challenge, which is really annoying

Woohoo! All done. I found the Day 7 challenges to be a bit more difficult than the rest, but still all gold ticks eventually.

I also found this! I guess I thought that the challenges earlier this week had been too easy. Like a score of 1000 for Neopian Battlefield Legends is insanely low. I enjoyed today's challenges because most of them took a few tries for me.  

So I may have gone a little crazy during nap times today &  completed all of the game options :p I started playing some extra games last night cause I was worried there'd be a lot required today so by the time I completed all of the other challenges for today I had the 50 complete. I figured since I'd gotten that far I'd go ahead & play each game enough for some kind of score. It was interesting seeing the variety of games Neo has. It reminded me how far I have to go toward a lot of game avatars. I agree a lot of the challenges have seemed easier than expected & today was harder, but i enjoyed it, I'm glad I joined this year, go heroes! ;)

-Edit- Guess I just had to send in a score today for the challenge to complete or something so my question has been solved! :)

So, I'm a little confused. I'm seeing some of you saying for the qualifying games challenge it's 50 scores sent total and not just 50 sent today. But I have all of the qualifying games completed yet my challenge isn't completed. So do I need to resend 50 today? :(

I did it! Even with work difficulties, I managed to complete all the scores needed on the day of release (even though I don't think that matters for this challenge set). I had a lot of frustration with Igloo Garage Sale game because I just had so much lag with that one. I actually really like the game. I had 699 on my first try before lag had me crushed by a piano. It then took several more tries before I was able to get the score. I also really didn't like some of the other games previous days. But, all set! I'm excited to see what the trophies and the end prizes are. The stamp and the Kookith were already quite nice!