Welcome to The Daily Neopets Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Welcome to December and Advent Calendar Begins!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

rntracy1

rntracy1

Bronze Member

• Super Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Crafts (jewelry making, wreath making)
    Riding quads
    Building cars with my husband
    Magick, charms, and talismans
    Collecting old barbie dolls
    Reading, being a perpetual student and Nursing
  • None

I find that in general, the Advent calendar has something for everyone- remember that even though you guys might not like the prizes every day (or even most of the days), throughout neopia there's lots of users who collect whatever is given out. For example today's prizes would be great for people who collect eyewear or sunglasses, bruce-related items, guns or snow-related items. Don't worry, there'll be plenty of prizes that you both like I'm sure. 

I personally don't like getting books in the advent calendar. I don't read them to my pets or sell them, they just sit in my sdb because I won't use up single-use prizes. I prefer plushes/toys and wearables. 

Yes, you are absolutely right!  And I did think about it in that context.  My only issue was that the items are "gift" items and therefore non-usable for anyone other than the people who collect them.  So, like during the GMC one of the prizes was a toy pirate boat.  I am sure most people found it useless.  I happen to collect pirate items, so I found it absolutely GREAT!  But all of my pets got to play with it before it went into my gallery.  (If they happened to break it, it would have been MORE valuable.  lol)  But my point is, even to people who don't collect pirate items, it was still usable to them for their pets to play with.  That was my ONLY complaint. 

Tracy  :icecream:
 The big print giveth; and the small print taketh away

149341.png149341_krawk.gif[/url]

logo.pngGo Kreludorsilver_yellowgem.pngRank Level 13

Musical_Shoyru

Musical_Shoyru

Faerie Fanatic

• Super Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Piano, Singing, Guitar, Drawing, Cooking, Poetry, Writing, Reading, Sword Art Online, My Little Pony, Faeries, Art
  • Neopets Username: rockangel_star
  • None

Yes, you are absolutely right!  And I did think about it in that context.  My only issue was that the items are "gift" items and therefore non-usable for anyone other than the people who collect them.  So, like during the GMC one of the prizes was a toy pirate boat.  I am sure most people found it useless.  I happen to collect pirate items, so I found it absolutely GREAT!  But all of my pets got to play with it before it went into my gallery.  (If they happened to break it, it would have been MORE valuable.  lol)  But my point is, even to people who don't collect pirate items, it was still usable to them for their pets to play with.  That was my ONLY complaint.

The fact that YOU WON'T read or sell the books is a personal issue.  The thing is, you CAN.  With these gifts, there is NOTHING you can do with them.  The old lenny dentures, what are you going to do with them?  They are on the SW for 75nps.  I am surprised they are THAT MUCH!  But big deal anyway.  And even you admit, you would rather toys/plushies and wearables.  That is exactly my point.  Things you can use.  I made a point about the books because those were the best items they gave.  They were things that were usable.  I don't expect things that I like EVERY DAY.  But I don't expect things I DON'T LIKE every day either.  Today is actually the FIRST day I liked the prize and we are 6 days into it.  But oh well. 

Hey, you got your faerie item today!!  Just as was complaining about being disappointed about the items, we get a cool background, and you get your faerie item.  Score for both of us!

I know I was so happy when I saw Taelia I was like "FAERIE STUFF! FAERIE STUFF!" I love that background too!

"I'd rather trust and regret, than to doubt and regret."        

kougrafaerie.pngshoyrufaerie.png

bd_ddy18_faerieheal.gif  gold_redgem.pngmall_hh_lighted_faerie_staff.gif

Honorary Faerie

151751_fqd.gif

rntracy1

rntracy1

Bronze Member

• Super Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Crafts (jewelry making, wreath making)
    Riding quads
    Building cars with my husband
    Magick, charms, and talismans
    Collecting old barbie dolls
    Reading, being a perpetual student and Nursing
  • None

I know I was so happy when I saw Taelia I was like "FAERIE STUFF! FAERIE STUFF!" I love that background too!

As soon as I saw it I thought of you!  I was like, "There's her faerie stuff, whoo hoo!"  They must have heard us!  lol.  I love the background too.  I think I will go RE-customize one of my pets.  lol.  I just got them all decked the-halls out, but I have to use this cool new background now.  Hee hee hee. :santa:

Tracy  :icecream:
 The big print giveth; and the small print taketh away

149341.png149341_krawk.gif[/url]

logo.pngGo Kreludorsilver_yellowgem.pngRank Level 13

Angeló

Angeló

El Ángel Perdido

• FANTASTIC Members
  • 5,196 posts
  • Interests:Medicine , Music , Cinema , Literature , Science , History , Illusen
  • Neopets Username: darkobsession
  • None

bto_nowheels_car.gif

Toy Car without Wheels

they gave this two days in a row .. yesterday and today .. im sure theres a glitch though

pulpfreeoj

pulpfreeoj

The Daily Neopets Zealot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Reading/Books, Biology, Comics, Cartoons, Pokemon, Crafts. On Neopets: Plushies, Customization, the Haunted Woods and other spooky things.
  • Neopets Username: pulpfreeoj
  • None

they gave this two days in a row .. yesterday and today .. im sure theres a glitch though

MTE. Must have been some wires crossed. 

I always promise myself that once I reach my (current) bank goals I'll go back and buy all the advent calendar stuff that I have nostalgia for from when I played as a child or just the stuff that I don't have from previous years that I like. (Given that my current account is only four years old there's a lot I don't have...) 

The Early Bird catches the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese.

bunygdx

bunygdx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Dinossaurs, Dragons and the magic world of internet
  • Neopets Username: bunnygdx

Hey guys I started playing neopets again after a few years and I don't know if they still have that thing on the Advent Calendar that you click somewhere on the daily video and get an extra prize. If they still have that, where do I get this info of where to click? Like, there is a forum or something for that?

Nielo

Nielo

Neat Person

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Hey guys I started playing neopets again after a few years and I don't know if they still have that thing on the Advent Calendar that you click somewhere on the daily video and get an extra prize. If they still have that, where do I get this info of where to click? Like, there is a forum or something for that?

There is: look for the Fir (the petpet in the shape of a christmas tree). I'm not sure if there's a forum or something where its exact location is given every day, but he's usually not that hard to find.

Mouseykins

Mouseykins

Procrastinating Super Mom!

• Customization Team
  • 4,541 posts
  • Interests:Naps and more naps. Drawing, Graphic and web design. Hiding indoors avoiding the real world. Tamora Pierce novels!
  • Neopets Username: scooby_shaggy2004
  • IRC Alias: Mouseykins, Dawn
  • IRC Moderator

There is: look for the Fir (the petpet in the shape of a christmas tree). I'm not sure if there's a forum or something where its exact location is given every day, but he's usually not that hard to find.

We have all the information including prizes, archived advent videos and where the little fir is hiding listed on our Advent Calendar Guide!

You an also get to the guide by going to Articles tab on our main site navigation and go down to where it says Advent Calendar 2016. :D

faerieland_b_zpsxaeibjav.png

DawnsJournalSignature.pngWinter%20Signature%20Small.pngWishlistButton.png

Musical_Shoyru

Musical_Shoyru

Faerie Fanatic

• Super Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Piano, Singing, Guitar, Drawing, Cooking, Poetry, Writing, Reading, Sword Art Online, My Little Pony, Faeries, Art
  • Neopets Username: rockangel_star
  • None

Dang man! I got so excited about today's advent because there were so many faeries in the animation! Not ONE faerie items was given today! Bummer :/ 

"I'd rather trust and regret, than to doubt and regret."        

kougrafaerie.pngshoyrufaerie.png

bd_ddy18_faerieheal.gif  gold_redgem.pngmall_hh_lighted_faerie_staff.gif

Honorary Faerie

151751_fqd.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users