Help on upgrading my set

bobxxx

Hello, I'm currently trying to upgrade my set however I'm finding it a bit difficult to decide how to go about it. I'm trying to fine tune my set for 2p battle.

My current set is:

-I-staff

-RoDN

-JSS

-SoFL

-Ftab

-UDS

-SuAP

-WoDF

I want to switch out my WoDF for Skarl's Sword since it provides a more wide range of icons and it also blocks an extra 25% of light while still maintaining similar number of icon damage as WoDF. But Skarl's Sword gets trumped easily by I-staff/WoDF and most players in my league usually have one or the other. So I'm not sure if I should replace it or not. But at the same time WoDF is very easily blocked. So I'm not sure what to do.

Also I want to replace SuAP with something else ever since the duping its too expected but obviously SuAP being the highest icon damage weapon with 2 unique icon types and is still hard to match. I was thinking FSS but that's unreliable.

Lastly I wanted to replace SoFL with Tornado Ring but the extra 5 icon defense of fire and physical SoFL provides is exceptional and helps a lot against most items combos but Tornado Ring has stealing which is kinda good when you against opponents who have an item that could be the deciding factor (even though the stealing is very low percentage). So again not sure what to do.

I don't keep a freezer since I have Warlock's Rage and Lens Flare to freeze. I don't carry a T-Tear either since I don't really like the fact that it's once per battle and the fights can drag out long.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Hi, I don't have much specific advice. This is probably obvious, but consider how you use the items and what is more important, like if you were fighting, how often you would want to use a certain ability. Maybe you can get a better idea of what item is best if you picture the opponents and what you are likely to be up against.

As for the Tornado Ring, if you are likely to be in a position where you'd want to steal a weapon, it could be worth it. However the defense of the SoFL seems better to me, especially if the stealing percentage on the Tornado Ring is low. I'm not a serious battler, but when I battle, I don't use any stealing items, I prefer items that simply cause or repel a decent amount of damage, most preferably those that do both.

I think it just comes down to your own awareness of how you battle and what is most likely to work for you.

Sorry I don't have better advice.

Hello, I'm currently trying to upgrade my set however I'm finding it a bit difficult to decide how to go about it. I'm trying to fine tune my set for 2p battle.

My current set is:

-I-staff

-RoDN

-JSS

-SoFL

-Ftab

-UDS

-SuAP

-WoDF

I want to switch out my WoDF for Skarl's Sword since it provides a more wide range of icons and it also blocks an extra 25% of light while still maintaining similar number of icon damage as WoDF. But Skarl's Sword gets trumped easily by I-staff/WoDF and most players in my league usually have one or the other. So I'm not sure if I should replace it or not. But at the same time WoDF is very easily blocked. So I'm not sure what to do.

Also I want to replace SuAP with something else ever since the duping its too expected but obviously SuAP being the highest icon damage weapon with 2 unique icon types and is still hard to match. I was thinking FSS but that's unreliable.

Lastly I wanted to replace SoFL with Tornado Ring but the extra 5 icon defense of fire and physical SoFL provides is exceptional and helps a lot against most items combos but Tornado Ring has stealing which is kinda good when you against opponents who have an item that could be the deciding factor (even though the stealing is very low percentage). So again not sure what to do.

I don't keep a freezer since I have Warlock's Rage and Lens Flare to freeze. I don't carry a T-Tear either since I don't really like the fact that it's once per battle and the fights can drag out long.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Ok, I'm not 100% familiar with all those acronyms, with over 2500 pieces of equipment for the BD, there are too many Acronyms to remember. ;) Could you spell out SoFL and UDS for me? Couldn't translate those 2. lol Also, in the future, since there are plenty of people who don't know the acronyms, would you mind spelling them out (at least the first mention of them in the initial post) in the future? It's not a rule or anything like that, just a request. ;)

It looks like you've got a pretty good Elite-level set. How are your pet's stats? Are they maxed? More info on your pet might be useful. Unfortunately, 2p isn't my forte, but hey, I'll give it a shot. ;)

Regarding your first part, about Skarls Sword vs Wand of the Dark Faerie. How well do the people in your league know your set? Depending on your budget, you might go a little weaker with something completely different, like an Anagram Sword. Less icons average of icons, but it would be a HUGE surprise if they have an idea what to expect. You could still get a Skarls Sword if you wanted. I'm a huge fan of it, though I've never actually seen/owned one. It's one of those "dream" weapons I'll probably just have to admire. But it's stats are pretty strong. Anyway, it really depends on your budget. If you had some other high-level weapons in reserve, you could switch them in and out and REALLY keep your 2p opponent(s) confused as to what to plan for.

It's a little sneaky, but any fair edge in battle right? ;) Looking at your set, it seems mostly  offensive-based. Have you considered reflectors? If you've an idea what kinds of weapons you'll be up against, Dual-duty Reflectors and shields might be a good combination. Clawed Shield would be great against someone with a Fire-weapon such as the Sword of Reif.

Anyway, onto your next question. I don't really know how the duping of the Super Attack Pea hasn't been taken care of, but I also don't know how it was done so... lol But yeah, if people are going to be using themRing Of Weightlessness would reduce the SuAP's power down, but probably not enough, unless you combined it with a good Earth Blocker, or Earth Reflector. Another option would be Greater Staff Of The Earth Faerie, Small attack, blocks some air and All Earth. Another possibility, is combing an anti-earth piece of equipment, with the item in your 3rd question, the Tornado Ring, as it blocks all Air, has a tiny attack, heals 4hp and of course, the chance to steal multiple times. Although since stealing is probably still not working, I'd hold off on the Tornado Ring for now. ;)

Regarding your last question with the Tornado Ring, since I'm not familiar with the acronym of the item you're thinking about replacing, I can't really help you there, specifically.  I can suggest that you look at some of the cheaper equipment though. The 50% reflectors, or if you want the unbreakable ones, the third tier/unbreakable reflectors. It's not always about who has the most expensive items though, it can be HOW you use items, even if they aren't rated the best. With the budget battling I've done most of my battle-career, that's an absolute truth of my battle-style. Stats are very important, and sometimes they can help make up for a weapon's lack of impressive stats, enough to beat a stronger opponent. Since you're in a league, the opponents may be of similar stats, but unless you've got a price range you HAVE to abide by for your sets, I see no harm in surprising them with some items you've probably left behind a long time ago.

I hope this helps, or at least provides some food for thought. :) If you've got some more questions, feel free to ask.

Hi, I don't have much specific advice. This is probably obvious, but consider how you use the items and what is more important, like if you were fighting, how often you would want to use a certain ability. Maybe you can get a better idea of what item is best if you picture the opponents and what you are likely to be up against.

As for the Tornado Ring, if you are likely to be in a position where you'd want to steal a weapon, it could be worth it. However the defense of the SoFL seems better to me, especially if the stealing percentage on the Tornado Ring is low. I'm not a serious battler, but when I battle, I don't use any stealing items, I prefer items that simply cause or repel a decent amount of damage, most preferably those that do both.

I think it just comes down to your own awareness of how you battle and what is most likely to work for you.

Sorry I don't have better advice.

Ya I understand what you are saying, it really depends on who I am facing and fine tuning my set to beat that person. But that is just common sense and I already do that. But keep in mind since its 2p my opponent will be doing the same. So this isn't very helpful in terms of improving my initial set. Aside from swapping out weapons based on situation...I'm trying to improve my base set.

Ok, I'm not 100% familiar with all those acronyms, with over 2500 pieces of equipment for the BD, there are too many Acronyms to remember. ;) Could you spell out SoFL and UDS for me? Couldn't translate those 2. lol Also, in the future, since there are plenty of people who don't know the acronyms, would you mind spelling them out (at least the first mention of them in the initial post) in the future? It's not a rule or anything like that, just a request. ;)

It looks like you've got a pretty good Elite-level set. How are your pet's stats? Are they maxed? More info on your pet might be useful. Unfortunately, 2p isn't my forte, but hey, I'll give it a shot. ;)

Regarding your first part, about Skarls Sword vs Wand of the Dark Faerie. How well do the people in your league know your set? Depending on your budget, you might go a little weaker with something completely different, like an Anagram Sword. Less icons average of icons, but it would be a HUGE surprise if they have an idea what to expect. You could still get a Skarls Sword if you wanted. I'm a huge fan of it, though I've never actually seen/owned one. It's one of those "dream" weapons I'll probably just have to admire. But it's stats are pretty strong. Anyway, it really depends on your budget. If you had some other high-level weapons in reserve, you could switch them in and out and REALLY keep your 2p opponent(s) confused as to what to plan for.

It's a little sneaky, but any fair edge in battle right? ;) Looking at your set, it seems mostly  offensive-based. Have you considered reflectors? If you've an idea what kinds of weapons you'll be up against, Dual-duty Reflectors and shields might be a good combination. Clawed Shield would be great against someone with a Fire-weapon such as the Sword of Reif.

Anyway, onto your next question. I don't really know how the duping of the Super Attack Pea hasn't been taken care of, but I also don't know how it was done so... lol But yeah, if people are going to be using themRing Of Weightlessness would reduce the SuAP's power down, but probably not enough, unless you combined it with a good Earth Blocker, or Earth Reflector. Another option would be Greater Staff Of The Earth Faerie, Small attack, blocks some air and All Earth. Another possibility, is combing an anti-earth piece of equipment, with the item in your 3rd question, the Tornado Ring, as it blocks all Air, has a tiny attack, heals 4hp and of course, the chance to steal multiple times. Although since stealing is probably still not working, I'd hold off on the Tornado Ring for now. ;)

Regarding your last question with the Tornado Ring, since I'm not familiar with the acronym of the item you're thinking about replacing, I can't really help you there, specifically.  I can suggest that you look at some of the cheaper equipment though. The 50% reflectors, or if you want the unbreakable ones, the third tier/unbreakable reflectors. It's not always about who has the most expensive items though, it can be HOW you use items, even if they aren't rated the best. With the budget battling I've done most of my battle-career, that's an absolute truth of my battle-style. Stats are very important, and sometimes they can help make up for a weapon's lack of impressive stats, enough to beat a stronger opponent. Since you're in a league, the opponents may be of similar stats, but unless you've got a price range you HAVE to abide by for your sets, I see no harm in surprising them with some items you've probably left behind a long time ago.

I hope this helps, or at least provides some food for thought. :) If you've got some more questions, feel free to ask.

SoFL = Shield of Faerieland and UDS =  Ultra Dual Shovel.

My pets stats are good. They have maxed str/def boosts and above 1k hp. I continue to train hp always.

Well it doesn't matter whether my opponent knows my set or not it will eventually become known by the opponent and yes I could swap WoDF out after the match but what do I swap it with? I was thinking the same with an item with less icon like an anagram sword but if they the offense of those is less and the opponent will come out slightly ahead if I attack with my 2 damage items head to head with their damage items. Most of the time in 2p you win with just gaining a small edge. Not to mention I would lose the light blocking/reflecting if I replaced WoDF with an anagram sword instead of a Skarls Sword.

I have reflectors in my set. WoDF and UDS are reflectors. Anymore would hurt my offense.

I don't need clawed shield when I have a RoDN which is much better with a heal advantage and extra icon defense and damage.

And again I have a earth reflector so I don't need a earth defense. Again SoFL is Shield of Faerieland and it seems very good with its extra fire and physical defense. So replacing it with T-ring would reduce my defense. But I think you right I should hold off on the T-ring since the steal rate is low.

So I'm still stumped as to what to do. I think I will have to replace WoDF with S-Sword and MAYBE replace SuAP with FSS.

Thanks, sorry for the delayed reply, IRL has been a pain. -_-

Thanks for the acronym translation. If I had those items, I'd probably have recognized them. lol

Ok, so maxed boosts and high HP. Good to know. :)

Alright, and it's ok if your set becomes known to your opponents through battle.

Hmm... Yeah, I can see your bind. If you went with a pure defense item like Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield, combined with an anagram sword would work as a surprise, but you'd be sacrificing the reflective abilities of the WoDF. And yeah, the Anagram sword wouldn't hold much of a candle to your SuAP. I can see how you'd have trouble deciding.

Moehog Skull would give you some offense, defense AND an extra freeze. It might not be expected either. But again you'd be sacrificing reflection, some defense and some offense. Hmmmmm.... Though again, if you replaced SuAP with the Moehog Skull, you'd most likely get a 3rd chance at a free-attack turn to combine WoDF with another constant/multi-use weapon. I do think Skarls Sword, or.. perhaps Grapes of Wrath  would be beneficial in this case. Grapes of Wrath is a constant 24 icons, and Skarls Sword is 21-25 icons, though Skarls Sword does have that lovely 100% light defense.

Those alternative thoughts aside, and getting down to the last bit of your reply, Skarls Sword, and Faerie Slingshot do sound like a good combo. Best of course, if you get a Strong Hit from the FSS! I'd forgotten how powerful the strong hit was. lol Until I looked it up for the link. Talk about a real surprise to an unsuspecting opponent! ;) Probably the best viable change up you COULD do. Unless of course, you were to figure out if THIS badboy still exists!Darigan Sword Of Death! I have NO idea who owns it, if the owner still plays, or anything, I just came upon it's entry earlier and was WOW'd to see it's stats!

It would be an AWESOME weapon to have. 10 icons more than FSS' Strong Hit, constantly! But pipe dreams crashing back to earth, I think FSS would be a good weapon to rotate in/out, or just to have in your set. 33% chance of a Strong Hit isn't too bad! And if you're expecting Light attacks, Skarls Sword would be a good pairing with a very decent offense and defense to add insult to injury on your opponents.

I hope this helps. I don't 2p battle often,and I don't have the kind of NP to actively use and investigate the higher tiered weaponry as found in your set. I understand from what few 2p battles I have had, that it can be a game of wits, and not always a game of power. And I don't know what kind of HP your opponents have. But it wouldn't surprise me if they have comparable HP and sets to your's.Which as it is your set is pretty darn impressive!

So, I wish you good luck and Happy Battling! :)

As always, if you have other questions feel free to ask 'em.