What's wrong with this neomail?

Teganrose1

To: Gloomypixie

Happy Holidays.

One day, got a faerie quest, a quest from the Grey Faerie. All she wants is a little Mallard. So, I go to Neopia Central and buy one for only ~200 np. I rush back to her, and poor little thing, she has no magic of her own. So,she gets help from another faerie to repay her debt. What faerie does she get to help you ask? The Fountain Faerie. Thanks to the Grey Faerie, I was able to paint my Xweetok Chocolate, a color that can only be obtained by zapping or other special circumstances like the rainbow fountain. Needless to say, I like grey faeries.

What part of this cause this error message?

ERROR : Do not send messages containing profanity, sexual terms, or other inappropriate content (including religion, politics, cheats, hacks, and password scams) on Neopets!

The word "circumstances" is most likely the culprit. If you remove "cir" and "stances", you are left with a slang word, that..., well..., you know, would give the message received on Neopets.

You've got to be kidding me. What if someone was buying anything cucumber related, what then?

Thank you : P

Yeah, the censors are absolutely crazy. I wasn't allowed to send a thank you mail to someone who had sent me a snowball because, you know, take away the snow part >.>

you can usually work around that by abbreviating the word or removing certain letters ... 

i cant even make a book wishlist petpage because some book names contain certain disallowed words like "weed" ha ha ha (auto censorship)

Yes, even though the word "circumstances" came from THEIR OWN vocabulary, just like cucumber or snowball or grape, they won't allow it in an email.  Ridiculous!  LOL

Seriously, their filters are bananas. I couldn't name a petpet after cumulus clouds because...well, you get it.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.).

The original topic is now answered and will be closed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact .Brianna. if you have any questions regarding this action.