Welcome to The Daily Neopets Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Advent Calendar 2016 Weapons

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Lamppost

Lamppost

First Lady of the Battlepedia

• BP Team
  • 1,759 posts
  • Interests:Neopets! Avatars, Stamps, and the Battledome
  • IRC Alias: Lamppost
  • IRC Moderator
The 2016 Advent Calendar is ringing in the holidays, and battlers are getting some unique gifts this year! Already we've seen two new weapons and more are likely to come. Who knows, perhaps there will even be a Super Attack Pea under Neopian trees this year?

wea_amira_staff.gifwea_candy_dragon_star.gif

Weapons from Advent Calendar 2016:Please contact us if you have any additional information about these weapons!

C7Y8FyI.gif

55086_wishing.gif

Rometus

Rometus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I don't know much about the battledome, but that looks like a LOT of icons on that throwing star to me!  I could imagine it's hard to tell without knowing any other effects, but does that imply it's a good weapon?  I'm not sure if some damage types are much better than others haha ;w;

midnight_spell360

midnight_spell360

The Daily Neopets Zealot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:reading, watching cooking shows, hanging with friends, the usual...
  • Neopets Username: midnight_spell360
  • None

I just tried the Candy Cane Dragon Star in a fight against the Nefarious Plotter (level 80) and it said that it did 6 Earth icons x and 6 ...I want to say dark but I got freaked out when it "disappeared" but when I went back to Stats-it was back. *phew* It just can only be used once per battle like the faerie healing dust.

157317_krawk.gif           runwaybronze_tdn.png

charelan

charelan

The Daily Neopets Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Neopets Username: charelan
  • None

I was really impressed with the dragon star, too - even better than the homing mine! Did anyone try Amiras staff?

rntracy1

rntracy1

Bronze Member

• Super Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Crafts (jewelry making, wreath making)
    Riding quads
    Building cars with my husband
    Magick, charms, and talismans
    Collecting old barbie dolls
    Reading, being a perpetual student and Nursing
  • None

These are some very nice weapons.  TNT has been giving some nice ones lately.  The yooyu knuckle duster, from the AC, is another example of a GREAT weapon.

Tracy  :icecream:
 The big print giveth; and the small print taketh away

149341.png149341_krawk.gif[/url]

logo.pngGo Kreludorsilver_yellowgem.pngRank Level 13

Aquamentis12

Aquamentis12

Super Posting Machine

• BP Team
  • 1,959 posts
  • Neopets Username: Aquamentis12
  • IRC Alias: Aquamentis12
  • IRC Moderator

Wow, just checked the entry for the Candy Cane Dragon Star. Looks like a nice once per battle weapon! I mean, it's 12 icons, so it's slightly below the Honey Potion as far as possible damage goes. (Honey Potion is 13.1 to 16 icons). But HP I think is still unbuyable, while the Candy Cane Dragon Star is one the Shop Wiz for as low as 1,500np! So seems like a pretty decent value imho. :)

Looking at Amiras Staff's entry. While it MAY be weak with only 6 icons offense, it looks to have 3 icons Air defense. At a price UNDER 100np, for a beginner or budget battler who needs a little air defense, this might help fit the bill!

Battling is like a Tripod

Image19_zpsfc87ca6b.gif

The pet is like a sword, training sharpens it. The player battles and gains experience which he uses to guide the sword. The equipment, would be the shield for the sword. For a Sword cannot attack while it defends.

Musical_Shoyru

Musical_Shoyru

Faerie Fanatic

• Super Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Piano, Singing, Guitar, Drawing, Cooking, Poetry, Writing, Reading, Sword Art Online, My Little Pony, Faeries, Art
  • Neopets Username: rockangel_star
  • None

SUPER ATTACK PEA!?!? Oh man that'd be awesome, but also bad! The value of that would go WAY down.

"I'd rather trust and regret, than to doubt and regret."        

kougrafaerie.pngshoyrufaerie.png

bd_ddy18_faerieheal.gif  gold_redgem.pngmall_hh_lighted_faerie_staff.gif

Honorary Faerie

151751_fqd.gif

Lamppost

Lamppost

First Lady of the Battlepedia

• BP Team
  • 1,759 posts
  • Interests:Neopets! Avatars, Stamps, and the Battledome
  • IRC Alias: Lamppost
  • IRC Moderator

Yeah, I think Candy Cane Dragon Star is going to be a decent beginner/mid-level bomb. As Aquamentis pointed out, it's only slightly less power than Honey Potion, but it's considerably cheaper.

However, battlers considering this item may want to weigh its cost-effectiveness versus 15-icon muffins. Many muffins, while single use, attack with 15 icons and you can practically select which icon types. If you know your opponent's ability to defend against a certain icon type, a muffin might be a better option for you.

C7Y8FyI.gif

55086_wishing.gif

midnight_spell360

midnight_spell360

The Daily Neopets Zealot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:reading, watching cooking shows, hanging with friends, the usual...
  • Neopets Username: midnight_spell360
  • None

My Grundo, Paprika_Love (on loan from my sis, mintmilanos) was fighting the Jetsam Ace using the Amira StaffYou aim to royally whack Jetsam Ace on the bum with Amira's Staff! *icon of a grey fist*x3 and *leaf* (earth?)x3

I was laughing so hard from picturing my Orange Grundo whacking the Jetsam Ace on his bum with the crook of that staff! LOL  :laughingsmiley:

157317_krawk.gif           runwaybronze_tdn.png

Aquamentis12

Aquamentis12

Super Posting Machine

• BP Team
  • 1,959 posts
  • Neopets Username: Aquamentis12
  • IRC Alias: Aquamentis12
  • IRC Moderator

My Grundo, Paprika_Love (on loan from my sis, mintmilanos) was fighting the Jetsam Ace using the Amira StaffYou aim to royally whack Jetsam Ace on the bum with Amira's Staff! *icon of a grey fist*x3 and *leaf* (earth?)x3

I was laughing so hard from picturing my Orange Grundo whacking the Jetsam Ace on his bum with the crook of that staff! LOL  :laughingsmiley:

LOL I know, right?! :D  Also, the Gray Fist damage icon is for Physical damage, and the Green Leaf is for Earth, you got it right. :) But yeah, funny that they use "bum" in the using text. Just, lol  It's multiple-use chuckle inducer! ;) :D

Battling is like a Tripod

Image19_zpsfc87ca6b.gif

The pet is like a sword, training sharpens it. The player battles and gains experience which he uses to guide the sword. The equipment, would be the shield for the sword. For a Sword cannot attack while it defends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users