ATTENTION - ALL USERS WHO HAVE 1 MIL+ AND/OR ARE FREQUENT BATTLEDOMERS

TheUnknown

I heard this on another forum.

I think its kinda funny.

More like those people are playing an april fools prank them self.

Or they are hacked

Actually, one of the accounts that was targeted was a TNT staffer's account :(

A couple of the better known accounts have self-iced themselves to protect their accounts (I know a few from Charter who have done so). They'll unfreeze themselves once its all over.

Guest Sloth Von Karma

Last night, a hacker (we don't know exactly who) hacked into some of the most famous Neopian players' accounts, and literally cleaned them out, while self-freezing them ALL.

Reports say that featheralley, hrobi, garet_jaxx, geekersg and many more ALL got hacked (not scammed, really hacked) and were all frozen. Billions of items have been lost, including priceless items like the Darigan Sword of Death, which, in case featheralley doesn't get her account back, is lost forever.

Estimated loss is rounding 500+ BILLION NP and priceless one-use items. The source of this was the Battledome chat, which erupted into a fury of shock, anger and rage after the most popular people on Neopets lost their accounts.

We don't know if TNT are indeed on top of the situation, but now its really between them and the people who lost their accounts.

I ADVISE EVERYONE WHO HAS 1M+ IN ITEMS OR PURE TO AVOID THE BATTLEDOME CHAT AND CHATTING THERE UNTIL THE REAL CULPRIT IS FROZEN (reports say they were already, but stay on the safe side and don't go there unless you really have to).

This hacker targeted most battledomers, mostly rich people, so if you have a considerable amount of richness, stay away from the Battledome chat.

Thanks. I will keep everyone posted on this situation.

I've been looking around the boards (BD mostly) and I've heard a lot about it.

The hacker went by the name Xero and somebody managed to screeny him on the accounts he hacked (see here)

Munsterpoo also got hit by the hacker, but his account appears to be back. Not all the famous neopians frozen were hacked though, many self-froze to protect their accounts from the hacker.

I hope everything gets sorted soon. The hackers skills are impressive, but it's pretty unfair to the people who have spent hours building up their accounts to become neopia's elite. I hope they get their accounts back, but it seems it's up to TNT now...

For the same reason as there are scammers and cheaters - people who are too dumb to do anything else. :sad01_anim:

Well with TNT's trigger-happy freezing skills of doom, I'm sure they'll nab the culprit reasonably quickly. Pretty sure at least...

I've put so much work into my little poor account and my weak little pets... I can't imagine the kind of time/work required from some of those players to get top battledome fighting pets, not to mention the np required for the weapons they use. Whomever this guy(or girl) is thats hacking these people is such complete total scum.

Guest Sloth Von Karma
I've put so much work into my little poor account and my weak little pets... I can't imagine the kind of time/work required from some of those players to get top battledome fighting pets, not to mention the np required for the weapons they use. Whomever this guy(or girl) is thats hacking these people is such complete total scum.

Scum indeed, but you have to admire their impressive hacking skills.

Scum indeed, but you have to admire their impressive hacking skills.

Yes, I will never be able to hack anything, even if I was told the password! So, impressive hacking skills, true. Scum of the (neopets) world, also true.

Guest Sloth Von Karma
they must have had used a whole bunch of money to buy the machines and everything to hack.

Heh, if their passwords were weak, even a simple program written in C with randomize functions could discover the password to their account. It was program-done, that's for sure, otherwise he would be able to hack Neopets entirely and shut it down.

i think this guy got frozen on neopets and decided to take revenge by hacking those accounts

If thats true this guy is even extra extra scum.. it wasn't the fault of the people who were hacked that he was frozen, it was TNT's fault and/or his own fault if he did something freeze-worthy.

For the same reason as there are scammers and cheaters - people who are too dumb to do anything else. :sad01_anim:

I completely agree, they should have put the same amount of effort into just building their own account, or into anything of good value, instead of all their time,effort, and money into learning how to hack innocent people and building/buying the programs necessary. They are really scummy people.

this kinda makes me remember one of my friends who got really mad for getting frozen for no reason and made about 10 accounts with usernames like: tnt_haters, i_hate_tnt. but then those accounts got frozen and he quit playing forever

this kinda makes me remember one of my friends who got really mad for getting frozen for no reason and made about 10 accounts with usernames like: tnt_haters, i_hate_tnt. but then those accounts got frozen and he quit playing forever

Though I doubt it did much good (especially as tnt is stiil a 'freeze-first and *don't* ask questions later' type of company), at least that form of protest didn't target anyone other than tnt. The hackers should have worked at a way on giving themselves a bunch of np if they insisted on doing something drastic. Or hack staffer accounts only (cause you know those accounts will be fixed, even if tnt does nothing about the other accounts.) Or hack Adams account and set his on hand np to 0 so everyone can go get the avvie!

Just wanted to say that I merged 2 threads because they were having the same topic, so it might contain some double-post because of it...

Terribly sorry for those who lost their account :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Xepha) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Yeah there are quite a few things on the forums that have multiple topics on them...

In any case, even if he was frozen unfairly before, TNT definitely has a reason to freeze him now. :yes:

Wow, how'd I only notice this board today? o_O

I'm pretty sure I'm safe, as I'm not on the boards most of the time, but I'll be careful, as should everyone.

I find it highly entertaining that people on the boards in the screenies on that link are asking him to hack this account or that one....

Anyways, random comments aside, I'd really like to get ahold of this guy and wring his neck or something similar.... When I think of the amount of time and energy I've out into my accounts, which are only about average, compared to the people with even more than me.... it boils my blood, that someone would even think to do something like this, and then flaunt it, even!

Hopefully all the accounts will get most of their stuff back... Understandably, it won't be everything... But the rarest and most expensive stuff are the most important items, and the pets more crucial of all.