20 million neopoints to be given out by Neodaq...

Freefall

Just informing everybody of a big event that's about to happen at neodaq.com

http://www.neodaq.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15753

Neodaq's Second Ever Survivor. They held one many years ago and it was a ton of fun. The top prize than was 1 million np, which was a ton of money back then. This year they're stepping up the pot. The first place winner could receive a Sword of Skardsen, which is worth a whopping 11 million neopoints. 2-5 will also get prizes totaling 5 million neopoints. And of course more than the top 5 places will be paid out. Overall it'll equal around 20 million neopoints. But this is only if they get at least 100 people to sign up. I believe the first year they did it there were like 150 people. Anyhow, I just thought I'd give you a heads up if you wanted to make an account on the neodaq forums and play. The event starts June 1st, so just under a week left to sign up. Good luck!

Also, sorry if I put this in the wrong section. It's kinda neo-related because it's neopians competing for neopoints.

Thanks for reminding me to buy some more stock. ^^

But, I'm just wondering, doesn't this violate TOC (big time)? This could get a lot of people in trouble. =/

There are many places and people that still do stuff like this, so I won't close the topic, but just a fair warning to everyone who participates in that.

Since it's happening offsite TNT doesn't really care. They've done things like this in the past, as have Jellyneo and Pinkpt. And if you look at the TOC, I don't believe it's against the rules. It says:

You hereby understand and agree that Neopets does not allow Postings that contain:

Promotions anywhere on Neopets' site offering prizes of any kind. Promotions include, but are not limited to, contests, raffles, lotteries or giveaways, and "anywhere on our site" includes but is not limited to all of Neopets' user communication areas, onsite pet's webpage, shop front or onsite guild webpage.

Basically, they don't care as long as it's done entirely off-site. But just in case, Neodaq says things like "the prizes aren't garunteed, and the prizes are just a rumor" that way it's not technically a contest. It's like a wink-nod type of thing.

They are allowed to give a giveaway, but they cannot ask for "donations" publicly.

Thanks for letting us know about this Freefail.

I've used Neodaq's stock market charts in the past, and I can say that it's definitely a reliable site. :yes: This sounds like a pretty interesting contest to me.

Participating in a contest is essentially 'earning' NP - you put a lot of time and effort into it, and if you did well enough (and had a bit of luck along the way), you'll gain a prize. Simple as that. :yes:

Neodaq.com is a Neopets help site specifically for the Stock Market. :yes: This contest isn't really related to the Neodaq index for the stock market, it's just an independent thing run by the site.

In the same way any off-site Neopets contests are run: the winners are determined, and then the prizes are awarded through item transfers or trades on the Neopets site itself. :yes: