First Look At The Battledome in Closed Beta!

hrtbrk

Looking so cool! I like how comic-esque it looks and such. I imagine more people will be into it with the increased interactivity of it too. Winning NP? That could be pretty awesome too :O

Not too sure how loading it will fare on a dial-up internet connection though.. hmmm. I'll have to wait a while to see I guess.

The idea is to make the Battledome more accessible to everyone. So that's why each opponents has three difficulties now.

And the prizes (NP and items) are staying :P

I had no idea that was a difficulty level in that video that cleared up a lot for me. I am excited about prizes and NP that seems like it would make the BD a more liked place.

Nice! That's way better than I could have imagined. :O I never used the battledome before, but this actually looks pretty exciting. I definitely hope the prizes stay - it's a great idea, especially since people put so many NP into training their pets.

Does anyone think this will affect the battledome avatars, especially now that there are varying levels of difficulty? =/

This is pretty amazing :O it reminds me of the transition between Pokemon D/P/Pt to Pokemon B/W.

i love that there's an easy/medium/hard mode now. that's amazing.

i also love the idea of winning Neopoints and/or items. that's sweet.

although i have a feeling this will have a ton of bugs in it.

This looks amazing! :D

I can't wait to see what the difficulty levels really mean. Do you only get prizes for beating them on the hardest difficulty? Just more NP on hard? It will be interesting, at least! :D

And yeah, I want to echo passiflora on wondering what the different levels will mean for avatars! I still have to beat the Space Faerie, for example- will the easy level be easier than she was before-- and if so, will I be able to get the avatar on easy?

I can't wait to try this out though. :D

EDIT:]Ooh, I found a link to this fellow's lookup- lots of screencaps of the new BD! http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=dmitri_stanislaus

From the look of it, the difficulties start at "Average" -- so likely the difficulty the challenger was before. If that's the case, beating the challenger on ANY difficulty (but will probably be average for everyone, lol) would give the avatar. :)

I love that they've made the different BD arenas into... well, different BD arenas :P

I think it looks overall a lot better than it did before. The prizes are a great bonus too and I hope they'll keep it.

Stilling Hoping I get picked :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Vyvren) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I wish they would have added importance to Movement LOL They just need to get rid of that stat.

And am I correct in stating that their are no stances/healing after the battle any more? I know abilities are still being worked on, so I wonder if stances are, too.

Movement will remain useless as it was.

Stances are currently not in the system, but will be added.

You no longer automagically heal after a battle (stock on healing potions everyone!)

Nice! That's way better than I could have imagined. :O I never used the battledome before, but this actually looks pretty exciting. I definitely hope the prizes stay - it's a great idea, especially since people put so many NP into training their pets.

Does anyone think this will affect the battledome avatars, especially now that there are varying levels of difficulty? =/

We don't know how it will affect battledome avatars. Though we know it will still be possible to get them.

This looks amazing! :D

I can't wait to see what the difficulty levels really mean. Do you only get prizes for beating them on the hardest difficulty? Just more NP on hard? It will be interesting, at least! :D

And yeah, I want to echo passiflora on wondering what the different levels will mean for avatars! I still have to beat the Space Faerie, for example- will the easy level be easier than she was before-- and if so, will I be able to get the avatar on easy?

I can't wait to try this out though. :D

EDIT:]Ooh, I found a link to this fellow's lookup- lots of screencaps of the new BD! http://www.neopets.c...itri_stanislaus

From the look of it, the difficulties start at "Average" -- so likely the difficulty the challenger was before. If that's the case, beating the challenger on ANY difficulty (but will probably be average for everyone, lol) would give the avatar. :)

For now the NP you gain are set to a very low amount, and a low maximum cap per day. (Items don't work currently, just NP)

And it seems like you get more for doing a harder challenger...

This does look pretty cool. I can't wait to try it out myself.

I'm concerned about the flash loading, but it should make battling a lot easier without all the page refreshes. I also noticed that it's not easy to see the icons of damage/defense you're doing. I think the Combat Log will be my friend!

You no longer automagically heal after a battle (stock on healing potions everyone!)

Rats! That was one of my favorite things about the BD! It should make healing potions inflate.

Uhhh... Too much action! I am totally with the rewards on Battledome!! Yay! I can't wait to play it but I really hope my computer can work with the new battledome, it freezes with the Neopets 3D games, Key Quest...