My name is Ian and I'm the creator of The Daily Neopets. On behalf of all of The Daily Neopets and its members, welcome! We're glad you're here. http://www.tdnforums...DIR#/cool02.gif
In this topic, I'll outline the guidelines for The Daily Neopets Forums. At The Daily Neopets, we strive to be a friendly Neopets community that's focused on Neopets discussion and help (among other things!). These guidelines have been put in place to ensure that The Daily Neopets Forums remain a friendly place with meaningful content. And if you're ever unsure about something, be sure to contact one of our Global Moderators; they're here to help and answer any questions you might have.
- Respect all members of The Daily Neopets Forums.
The Golden Rule at The Daily Neopets is "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Being respectful means being kind and courteous to one another and keeping your cool in tense situations. Harassing and/or trolling others is never the way to resolve conflict; always contact a Moderator if a situation gets out of hand.
- Make your posts meaningful and don't post S.P.A.M. (short, pointless, annoying messages).
Here's how we would define spam:
- Posts that are less than 7 words. (Adding off-topic words to add to post word count is considered spam.)
- Excessive use of smilies without any meaningful post content.
- Posts that bump an irrelevant topic back up to the top.
- Posts that are irrelevant.
- Any posts that use chat speak or are virtually incomprehensible.
- Double posts (if your post is the most recent, you can hit "EDIT" on your existing post).
- Duplicate topics (you can search for a topic to see if it already exists).
- Each member is allowed only one account!
There is no need for anyone to have more than one account, as they are all the same. Duplicate accounts will be removed.
- Neopets guidelines apply here too!
For this reason, do not post: (1) links to Neopets cheat programs or sites that sell Neopoints for real money, (2) messages asking for sensitive information like email addresses, Neopets PINs, and passwords, (3) messages asking for other personally identifiable information (respect other members' privacy), and (4) scam or chain messages.
- Posting the following type of content is always prohibited...
- Links to harmful websites (cookie grabbers, trojans, viruses, worms)
- Any sites considered illegal by U.S. law
- Links to pornographic, suggestive, discriminatory, or obscene web sites
- Inappropriate profile pictures
- Swear words (allowed words: gosh, stupid, crap, heck, dang, sucks)
- For swear words/general language, if it's not allowed on the Neoboards, it's generally not allowed here either.
- Backseat moderating: click the "Report" button next to the post or topic instead
- To keep TDN Forums topics and posts looking spiffy... our signature guidelines are:
Here's how we enforce these guidelines:
- Verbal warnings: verbal warnings are friendly reminders from your Moderators about a guideline that was not observed. You'll receive these via PM.
- Warnings: warnings are official and are made a part of your warn level and record at TDN Forums. Your warn level ranges from 0-100%. Each warning is a 20% increase. A 100% warn level will lead to a permanent account ban. To decrease your warn level, please see this topic.
- Suspensions: temporary suspension are sometimes used in conjunction with an official warning.