Neopets Game Glitch

Jolly Jasper

Confirmed reports from JN reveal that there is a sitewide game glitch going on right now.

Scores are being sent as much higher than they really are (demonstrated by looking at the Avatar High Score Board where the highest score is 5,000 (not possible since there are only 300 or so avatars) and the person with the first place trophy in fact only has around 90 avatars. Our advice is to avoid sending game scores (if you aren't avoiding Neopets already) as people who take advantage of game glitches ARE considered cheaters, and you could be frozen.

We'll let you know if we find anything else out.

PS If you've sent scores through this process and notice a shiny gold trophy on your lookup for a really lame score, don't panic, just send a bug report to TNT here.

It wouldn't be a scammer. They scam people. And Neopets is hacker-proof, I'm sure.

I'm sure it is, as they say, a glitch. Harmless little bug that needs hitting with a Neopian Times Issue 3. :yes: They might have to roll back the servers again (It's happened before. :()

I sent a Test Your Strength score before reading this. If I'm not on the high score table, I should be alright, right?

im confuzzled (as per usual). how do you get on the avatar collectors board? is each avatar worth a certain amount of points or something?

its funny that ive been on neopets for four years and there are still soo many things im a n00b about. what a sad, sad fact.

what neopets went on their computers and visited the site. and the *infamous* popup came up and infected their network. and now their game score thingies have got completely busted? (yet again, im spewing words/terms/theories that i A) have no idea if theyre true b) am not sure I understand C) think i have no idea what a virus is) lol.

You get onto the Avatar Highscore table for having a high amount of avatars (DUH!). Each avatar is 1 "point" (As you put it). Something like a random number or multiple being added on is making peoples avatar count go crazy (Perhaps making, say, 5000 "points" for every 1 avatar).

You get on the avatar highscore table when you find an avatar. (It gets cleared, and you can't "send your score" without getting another avatar)

im confuzzled (as per usual). how do you get on the avatar collectors board? is each avatar worth a certain amount of points or something?

its funny that ive been on neopets for four years and there are still soo many things im a n00b about. what a sad, sad fact.

what neopets went on their computers and visited the site. and the *infamous* popup came up and infected their network. and now their game score thingies have got completely busted? (yet again, im spewing words/terms/theories that i A) have no idea if theyre true b) am not sure I understand C) think i have no idea what a virus is) lol.

You get one point for every avatar you collect. :)

I'm sure they'll have this under control in a bit.

all the ppl i see on the userlookups have waaay more than 94 avvies (or is that another glitch with neopets system?)

actually, come to think of it, i have more than 94 avvies.

soooo confuzzled

lol. i know that. but how do the top ppl only have 94. THATS what i dont get. the top 5 ppl should have like, 250 avatars. or is that the glitch?

now that i think about it, why do i care? hehe.

all the ppl i see on the userlookups have waaay more than 94 avvies (or is that another glitch with neopets system?)

actually, come to think of it, i have more than 94 avvies.

soooo confuzzled

Yes, there's only about 300 avatars to collect, so any score of 1000 or more is very very inaccurate. And the top score with 5,000 points only has 94 avatars.

here are some more examples (if a high score table, pay attention to the top or top couple scores):

http://www.neopets.com/gamescores.phtml?game_id=131

http://www.neopets.com/gamescores.phtml?game_id=659

http://www.neopets.com/gamescores.phtml?game_id=61

http://www.neopets.com/gamescores.phtml?game_id=198

It looks like what is happening is that one user will send a score, and the same number will post to SEVERAL high score tables, and if that number is high they will get trophies (even though they may not have played that game). This is all speculation of course.

its kinda funny that ll this stuff is going wrong with neopets all at the same time, isnt it?

Neopets bites <_< .. i've tried to see if any of the game scores i have are wierd and it says i need to log in, well i tried and it gives me this... 'Fatal error: Unknown function: encrypt_password() in /home/neopets/public_html/cookiecode.inc on line 156' bleh, i'll be avoiding neo for awhile. :grrr:

has anyone else in the past fifteen minutes been randomly told that they were not logged in?

I was stocking my shop when it suddenly just happened.

I was logged in, and i got the log in screen. And i know I am on the Neopets site.

This is kinda freekin me out.

Oh Yeah! Got that too. In the bank. <_<

I am thinking that neo is being wonky because they are trying to fix the virus problem, and there has been a coding error, and now to slow traffic on the server, (Bug reports, chatbords going ape and so on) they are just kicking us off.

But they still need pageviews, and neo can't 'go down' soooooo....