Lending Resumed... Sort Of

Izzy ♥

Hello all :)

We've decided to go ahead and reopen lending, as we don't want the ALP to be forgotten about! Thanks to the generosity of a few TDN staffers, we have replaced a few of the items for y'all to borrow. More will come in the next couple of days, as I sell the non-avie items the staffers have donated. You can see which items are currently available here. For pet lending, all chain signups are resumed except those for the pets on Jerry's main account. I've marked which those are on the Pet Lending Schedule.

2.png

"We're back! Maybe not better than ever, but hey at least we're still here!"

Given that Jerry is no longer able to deal with you all via his Neopets account, we've set up a forums account for the ALP. Jerry, Ashley and myself have access to it so we'll be able to keep up with everything ^_^ The pet and item lending proceedures have been updated accordingly, with correct links as to who you are meant to be contacting.

Also, we have set up a new donations shop on tdnalp. We're not allowed to ask you to donate, but er *nudge*

We are still holding out hope for Jerry's account, but given the total silence from TNT it is seeming less likely. We'd like to try and get everything back to semi-normal as soon as we can ;)

Thanks for sticking by us everyone!

Sorry for the silence. I wish I could donate... I've got no money, myself. -sigh- ... Oh, maybe my collat for any items can be my donation. -nod- ... =w= Not going well. XD;;; We're glad it's back up, Izzy!

...Maybe I can. 8D I have some spare cash, if you're missing items... Just... wait for my suspension. Then I need to be a good girl and never do whatever neopets claimed I did. =w=

Well somethings better than nothing...

I'm so sorry you guys lost Jerry.

Surely they'll give him back eventually :worried:

In the mean time, as always, we can count on the awesome staff to find a way!

Thanks Guys. If I had anything worth donating I'd be glad to help out...

But alas my money and items are all pretty weak until I finish up the SDB.

Congrats on re-opening, but just some advice.

Wouldn't it be better making the donation shop on a new account. Mainly because, if this does get caught out, TDN will lose 2 lending pets.

And even if this account does get frozen and then recovered, TNT removes any colours from the pets. So it be better not to risk the account, wouldn't it?

Paul, TNT doesn't remove the colours from the pets unless the reason behind the freezing was that you were cheating to earn Neopoints - in which case you're very very lucky if you get the account back anyway. That was NOT the reason behind Jerry's freezing, so it shouldn't be the case if we get jerrypteri back. When TNT returned my own main account last week, my pets were still painted their original colours. I guess that a few of you have assumed the reason behind Jerry's freezing was that we were taking donations. That wasn't the case, it wasn't for anything we did specifically.

Thanks to everyone who as donated so far - I'll put up the topics for all the new items now ;)

Well, I have a mixed feelings when I saw this. Firstly I was happy that ALP is resumed however I'm a little sad that I can't find meowclop in the items for lending because I had saved a lot of nps just for that avatar but its ok just let me know when it is avaliable again...

Well, I have a mixed feelings when I saw this. Firstly I was happy that ALP is resumed however I'm a little sad that I can't find meowclop in the items for lending because I had saved a lot of nps just for that avatar but its ok just let me know when it is avaliable again...

Unfortunately, a Meowclops is a couple of millions... we can't afford it just yet. It's already amazing how fast this program is rebuilding. Isabel and Ashley are putting a lot of work into all this, because they love our community.

I am sure they are going to keep us all updated about what is avalaible for lending :)

Totally lost here... Introducing myself so someday I will be eligible to borrow.

I'm Judy, usually judykm and my neopets username is shirahli. I have been a neopian for almost 6 years, an avid avvie collector only about a year. so I am years behind! :*

I opened a tdn account a while back, but apparently just an avatar one, so I got mixed up when registering for the forum account and I think I have used both names.

Thanks tdn staff for having this lending program. I think it's great. Anything in this fast-paced cyber world that has some old values (honesty, trust...you know, things we can't take for granted anymore) are "uber"-wonderful these days.

I'm glad lending is back and that everyone is donating again, some of the items are too expensive to get yourself just for the avatar so this is perfect. After the faerie queen doll what is the next goal?

Well...since Judy introduced herself, I might as well too. I'm a new old player that had two accounts hacked about a year ago and since gave up on neopets. But, I came back a month ago, and found this old, unused account. I'm an avid avatar collector. Doing my best to get games avatars at the moment. Also saving up for a Halloween PB for my Lupe. Nice color and great avvie, what more could you ask for? Anyway, I hope you get jerrypteri back! I'll probably donate. Have already bought a black bottle of sand (cos black rocks!). Anyway, thanks TDN!

I would doubt it. A FQD costs 2 mil from the HT, 1.6 mil on the TP. We're probably around 400k right now, but you'll have to wait for a staff member to confirm that guess.

Great to see things rebuilding so quickly! I also didn't realize I signed up for the avatar site and thought it was for the forums also. Been on Neopets for around 7-8 years and use TDN for my dailies and the news. Wanted to post and start getting my feet wet in the forums, hope I'm not too far off topic. I'll be pm'ing one of you about what I can do to help out. Thanks for all you guys do for us!

Hi! I'm glad to hear that you're resuming lending out. I'm ELAINE, a neopets mom. I've been playing for a year now. I haven't been online in several months so I didn't really know what happened. I was confined in the hospital for premature labor (with my 4th baby) and despite that, I delivered the baby prematurely. He's still in the hospital now but is doing well. So I have a little time on my hands to chat and play before he comes home. I'm trying to increase my avatar count but I still need some pets and a lot of games/battledome avatars. I really hope you get Jerry's account back. Really sad about it, I got lent thru that account before.