Animated avatars

The Original Luna

Guest Астр&#10

It takes a special software, like Adobe ImageReady. Each little move is drawn individually or fixed from a frame-by-frame video like this animated avatar:

BOOMheadshot.gif

(Of course video avatars like that take up a lot of space, this one is 88 KB.)

Some other programs are Macromedia Flash and Macromedia Fireworks. You have to buy them though, I don't think that they're downloadable. Maybe you can download them on a free thirty day trial i think.

Yeah, you can't just get animation software for free. (Unless you illegally download it, but I don't want to get into that.)

Contrary to what most people think, you actually can download full animated programs with no limitations. And you don't even need a P2P program like Limewire or Kazaa. Just visit http://www.9down.com for free programs like you would normally if you were in a download website. Note that this website has been tested by me and it doesn't contain any viruses or spyware in their programs, BUT I must warn you to only use this site if you want free programs. Although they are free to the general public, it is illegal in some countries to download this kind of software. However, as it's not a P2P network, it's really (like 0,00001 %) to get caught (no one ever did downloading these programs). Supplying these programs though (uploading) is totally illegal in what manner.

Note that this website is just a suggestion. If it against TDN's rules, I'm sorry. I do not own this website nor I am responsible for it's content.

I have fireworks and i know it can do animation but how?

you can make animations in firefox by selecting the file type as a "animated gif" when you save it.

There should be a drop down menu on one of the option menus that are always up...

So, you have to select it as an animated gif, save it (it will still say .png when you save it) then you have to export it. I think it says export to web or save for web or something, unfortunately I don't have firefox on the computer I am using now, or I'd be a bit more specific...

• 3 weeks later...

I use image ready.....adobe thing, but I'm pretty sure there are better things than that......

Guest Астр&#10

I don't know if there are, and I don't care. ImageReady has served me well in the past and will continue to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

May I add something here? When making animated avatars you may want to know that some of us can't handle seeing them. I have brain damage in my visual cortex and so I have to cover up the avatars that move when I see them (this is the same reason I block ads on my computer and don't watch TV - it gives me a headache and makes me a little dizzy). I just thought you might like to know. Sometimes I just skip past the posts of people with animated avatars. Most people with this problem probably won't say anything, so I though I'd mention it here just so you know fewer people might read your posts. Please don't let this discourage you if you want one though. Just FYI.