Leonardo Da Vinci

dailyneogirl_

I was watching The Da Vinci Code yesterday, Leonardo Da Vinci is sooo cool!

I went on Wikipedia and researched him then I found out that he created the Calculator, Solar Power (Now known as ELECTICITY), and lots of other technologies.

I have some questions that I urgently want to know, (Besides no-one knows the answer).

I was just wondering who's Mona Lisa, why is she so popular? (I know she's popular because the painting is the painting that Leonardo Da Vinci drew, but who is she???).

People say that when you look at the original painting, her eyes move. Copy of painting below, (her eyes dont move cuz its not the original painting).

Davinci-mona-lisa-1503-06.jpg

Also, people are also urgently wanting to know this, does Jesus have a wife, and an offspring? In the painting Leonardo drew (below), the person on the left is a WOMAN!! She was known as Mary Magdelene. The way Jesus and Mary Magdalene is sitting, forms a V. Which means 'female' in Jewish times. Why doesn't Leonardo Da Vinci tell us if its true or not, why doesn't he just write something on the back of the painting? Weird.

4lastsu2.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the info about who Mona Lisa was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mona_Lisa

As for the other painting, well I don't think Da Vinci meant to say that she was Jesus's wife. I see it as a representation that Jesus forgives the sinners who ask for forgiveness and repent from their sins. Mary Magdalene didn't feel worthy of being Jesus at all because of her sins. I think that's what it represents to me. Then again, she could be there as a symbol that she was one of his "disciples". Unless the man next to her is Judas, so they could both represent sin. It's really hard to tell what Da Vinci was telling through his painting, then again whatever it was, it was HIS opinion not a fact. And the author of the Da Vinci Code said that it is a book of fiction based on his belief and besides the documents he used were opinions and rumors from people and the documens he used weren't legitimate. We'll know the truth when we die. Remember that people these days have weird minds and they always want to find something negative in everything. This doesn't mean that the Last Supper painting has to be looked at literally, it could be a representation or Da Vinci's opinion.

I live in Australia and currently Melbourne is having an exibition on Leonardo Da Vinci, we go in there and see his machines. This is a mystery. Ahhh!

woah, that's so cool! Do they have a discussion about his work? And yea it's a mystery <_< and it'll always be. Maybe he left documents explaining his work? I really don't know.

People find the Mona Lisa intrigueing because she smiling as if she has something to hide and people want to find out the mystery behind the smile. Also, I guess Leonardo was a very mysterious man and liked people to contemplate over his inventions and paintings and life. I researched him a few years ago for an assignment, and he was really successful, no way society will forget him anytime soon! (that's if they do forget him which I highly doubt). Oh and The DaVinci Code story is fiction, when they talk about Jesus and his wife and stuff, it's not true. Some bits may be but hardly any.

da vinci is amazing. i don't know HOW artists like him can paint like that! i can draw fairly well, but i absolutely can not paint to save my life. there's a lot of controversey about whether da vinci was a bit messed up, like if he painted himself in the mona lisa. and the da vinci code is an awesome book, but it's a work of fiction based on some facts.

totally random, but the band in dailyneogirl's sig looks like the korean version of the click five.

Da Vince was clearly born to be successful. It was decided before he was born.... It would be aweosme to draw like him. I can only draw relatively alright anime at the moment...

Well, if you think about it besides the talent, geniuses like Einstein and Da Vinci grew up in an era where there was not much to do, so that helped a lot in opening up their minds and expressing their thoughts. Like right now, there's too much distraction to actually let our minds go free because, we have the internet, tv, games, movies so many stuff.

Yap. Da Vinci was a genius, really. But he is not actually Christian, you know. I don't know why he painted 'Last Supper'.

Maybe he wanted to express his opinion? Or maybe he thought the painting would become popular. Or maybe he did believe, but didn't follow a religion? I have no idea *goes read*

On the news today, in australia, they said that they invented this 3d camera. Then they're gonna use it on Mona Lisa, now they discovered how Leonardo DV, drew the artwork. *I mean like, thats all? How he drew it?* Gosh, it should've been, is the last supper true...blablabla, ect,ect,ect.

Da Vinci didn't like the Catholic Church and the Catholic Church didn't like Da Vinci. In fact, Da Vinci was probably atheist, but never spoke up in fear that the Church would harm him.

However, he did paint religious paintings for two reasons. The first being that the art during the Renaissance period and earlier was nearly 100% about biblical scenes or portraits. The second being that the only rich people (who commissioned painters to paint works) were rich noblemen, the clergy and Churches.

So really getting "facts" concerning religious ideas from Da Vinci is absolutely ridiculous.

Da Vinci didn't like the Catholic Church and the Catholic Church didn't like Da Vinci. In fact, Da Vinci was probably atheist, but never spoke up in fear that the Church would harm him.

However, he did paint religious paintings for two reasons. The first being that the art during the Renaissance period and earlier was nearly 100% about biblical scenes in the Bible or portraits. The second being that the only rich people (who commissioned painters to paint works) were rich noblemen, the clergy and Churches.

So really getting "facts" concerning religious ideas from Da Vinci is absolutely ridiculous.

You must have done p-l-e-n-t-y of research. From Wikipedia?