• Wearables
    • Drinks
    • Weapons
    • Potions & Magic
    • Scratchcards
    • Books
    • Neohome
    • Other (Please Specify)

What is the best thing to sell in a shop? I really would like to know your opinions. I done a Christmas Shop, made about 100k. But, what is good?

I was thinking of selling rare Jellies or something like a McDonalds (with chips, hamburgers etc). Please let me know all your opinions...

weapons are hard for restocking beginners =/ 99% of weapons that you find in neopia central are worth only a fraction of what you pay.

books turn a nice profit for really low risk (I don't know many books that sell for higher than SW).

Things that are most in demand are one-use items, like books or stamps (you can't remove a stamp from your album). Food is a little trickier just because most players rely on omelettes or other low-cost options to feed their pets, but I hear food is an alright way to turn a profit (people want food for faerie quests, esophagor, fetch, etc).

training items are also good to sell but there's no real way to restock dubloons or codestones =/

Advent Calendar items always seem to sell quickly, but not for a lot of profit.

Training items such as Dubloons, Codestones, and Neggs always sell pretty quickly. So would wearables and Neohome items.

I'd avoid selling junk items, like stuff you get by fishing, because the supply is big, and the demand, if there is any, is really low.

Stamps also seem sell pretty well, along with trading cards that you can collect.

But there's really no point to sell a specific type of item. I just put whatever I don't need in my shop, and as long as it isn't junk, it usually gets sold. Just check the prices in the SW and price your items lower than everyone else.

I don't know about anyone else but I can't keep jelly or omelets in stock EVER. I saved up like 100 different ones and posted them and the next morning all were gone.

I really wish that the Lab Maps were cheaper. I really need them. :(

You're definately not alone on that one. But they are just outrageous so I will wait. They may never go down tho. But I have the inherit issue that there's stuff I want to get for my pets, and in some cases, need to get for them. So I am not the best saver out there. Plus I have a few close friends that I have a bad habit of buying PBs for because the ones they want are much cheaper than the one I want (White)

I sell codestones and bottled faeries that I find or win off of keyquest just about as soon as I put in my price. (I also try and be the lowest price in my shop bracket that I find in the shop wizard). My shop makes me so many neopoints off of these things. I've also been selling a lot of my advent calendar wins, that I'm not interested in keeping, early in the day for a few extra neopoints.

There really is no "best" type of item, because they're all in demand. It depends on what you want to restock.

I highly suggest sticking to one speciality at first, like books, food, or furniture. That way you become familiar with a reasonable amount of items, their rarity and their profit, without becoming overwhelmed.

I personally restock chocolate and candy items, so I only need to go to one shop for everything - might not seem useful, but chocolate is popular for galleries, quests and employment jobs. I've gotten to know which items sell for more profit very well, if I may say so it has been extremely successful ^_^

When you get freebies like codestones and bottled faeries you can put them in your shop too, so you don't have to be limited. And you can eventually expand to two or three types of items if you'd like.

If you're attempting to gain lots of profit through your shop, it's going to be really hard, unless you know how to restock or snipe really well.

As for codestones, there are 10 original codestones:

Mau Codestone

Tai-Kai Codestone

Lu Codestone

Vo Codestone

Eo Codestone

Main Codestone

Zei Codestone

Orn Codestone

Har Codestone

Bri Codestone

The ones I can think of are books (books tend to be profitable but depends on what kind of books) and foods (mainly for kad feeding)...