Lulu Prizes.

Awesome_Paul

Is it me or should Lulu prizes should not be able to be sold for neopoints.

TNT has stated in the past that the NC mall has no impact on neopoints etc. Yet having to buy tickets, beat easy challenges and then be able to sell it for neopoints. Isn't that basically buying neopoints with neocash?

That's a fair point, I never thought about it. I spose that they shouldn't be able to be sold, it doesn't really bother me though. What sorts of prizes are there?

I could always have a look at the prizes myself, and I did.

I wish the NC mall items were buyable and not just in the mall, I just want a background for my pet! *sobs*

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please avoid double-posting on the forums. You can click the edit button in the bottom right-hand corner of your last post instead, or just wait for someone else to say something if you can't be bothered editing. :P

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Purple Hasee Balloon Toy doesn't sell on the Super Shop Wizard (so it's an unbuyable item)

Tangram Puzzle Piece Kite sells for 66-70k on the Super Shop Wizard.

And I'm not against these Lulu challenges. Not more than I am against using the NC Mall. Sorry...

Yeah, TNT has promised that the NCmall would not affect the free part of the site. But by paying $20 to buy the 30 game tickets. The user could walk out with maybe 1-2+ million np profit.

Which basically breaks that promise becase the ncmall is affecting the free part.

The site is still free to play... if they had made that in order to play all Daily Dare, you have to pay, then they would have broken their promise. I think they are just messing around with their own rules. Anyway, as I said I'm not unhappy. Good if it can give me an "advantage", athough I already have enough Neopoints that it doesn't really change anything how I get them.

I'm not against it. I bought the 30 ticket thing, it cost me $40 (exchange rate).

I can't beat AAA most of the time. I could complain I'm at a disadvatage because I'm not an amazing gamer. But I don't, I don't feel this way and it's not really anything to get upset over. At least you get prizes from Abigail and you can still sell them for whatever profit. Her book from today is selling for over 10K and keeps going higher.

I personally feel people who buy NC have every right to do so. To say this is unfair is, in my opinion, saying people who get random events for PBs that they can sell for millions is unfair. That people who are fast enough to retock Draik eggs is unfair. That people who have expensive pets is unfair on people with little NP and can't afford it.

I have never had an amazing RE, never had a FFQ (which I really, really want), but I don't hold anything against think those who have. Just like I don't think anyone should be mad at people who use real money on Neo.

Take World of Warcraft for example. I don't know anything about this except you have to pay to play (99% sure you do...). Neopets is FREE. And people can choose to buy Premium if they want to. They can choose to buy NC. I know it's a bit different to RE which are free- you need real money, but I can guarantee you not everyone who spends real money on Neo is rich.

It's fair, and it's only a game.

Purple Hasee Balloon Toy doesn't sell on the Super Shop Wizard (so it's an unbuyable item)

That's not true, I just looked it up and I saw a few for 99,999NP. I don't see why everyone is whining about it (well, those that are.. Not YOU guys specifically or anything! :P ) because I think that if I spend my hard earned money that I should get a little something for it. I don't think that we should get HUGE amounts of NP or something that makes us completely rich, but a little somethin-somethin shouldn't be a problem.

My solution? If you are old enough, get a job. If you are not I'd say 99% of kids get this thing called an allowance, so use that allowance money on NC!

Sorry, not trying to be hateful or anything.. I just don't see what the big deal is! :S

I don't have anything against NC mall overall. Only the fact that they have stated that NC stuff WON'T have any advance over regular playing goes off my mind, cause these tickets give you valuable items you can sell for ~100k each, tataling about 3M in just a month! I'm still planning on getting the tickets.

That's not true, I just looked it up and I saw a few for 99,999NP. I don't see why everyone is whining about it (well, those that are.. Not YOU guys specifically or anything! :P ) because I think that if I spend my hard earned money that I should get a little something for it. I don't think that we should get HUGE amounts of NP or something that makes us completely rich, but a little somethin-somethin shouldn't be a problem.

My solution? If you are old enough, get a job. If you are not I'd say 99% of kids get this thing called an allowance, so use that allowance money on NC!

Sorry, not trying to be hateful or anything.. I just don't see what the big deal is! :S

It was unbuyable at the time I looked on the SSW. Some people might put it in their shop for quick sale though... But I'm keeping mine. So cute.

But yea, not a big deal at all.

Oh and it makes me smiling that everyone who wasn't sure if they wanted to get a tickets in first place are getting them. No one can resist...

I felt guilty about the Lulu prizes being availible to sell for a little while. But then I kind of reasoned that in the Uk, buying neopets merchandise is hard, we don't have actual shops that sell them (Not that I know of anyway) and you have to get them off ebay or something for nearly £20 which is quite expensive for a little toy, so I don't get the benefits of virtual codes and things like that, and you can make money off those right with the items you recieve. So it seems to fair to me, I just reason that I'm spending the money on NC I would spend on plushies if i had the chance, or something.

Ok, I'm actually saving for a Halloween Paint Brush and this is helping me immensely. I lied. :D

I just feel it's kinda unfair though. I mean, I don't have any way to pay for the tickets, so even if I wanted to get them, I couldn't. And it's not fair that they can get a good 100k a day on a challenge that's so easy just because they either have the money and have parents that are willing to pay.

I agree with Paul, TNT did make a promise, and now they're breaking it.

I mean, I don't hold a grudge against those who want to challenge Lulu; it's their money, they can do what they want with it. But by having NP items as the prizes, it's essentially setting up an exchange rate between NP and NC. And they said they wouldn't do that.

I believe anyone can buy stuff from the NC Mall. All you need is a bank account to connect PayPal to. There are also NC Cards, you could always buy those online or something. People have ways to purchase NeoCash, but it's their choice if they want to or not, and a lot of people WANT to be able to purchase NC, so why take that away?

I would like to chime in here.

Technically speaking, you are using the NC Mall tickets to purchase the opportunity to challenge Lulu. There is no guarantee that you will complete that challenge. The ticket is allowing you to participate in the NC challenge. Your reward, for then completing that challenge, is an item - you are not redeeming the ticket for the prize. Technically speaking, Neopets is keeping their promise, they're just twisting the rules in their favor.

I don't really care about people selling Lulu prizes. I can't buy the tickets, but it's not a big deal to me. I can see why some people are upset, though. TNT did make a promise that the NC Mall wouldn't affect NP earning.

EDIT: Well, now that I see TJ's post, I go with him. xD

Well I guess what TJ says is true, but I mean, really? The challenge is just way to easy to get an unbuyable for.

And not everyone can get NC. I have a good deal of money, just that my parents won't let me spend it on something like this.

I'm going to have to agree with TJ. He made an excellent point. Besides as far as I'm concerned...I'm probably not going to sell any of these items because

as far as I'm concerned these are the wearables that TNT owes me for all the dumb Neohome stuff they gave out in the Advent calendar. Stupid, lame Neohomes.

Here's how I see it:

I am personally against the NC Mall. I do not like it, and I never purchase anything from there. Ever. I've only ever used free NC that Neopets has handed out. I won the NC giveaway they had once and I gave the card to a friend to use. Anyway, my point being that I don't support it, so I don't use it or worry about it. I don't visit it, I just plain don't bother it. As long as it's not directly preventing me from doing what I normally do on Neopets, I don't care what Neopets does.

So what if users can make some NP from it, more power to them. If they want to waste their own person REAL LIFE money on (ultimately, sorry if this offends anyone) pixels and worthless website currency, then by all means let them waste it. That's just my view on it, all of it. I even think that using the NC Mall for regular clothing that you can't sell is a waste.

The more controversy TNT can generate about the NC Mall the more publicized it becomes and then more users will visit it and use it, which gets TNT more money. If those people who don't support it, just don't both about it, then ultimately they will just forget it even exists. If you're sitting here saying TNT lied and crap then you're just picking a fight and using TNT against TNT which has never worked, and will never work. TNT can do what they want when they want and you can't do anything about it.

Ultimately, SO WHAT. Does it really effect you as much as you're making it seem to? If you hadn't have heard about the NC Challenge, would you have even known it was effecting your own personal game play? Until the day when you can say I was directly affected due to _______________ then why do you even care... you shouldn't.

Personally, I am also against Neocash because neopets has always been free and they said that they were going to keep it free. =( I don't bother with the NC mall either. I don't visit it and I only have the neocash that they gave away for free so I only have neocash to buy 1 ticket. I think this daily dare Lulu prize thing is how I'm going to spend my neocash. I doubt my parents would allow me to buy neocash for something that is virtual and I don't want to buy it either. I love going on neopets but I don't want to waste real money on it.

i also am against neocash and the NC mall, i agree that neopets should stay free, and it is stupid to use your real money on virtual computer game items. I also think the Lu Lu challenges are unfairfor thosethat cannotor are not allowed to buy neocash, it jus isnt fair that people should get prizes that no one else gets jus because they payed real money it jus isnt fair to everyone. im obsessed with neopets and love everything about except for the neocash and NC mall.