Internet Browsers?

May.

I've also heard that Firefox has less security holes than IE. It's definitely better.

But if you do have a PC, you might also want to check out that Google Chrome that Katy mentioned earlier. It's really good.

Google Chrome is what I am using right now. But you need to be warned that not everything out there is compatible with it. So if something doesn't work, then I would suggest opening up FF or IE and using it for that.

IE is a personal favorite of mine, not for security or speed, but for the look, and sentimental value. I've been using it for as long as I can remember, and it opens just about everything for me, where as our FF doesn't.

But that may just be our version.

I really like google chrome.

But somehow I am stuck to FF I do not know why. I guess it's cos I have all my junk saved onto FF and I'm too lazy to migrate to Chrome.

But chrome is definitely more efficient than FF in my point of view.

IE is a personal favorite of mine, not for security or speed, but for the look, and sentimental value. I've been using it for as long as I can remember, and it opens just about everything for me, where as our FF doesn't.

I still use IE for that reason too. It's a little odd actually...

Google Chrome has been loading big pages really fast for me. (Yay!) And it's really easy to download.

Chances are, Google Chrome will always load pages faster than other browsers unless the website doesn't support Google Chrome. Firefox runs as one big program, with a bunch of additions whereas Google Chrome runs separately (the tabs are not in conjunction) with zero add-ons so you get a way faster result!

:)

Well I guess it varies from person to person, but for me? ABSOLUTELY!

- Fewer add & viruses

- Faster

- Incredible add ons

- More customization

The only down side is there are a few neopets features that don't work on Firefox. Mostly games/dailies.

But there are fewer of those all the time and for me it is totally worth it to miss out on a few little things.

I never tried google chrome but add ons and customization are important to me so I don't think it's my kind of browers.

On a PC, I love Firefox.

I haven't tried Google Chrome because I've been on Mac since before it had been out, and I don't have any PC in my entourage XD.

(On my mac, I love Safari as my main browser. It has some nice things...)

Hmm... I guess I forget to mention the pros and cons of Firefox.

Pros

- Over 5,000 ad-ons.

- Faster (well at least on my computer)

- Tabbed browsing when you open a new window

- Adblock Plus!

Cons

- Can't load certain pages like user caves on HPTC

- Can be slower

- It's really slow on flashy pages

That's for FF3, I'm testing 3.1 Beta 3 on my computer and it's a real step up. ^_^

-

ah,

so many browsers to choose from. :)

i tried out firefox, but as some people mentioned;

i was a bit more biased towards IE. :*

but i'm going to try out google chrome, :O

since i use a PC.

thanks for the help guys! ^_^

Well as a Firefox developer, I guess my opinion would be inherently biased, but to be frank I have to say that Firefox pwns Internet Explorer on every count: security, speed (in terms of memory footprint, rendering markup, and running JavaScript), stability, semantics, customization, etc. Of course, everybody's preferences are different, so there's no 100% solid answer to your question.

To be really, really frank? Hard drive space is hardly at a premium these days. If you're looking for a browser that suits you, why not spend an hour or so with each option and see how you like it? It's you that's being catered to after all. ;)

In addition to Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome, I suggest you take a look at Opera and Safari.

Chances are, Google Chrome will always load pages faster than other browsers unless the website doesn't support Google Chrome. Firefox runs as one big program, with a bunch of additions whereas Google Chrome runs separately (the tabs are not in conjunction) with zero add-ons so you get a way faster result!

:)

Browser performance is a bit more complicated than that. :P It really varies depending on the hardware that the browser is being run on, as well as the structure of the user's operating system and the way the various components of the website in question are coded. That said, the reason Google Chrome renders pages so fast is because it's based on the speedy Webkit engine (Safari and a number of lesser known browsers are based on the same engine). It also packs Google's own V8 JavaScript engine, which is pretty much the fastest one out there at the moment (although over at Mozilla we're working hard on TraceMonkey).

Cons

- Can't load certain pages like user caves on HPTC

- Can be slower

- It's really slow on flashy pages

And that is the reason for my passionate hatred of Adobe's Flash player. xD Trust me, Adobe's stuff runs even slower here on Linux.

That's for FF3, I'm testing 3.1 Beta 3 on my computer and it's a real step up. ^_^

It's so much of a step up that it's in the process of being renamed to Firefox 3.5. :yes: And just for the sake of putting in a random plug... beta 3 actually shipped with some severe JavaScript performance regressions which weren't considered major enough to respin for. So you'll be seeing something closer to the full power of TraceMonkey when beta 4 is released. b)

And that is the reason for my passionate hatred of Adobe's Flash player. xD Trust me, Adobe's stuff runs even slower here on Linux.
And that's why I <3 firefox for flashblock & adblock plus. Runs so much smoother without the evil ads (especially the flash ones) that load before the actual page.

Well I've got a Mac, and while I use both Safari and Firefox, I definitely prefer Safari. I do like how Firefox handles opening a very large amount of tabs, but there are a lot of little things about it that annoy me. Plus I think Safari handles Flash better. But if Mozilla and Apple were ever to work together, they could create create the best browser ever... But I'm just dreaming.

However, my brother's got a PC and he tells me Safari's pretty awful on Windows. He likes Firefox.

Well it's a moot point for Linux users, since Safari isn't available for Linux. :P Firefox and Opera are the only really serious browser options here, although there are a lot of smaller projects available.

Chrome is an excellent choice in terms of performance and UI. :yes: It's still a bit lacking in features though... I was a bit shocked to find that it had no RSS support. xD

Also, it's not available for Linux yet. :(

I was a bit shocked to find that it had no RSS support. xD

True, but can't you use an Internet RSS reader like Google Reader?