Internet Browsers?

May.

I just changed to Chrome because I got sick of Firefox not being helpful in getting the flash content to work. I went round and round in circles for 2 days and gave up.

I do miss the adblocker and script blockers that were on FF & my NP toolbar *weeps*

But at least flash works now! HORRAH!

It's the small things really.

Flash, small? It's a bloated piece of crapware! :P

True, but can't you use an Internet RSS reader like Google Reader?

I do use Google Reader as a matter of fact. :yes:

The thing is that Chrome (currently) lacks any form of RSS support whatsoever. No RSS autodiscovery, feeds rendering as source, etc. I can use Google Reader to keep up to date with feeds, but Google Reader isn't what I use to surf the web. For a Chrome user, finding and subscribing to new feeds might be rather a pain.

It's so much of a step up that it's in the process of being renamed to Firefox 3.5. :yes: And just for the sake of putting in a random plug... beta 3 actually shipped with some severe JavaScript performance regressions which weren't considered major enough to respin for. So you'll be seeing something closer to the full power of TraceMonkey when beta 4 is released. b)

wow, that's really in-depth. xD

haha, i tried google chrome.

but it's not the best for my computer. :(

i think i'll give firefox another shot,

since a lot of people are recommending it.

thanks for the help guys. :D

oh, i have windows vista, by the way. ^_^

Well chrome fell over so am back to using FF again and using IE to play flash games on neopets....

Unfortunately Chrome just kept freezing every time I tried to do something and after 20 minutes of trying to just access my emails I gave up and changed back.

Good luck with with your choice Maywish :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you have knowledge in scripting (JavaScript, VBScript), I would say IE is better than Firefox, for compatibility sake.. There are certain scripts that Firefox could not run or even other browsers available.. But for speed, Firefox is a little faster than IE because of the add-ons it loads upon starting your browser.. For security, I would say IE is better because Microsoft release updates on their browser when a certain update is available..

Right now I'm using Google Chrome, compare to IE and Firefox, Google Chrome loads pages faster and even starts faster... The tabs are simple and easy to use (drag-and-drop), clean design... Same as Firefox certain scripts could not run by these browser.. Faster page loading and browsing is what this browser is for...

Actually, on the matter of security, I'd say FF is safer. It has more updates more often, plus there are a lot more addons you can get to protect your computer.

• 2 weeks later...

i personally use IE my whole life. actually, and some firefox too. for me i like IE better because its basically what i've been using and im just used to i dont know why but my firefox doesnt show pictures and on the option menu its checked to show pictures. hm. i wonder.

I use IE, for two main reasons -

I'm used to it, and wingdings/webdings show up without me having to download an add-on first.

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer firefox for its additional security and its spam/add filters. I also find its faster. What I do not like about it is how unreliable it is, it tends to shut itself off whenever it feels like it. IE is more reliable but slower for me, pop-up blocker is over sensative, no virus scan on download, no spam/add blockers of the type firefox uses and for video streaming its slower. BUT internet explorer runs flash and shockwave better and faster.

• 2 months later...

I used Firefox up until yesterday, when I downloaded Chrome for the very first time. I haven't reopened FF yet! I do hate that there's no NP toolbar for Chrome, but I haven't had a single glitch - all of my games are running smoothly, including the three that give me the most trouble, Ice Cream Machine, Typing Terror and Cooty Wars. FF would freeze up anytime I tried to load anything on Facebook, and I don't have that problem either. It's going to take some getting used to, but I can deal with that while I enjoy the lightening load time and no hang ups/lag/freezing of my browser!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics inactive for more than 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.