Key Quest

Anime

As much as there are sore losers there are rude people as well. I had to quit a game on key quest to attend to my son who got his fingers jammed in the door. They sent me a nasty email trying to use profanity (as well as they can with the filters) then when I explained it to them they said something about owing them a paintbrush and wishing my son's fingers gets so infected that it cost him his life. That was the only time I left the game, needless to say I have yet to complete a game of keyquest because other people have left on me.

well if you want to play key quest with me your welcome to and while I wouldn't normally wish ill on a person the one who sent such a nasty neomail will only bring such things on themselves, I hope you reported them for misconduct.

anyway there is no guarantee you will get a paint brush with a gold key..

well if you want to play key quest with me your welcome to and while I wouldn't normally wish ill on a person the one who sent such a nasty neomail will only bring such things on themselves, I hope you reported them for misconduct.

anyway there is no guarantee you will get a paint brush with a gold key..

I did, but apparently they got a warning so they later apologized and said that their 12 year old child was the one who posted the rude message and not them.

I know this one person who ALWAYS quits. When she quit for the first time, I was okay it was by accident or something. Second time it happened I blocked her and everything (couldn't send her a neomail, she has NF only) and since then everytime she came into my game I quit before we even rolled the dice. Yesterday, however, I didn't even noticed I'm playing against her and what happened - she quit <_< Every time!

Another thing I just hate is when I say 'Hi' to people at the start and they send something rude in return :angry:

I got this Neopets plushie at the store about two weeks ago and it came with a KeyQuest token (a pink Korbat. I love it!). I've started using it and I've noticed that a lot more people exit out when I enter their game. Do some players believe that those tokens are used by professionals or something?

And I hate when people exit out when your just one square away from the doors. That's just immature and very rude. They need to put themselves in the other player's shoes. >:[

Yeah. They should have some respect and stay in the game. I mean, what about the Neopoints they got? I mostly play KQ to get the NPs (except for the Neggs and Codestones. I play for those too). It's just a waste of time and effort if they're just going to stay in the games where they win. x[

Everyone who's having lag issues might want to try cleaning out some browsing data and running a program to clean up/defragment their hard drive. You'd be surprised how much faster everything runs.

As far as KQ goes, I'm pretty lucky. I don't get a lot of map pieces or PBs, but lately, have been getting a lot of codestones, and with the prices they're at right now, I'm pretty happy with that, lol

I tried KQ for the first time today after reading this board and wondering what the fuss was about. But i really need HELP.......Firstly i have huge problems with the mini games, my mouse is about 4 miles behind the game. But somebody seems to have answered that already. The other problem i'm having is not being able to get into the games, and i'm not sure i'm doing it right. I can play the quick games ok, but when i try to join a game in one of the boxes(not sure of all the terminology yet) nothing happens. the buttons no longer go green when i put the cursor on them but that about all i get. What am i doing wrong

I tried KQ for the first time today after reading this board and wondering what the fuss was about. But i really need HELP.......Firstly i have huge problems with the mini games, my mouse is about 4 miles behind the game. But somebody seems to have answered that already. The other problem i'm having is not being able to get into the games, and i'm not sure i'm doing it right. I can play the quick games ok, but when i try to join a game in one of the boxes(not sure of all the terminology yet) nothing happens. the buttons no longer go green when i put the cursor on them but that about all i get. What am i doing wrong

Hm. I'm not sure - I've never really joined a game, I always creat my own games. Try that - go to TDN guide on KQ and take a look at the boards and so. Pick the one you think it's easiest and create a game with that board. i recommend you 5 keys - 2 player games, because they are faster.

Anyway hooray for the ''normal'' Key Quest, already got 2 paint brushes :) Just recieved the third one in two days. Thank you KQ :)

Hm. I'm not sure - I've never really joined a game, I always creat my own games. Try that - go to TDN guide on KQ and take a look at the boards and so. Pick the one you think it's easiest and create a game with that board. i recommend you 5 keys - 2 player games, because they are faster.

Anyway hooray for the ''normal'' Key Quest, already got 2 paint brushes :) Just recieved the third one in two days. Thank you KQ :)

Ok i'll give that a go, up til now i've just been jumping into the quick games. Are the prizes just the same no matter what you play? not that it matters cos i'm totally pants at it :(

Ok i'll give that a go, up til now i've just been jumping into the quick games. Are the prizes just the same no matter what you play? not that it matters cos i'm totally pants at it :(

I think so, yes. But it's easier to win an 2 player game and it's quicker - that's the main reason why I play them. By some reason, I always encourage people into KQ :) But be patient, I started getting PBs when I had already reedemed app. 50 golden keys. Patience :yes:

I was just playing a keyquest quick game with 2 other people. One dropped out half way thru. I was doing the best I had ever done, and right before I was about to win, the last guy dropped out. Now I get nothing after a half hour :( boo

I was just playing a keyquest quick game with 2 other people. One dropped out half way thru. I was doing the best I had ever done, and right before I was about to win, the last guy dropped out. Now I get nothing after a half hour :( boo

That's why it's best to play two player games - it's quicker and you don't loose so much time if the person quits.

I love Key Quest but honestly, I've haven't recieved too many good prizes even for winning first place. They'll mostly be the same as 2nd place and it's pretty frustrating. :sad01_anim: I think they should put a few rare items in there.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing about key quest that annoys me is that, if you have a slow internet connection, as i happen to have, there is no possible way to win most of the minigames because of the lag. I think there should be an option to create a game with no minigames. And when are they going to get rid of scripted chat?!

The thing about key quest that annoys me is that, if you have a slow internet connection, as i happen to have, there is no possible way to win most of the minigames because of the lag. I think there should be an option to create a game with no minigames. And when are they going to get rid of scripted chat?!

I dont mind the scripted chat. as long it continues to provides me with the money, i am okay with that.

I do not agree with that.. even i only have 1mbps connection, i dont want this game to be a catd game.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys know that I have wrote mini-game guides for most of the mini-games right?

They were published in the Neopian Times. You can access them from my user look up. :) Check them out they will help even with slower connections.

Would it be considered harassment if I neomailed this to all my quitters: "Just wanted to let you know that I reported you for quitting. Now maybe you won't do it in the future." This doesn't sound like harassment to me, but I thought I'd ask some other people for their opinion.

TNT would probably view that as harassment. I know of three people sending out similar messages who are now iced. I cannot say for sure if it is due to them saying that or not but it is oddly coincidental.

Would it be considered harassment if I neomailed this to all my quitters: "Just wanted to let you know that I reported you for quitting. Now maybe you won't do it in the future." This doesn't sound like harassment to me, but I thought I'd ask some other people for their opinion.

It is never a good idea to tell someone that you reported them. It comes across as quite trollish, and you don't want to lower yourself to their level now, do you?

If you want to contact a quitter, you can always send them a polite message asking why they quit, on the offchance that you'll actually get a reply. Then you can consider whether or not to block them silently. :)