Key Quest

Anime

I just played Key Quest with someone random, and I was like, let's check out their user lookup, and she had 100 unique Key Quest tokens!

Like whoah, is that even possible. I want a token too, lol. But those plushies are not available in the Netherlands and I won't buy any NC meh. Will they ever have events again where you can win tokens. I really hope so.

Most of my tokens are from NC. I bought a plush once, but after paying shipping and taxes, well, lets just say it got expensive.

I forgot how much I love playing KQ.

I played a few games yesterday for the first time in months!

No one quit on me, (to my absolute shock), I won some nice things, and I made some NPs...

Although, the very last game I played, there was some sort of glitch. The game finished. I won my Gold Key and my NPs,

however, when I went to unlock my key, I had no key to unlock! It was super bizarre! It was only my 5th game I had played that day too,

and my 5th key I was trying to unlock.

Sort of stopped playing after that... :(

I give up with this game. It's so infuriating! Get so far and people nick my keys! leaving me with none so I have to go all the way back.. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't do the mini games at all because my computer isn't quick enough, and I only seem to get rubbish power ups.

I give up with this game. It's so infuriating! Get so far and people nick my keys! leaving me with none so I have to go all the way back.. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't do the mini games at all because my computer isn't quick enough, and I only seem to get rubbish power ups.

if you play 2-person games, you're guaranteed a second place key, which can still give you pretty good rewards.

Skatci, add me if you want, I also hate minigames :) We can play no heat, just for some NP and fun, I don't mind loosing, I do it all the time ;)

Sent a request :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I quite like playing Key quest with my friends. :)

Also, we make sure to keep to the rules etc.

I haven't had any quitters play me, and although the Keyquest game is very resource intensive (hence drop outs can occur due to computer issues), I don't like it at all if someone quits on me with no reason whatsoever.

I really feel for those who have been quit on when they almost won...

My tips are: to always go for a 5 key game, with 2 players. That way you'll get a silver key no matter what. :)

I also don't like the mini games.... I have to keep adjusting my power settings from one mode to the other (overheating issue...)

The only thing I have done (maybe once or twice) that was against the rules, was to skip a turn, but only when I get hit by The Pant Devil (when I am right next to a key I need), and only when playing my best friend (who I know won't alert me). If I get hit by a Lint Ball then I'll just play on as normal, as you can at least collect NP's with the Lint Ball.

Anyone else, and I'll play 100% by the rules, every time.

So far, all good with Keyquest. :) Hope it stays that way :)

Uggghhhh. My computer is so slow that Ghastly Guzzler barely even works for it. I can never score higher than 40 points. I also don't understand how people get the flowers to grow so fast in Neogarden Grow.

I think I found a hacker too. They won all the mini-games by like a thousand points.

Uggghhhh. My computer is so slow that Ghastly Guzzler barely even works for it. I can never score higher than 40 points. I also don't understand how people get the flowers to grow so fast in Neogarden Grow.

I think I found a hacker too. They won all the mini-games by like a thousand points.

In Neogarden Grow, you can water two plants at once if you place the watering can in the right spot. It's tricky to get, but you get the hang of it eventually. ;)

I don't think the minigame lagging is a computer issue so much as poor optimization. I don't pretend to be a professional on the subject, but myself and a couple of friends who have game-geared computers have troubles with the minigames as well. Most of them lag and glitch on me and I can run games like Diablo 3 and League of Legends just fine, so... Oh well. I just console myself with the fact that, even if my computer ran the minigames fine, I'd probably still lose. I'm terrible at Neopets games, haha! All the same, KQ reminds me of Mario Party and I loved that game, so I'm predisposed to liking it even if I can't properly play the minigames. I tend to get better prizes from the Silver keys than the Gold ones anyway!

My computer has no issues with lag when playing games like Awesomenauts or Portal or anything like that, but Habitarium and Key Quest have severe framerate drops and lag. KQ and Habi are old and haven't been updated in a while (Habi's last update brought it out of beta or added new items I think, and KQ hasn't been updated since its release), which might be the issue.

Ok so a neofriend and I were trying to get a game of Key Quest going but we just couldn't do it. :(

She would invite me to a game but I can't enter the game my join game button doesn't work or it freezes :(

I have not had any problems with the game before this but I have only ever created games not joined them.

So does anyone have any ideas on what we can do please

• 4 weeks later...

Habitarium runs just fine for me, but Key Quest lags and freezes like. no. other. I'm lucky if I can get into the game. After that everything seems to work alright but getting into a game is the challenge. I've yet to win a single game I've played and I'm terrible at the mini games, but at worst it's a few hundred NP and (since I try to only play two-player just due to the amount of time it takes) a second place key. Not terrible by any means.

Habitarium runs just fine for me, but Key Quest lags and freezes like. no. other. I'm lucky if I can get into the game. After that everything seems to work alright but getting into a game is the challenge. I've yet to win a single game I've played and I'm terrible at the mini games, but at worst it's a few hundred NP and (since I try to only play two-player just due to the amount of time it takes) a second place key. Not terrible by any means.

Try using Quick Game to join matches? There's no lag (usually), unlike the ridiculous amount of lag that happens when at least one other person is in the lobby with you. Unfortunately, there's no guarantee of being put into a 2-player game.

Additionally, you can try using the low quality KQ: https://images.neopets.com/keyquest/game/kq2/KeyQuest.swf?v=32

It really helps when you have slow internet :P And turning off background programs that might lag you. I find those are usually my issues.

Hello. I was wondering if there is someone who would like to play to Key Quest with me in a regular basis. But I must warn you, my computer and internet connection are slow, so I'll probably expend more time than usual to do basic things.. like move. But on the other side, I don't mind losing, I'm used to it, I play for the Neopoints. My time zone is GMT.

So I have a question for the Key Quest Players of TDN.

On the Key Quest board on Neopets, there's a board with several players saying that they don't play games with younger accounts because many of the younger accounts that they have played with in the past have quit the game.

Personally, I think that's silly. I have had both old and young accounts alike quit on me!

So, what do you guys think?

Are you okay with playing younger accounts, or do you try to avoid them?

If you don't look at account age, is there anything you do look at?

Generally I don't look at account age. I will play anyone. If someone does quit on me, I give them another chance in case it was just their internet giving out (this has happened to me a few times). If they quit on me more than twice then I will not play them again and I will report them for cheating.

I think having a NC token helps because it shows the player takes the game seriously enough to spend some real cash on their token.

I've yet to have anyone quit on me. I would also take into account when they left the game - did they disconnect in the middle of a turn or right before I go through the door? I like to think I'd give a second chance though.

*is using a younger account*

No, I don't discriminate. I know I never quit, yet I get disconnected sometimes. Especially in the last few days, when I'm trying to start a game, it's been super glitchy. And occasionally my cat jumps on the keyboard (so cliche, I know) and somehow closes the tab or clicks me out.

I normally don't worry to much about people quitting. It's frustrating, yes, but you never know what someones going through. I have yet to report anyone, even if it's blatant rage quitting. I'll play with anyone, unless I've seen them quit on me before numerous times.

I also appreciate NC tokens, as it does show commitment.

And you can probably tell whether or not someone's a quitter if they don't have a lot of Silver keys.

Though I personally tend not to play with strangers since my internet gets spotty at times, and some people are report happy. Don't wanna risk it - KQ isn't worth THAT much to me :P

The only time I'll ever quit on someone is (a) if I accidentally clicked the wrong game, or (b ) if my internet drops out, or my browser hangs/freezes etc.

I won't ever (intentionally) quit on anyone, as I'd rather have a silver key than no key at all (playing 2p 5k, obviously). :)

Hello. I was wondering if there is someone who would like to play to Key Quest with me in a regular basis. But I must warn you, my computer and internet connection are slow, so I'll probably expend more time than usual to do basic things.. like move. But on the other side, I don't mind losing, I'm used to it, I play for the Neopoints. My time zone is GMT.

I'll play with you, so long as you send me a Neomail to make sure I'm available.
2 player games, with 5 keys is preferred.
And no minigames whatsoever, my laptop has an overheating issue so just cannot handle them.
I don't mind winning or losing either, so long as I get some good NPs and a silver key :)