Are you a frustrated Kad Feeder?

Coco

Okay, so I've never ever fed a Kad before. I usually quit once in a while when I'm faced with pends that send me over the edge and take advantage of my impatience. XD But when I do see some hungry Kads, I'm a bit slow on Wiz Feeding. Once I've bought it already, I find out that someone has already fed them. And today, I tried stocking my inventory so it could be faster and it turns out that I already had the item one Kad was asking for but I was too late to realize. :(

EDIT: GAH! It happened again! XD Man, I need a faster reaction time.

I haven't fed a Kad before ever, but I'd like too,

What I don't understand is how some people have fed over 1000 Kads, why can't they just stop at 75, with a nice shiny gold trophy and an avatar? I think it's a little unfair to the ones who want the trophy/avatar, but can't get it because some people are feeding all the cheap food asking ones, without needing too.

And then they always leave the unbuyables. Which annoys me further T.T

I can never get them either to the point where I've mainly given up until I can splurge and spend lots of money on the food they want that no one else is touching...

It's just really frustrating otherwise :(

Kad feeding requires brains xD

I have never fed one, but I would love to! Wait a second... *goes to feed kads*

*comes back* No luck, but I'll keep trying...

I need to start feeding Kads because I have a strange obsession with them and I NEED that avatar.. but I'm so lost! Everyone says that the Neoboards will tell you when it's going to be time and say this and that.. it's all so confusing to me! D:

I haven't fed a Kad before ever, but I'd like too,

What I don't understand is how some people have fed over 1000 Kads, why can't they just stop at 75, with a nice shiny gold trophy and an avatar? I think it's a little unfair to the ones who want the trophy/avatar, but can't get it because some people are feeding all the cheap food asking ones, without needing too.

And then they always leave the unbuyables. Which annoys me further T.T

Oh, let them, they can do it if they want to xD. It's pretty fun, after all, I've fed one before on my old account.

I'd like the avatar too, but I give up easily xD.

Oh, let them, they can do it if they want to xD. It's pretty fun, after all, I've fed one before on my old account.

It'd be much more fun if they had a limit on it like the faerie jobs, then at least everyone could have a decent go :)

Feeding Kads is sooo expensive. I'm not sure how people are able to afford all that (restocking.. keyquest..? Patience at least.)

It'll probably be one of those last to get avatars for me.

Not sure how they get the items either :) I've had a look around and lots of the items do cost a bit... but like everyone else, I believe that this avvie is going to be one of the last ones I get!

On a side note... Ooooooooooo I just got to super member!!!!!

Yay congrats on your first fed!!

I'm really busy with school these few days so I have not been feeding since then..

First off, grats on your feed! ^_^ Inventory is really the easiest way, in my opinion, to feed a kad because it requires less speed. If you aren't already, I suggest using the food guide that lists it by words present in the name so that you don't have to think of a category food is in, just look for one or two specific words.

It'd be much more fun if they had a limit on it like the faerie jobs, then at least everyone could have a decent go

How is it unfair? It's a game, like everything else on Neoepts. It's like telling people with a game trophy that they can't play that game anymore. Kad feeding's as addictive as the rest of the site. Telling a feeder they have to stop feeding because they already have the avatar isn't fair if someone enjoys doing it. It's not the overfeeder's fault that YOU're not fast enough. Work harder, get faster, and you'll be equal to an overfeeder, just with less kads because you started later. There's no skill to having more other than having more time on your hands and patience. Overfeeders started out JUST like you, and there's no reason that you can't work just as hard instead of being let off easy because you think it's "unfair." Like telling someone who restocks for a living that they can't anymore because you want to restock a morphing potion.

Sorry if this seems rude, but overfeeders have as much right to keep feeding as anyone else.

Feeding Kads is sooo expensive. I'm not sure how people are able to afford all that (restocking.. keyquest..? Patience at least.)
Not sure how they get the items either smile.gif I've had a look around and lots of the items do cost a bit... but like everyone else, I believe that this avvie is going to be one of the last ones I get!

Kad feeding doesn't cost much, if you do it right ^^ I think the cheapest item is Tchea Fruit ;P Just refresh at the right time, have the items ready in your inventory, and you can feed for less than 5000 neopoints easy. There's really no reason to feed a kad asking for a UB xD

-thinks I got all the questions-

And in case it wasn't clear, I'm an overfeeder, but long retired :)

I just fed my second Kad. I'm starting to get the hang of it and yes, Inventory Feeding is VERY helpful. I decided to stock up on 'burger' items. :) Kad Feeding is like playing Bingo. XD You have your own bingo card and you just have to be patient enough to wait to mark off your numbers. If you have what is being asked for, then you get to shout "BINGO!"

*cough* I'm an overfeeder too, though my timetable prevents me from feeding much at the moment - Kad feeding is a game, where is the fun if its easy? I know its frustrating when you're first starting and you keep getting pwned by overfeeders, but the only advice I can give there is be faster lol We all started exactly where you are and trust me, most of us were probably just as confused as you are xD And for whoever said its expensive, the most I've spend on any one Kad is 11k. Most of the items I feed are around 1-2k ^_^

There is always a board in the Games Chat with the times :) Follow there, and if you have any questions Neomail the current timekeeper... they're usually perfectly happy to help you out, so long as you've read the guides in the first post! I timekeep whenever I have the chance and know most of the regular timekeepers, there's only one or two who will ignore mails asking for help or advice.

I've never Wiz fed, mostly just feed from my invent. Occasionally I manage a SDB feed but I rarely bother since I got the avvie... seriously, invent feeding is the way to go!

I just started Kad feeding last week. It definitely takes a while to get the hang of it. My inventory was full of Kad food, but it was very disorganised, so I would keep getting confused about whether or not I had the right food during any given main. Then I decided on a couple of smaller inventories to feed from, so now I only have to look for a couple of key words.

Watching the clock is the hardest part for me. I hate time! Wait! Just a sec... *runs to the Kadoatery for main*

The timekeepers on the Kad board really help, but I still have trouble remembering to check at the right time. I've gotten pretty good at clock watching over the past few days, so now I'm up to 15 Kads fed. But that took a lot of dedication. If you really want to get the avatar, you can't just be checking for one main each day. Keep the Kadoatery open in one tab, the time board in another, and play some games in a third tab. Then you have something to do between checking. Or open up some shops, and do some restocking.

Just keep trying. Don't get discouraged. You will get better at it. Half the battle is paying attention. Good luck other Kad feeders! Lets all get that avatar!