Tale of Woe: Pt 3

Jolly Jasper

Opps... I forgot a letter. I wanted to write "Shack" (Shophie's house). Sorry. :*

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im assuming the "clearing" where we are suppose to build the rope, has no path on it right... coz im not finding this "clearing"???????

It has paths on it. I wish I would have kept a screenie for this so I could show you, but you'll have to find the clearing by trial and error or by maping out the paths where you've been and where they go to. The clearing is not difficult to spot. It looks more "spacious" than the usual swamp scenery.

ACKKKKK!!!!! I almost had my vine completed but this monster came and took all of my vines!!!! I'm going to scream!!!!!! Oh man!! That is twice now!!! And I only had a few more vines to go!!! Creepy monster!!!!!!

if your monster keeps on taking ur vines away sadly, make sure u atleast hve 10 vines in ur inventory, then add on each time, maybe then you rope would be made quicker. No one stole my vines wen i did mine tehee.

And for teh meepits, i struggled to find the last meepit , i was gonna give up but then i found that ugly thing! if u keep on searching u'll get it.

Key: NEVER GIVE UP 0:)

the monster took my vines... AGAIN!

argh..! :(

You have to 'test' a group of 6 vines and get a comment that the vines are 'extremely strong but not long enough'. Then after that, you can only add ONE vine at a time before you test the rope at the cliff. Try to get a comment like "it is extremely strong' or it is 'fairly strong'. If it if 'barely strong', remove the last vine that you added and continue testing with the other vines until you get 'fairly strong'. If in cases where you tested ALL the groups and you still get 'barely strong', it's better than weak anyway, just continue adding the vines one by one.

If you make the rope too long the monster will yank it off the cliff and you have to hunt for the vines all over again. that happened to me once.

Gahhh... This vine thing is SOOOO annoying.... I had it strong enough, but I just couldn't get it long enough xDDD 0.o

Try adding just one vine and clicking the clearing. If you get the lowering screen, keep that vine - if not put it down again and try a different one. Keep doing this, eventually your rope will become long enough.

It's been three days and I still haven't worked out how to do the vine-ladder. I keep getting within a few centimetres to the tree. (ok a mouse-width) :grrr:

EDIT: Completed. It always seem that when I talk about it angrily that I finally succed.

all

2 3 0 6 0 was the vines for me. (the amont of vines I used) :)

I have gotten some screenies up. Sorry I couldn't catch the last screenie in time before it changes into the red swamp.

If anyone here wants to use it for the TDN plot or other HW guides, feel free to do so but pls give me credit, tell me where you're putting them and pls don't offlink from my photobucket account. I'm not setting up a guide anyway.

VINE GUIDE

Warning: each user has a different swamp layout. I would suggest mapping your way around so you would not GET LOST. Also, the combination of vines needed will be different, but the concept used is the same.

Screenie01.jpg

STEP 01: Now you have 5 groups of vines, put all of them down except for one group, and click on the area (in the glowing rectangle) If you get the following and the screen doesn't move on, remove your group of vines and replace them with another group of vines.

Screenie02.jpg

One of the 5 groups will definitely yield you this result. This is the best result for now.

STEP 02: Add ONE vine from each group and click on the glowing rectangle shown in the first image.

Screenie03.jpg

Try to get as many "extremely strong" or "faily strong" if possible.

Screenie04.jpg

if you get "barely strong" at this stage, I would rather move on, since in my case I only have 2 groups left.

Screenie05.jpg

Screenie06.jpg

When you have enough vines there will be an indication to show you that there are enough vines. I hope I have helped in this.

*twitch twitch* it seems like my vine gets shorter.... but it's reallly strong tho :P

EDIT// And it keeps saying "What exactly do you plan to do with such a small number of vines?" >.<

*twitch twitch* it seems like my vine gets shorter.... but it's reallly strong tho :P

EDIT// And it keeps saying "What exactly do you plan to do with such a small number of vines?" >.<

You need at least 5, 6 of the same strong vines when you first started out, otherwise the message will appear.

if your monster keeps on taking ur vines away sadly, make sure u atleast hve 10 vines in ur inventory, then add on each time, maybe then you rope would be made quicker. No one stole my vines wen i did mine tehee.

And for teh meepits, i struggled to find the last meepit , i was gonna give up but then i found that ugly thing! if u keep on searching u'll get it.

Key: NEVER GIVE UP 0:)

thanks.. :)

now im looking for the vines.. again..!

i will try your tip: never give up? hehehe.. :P

You have to 'test' a group of 6 vines and get a comment that the vines are 'extremely strong but not long enough'. Then after that, you can only add ONE vine at a time before you test the rope at the cliff. Try to get a comment like "it is extremely strong' or it is 'fairly strong'. If it if 'barely strong', remove the last vine that you added and continue testing with the other vines until you get 'fairly strong'. If in cases where you tested ALL the groups and you still get 'barely strong', it's better than weak anyway, just continue adding the vines one by one.

If you make the rope too long the monster will yank it off the cliff and you have to hunt for the vines all over again. that happened to me once.

I've been trying lots of tips lately.. Hope this time I get it right.. :D

Thanks.. :P

I don't understand why some users could not get the meepit juice despite having played the game. I got mine by coincidence after sending in the score TWICE. I quit the game and still for the juice.

However, someone I know personally (not on TDN forums) could not get the juice. Even when I tried playing the game FOR her, but despite having purposely lost the game when I reached 1,400 points or so THREE TIMES, I still could not get the meepit juice. Weird huh o_O ?

You carefully walk in and pick up a plush toy from the pile of treasure!

toy_kacheekblue.gif