Hackers, and why they deserve respect

I've never thought of a hacker as an idiot, they are quite obviously the exact opposite. They HACK into a system that's meant to keep people away, that takes serious skill! There are white hat hackers.... black hat hackers .... (basically hackers for good and evil lol) ... I don't really remember the other types, we learnt about them in my IT class ages ago... but I've never been under the impression that they are anything less than genious! (or in a rare case... lucky!) By the way, has anyone seen the movie from the 90's called hackers? :P such a good movie! :)

Well, I think he was referring to the people who CALL themselves hackers. Real hackers wound't be stupid enough to brag about small things like this.

That was a great movie btw. Crash and Burn save the day.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Meowy if you have any questions regarding this action.