NeoBoards  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the NeoBoards?

• Love it. (explain why in post)
    • Hate it.
    • I've never been there.
  2. 2. What do you hate about it?

• BUMPS!
    • Double, Triple, and quatruple posting.
    • Da ChATspeEk!!! (chat speak)
    • It's simply confusing.
    • Flamming (example is in C.A.V.'s post)
    • All of the above
    • Nothing. I love it! :D
    • People that report you for no reason (late entry)
    • Other (explain in post)
  3. 3. Would you recommend the boards to a newbie?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I wouldnt say thats entirely true. I think that the neoboards have their moments. (yes I PREFER TDN forums - but sometimes you cant get everything here that you can there)...

hmm, there are alot of spammers, but if you look hard enough there are alot of really helpful people there as well.

(there are also alot of people that want to scam you/ just waste your time -- which i find EXTREMELY annoying!)

well i think we shouldnt generalise so much.. as with everything you find good guys and bad guys everywhere. i think because neoboards are so crowded they tend to get really fast and you cant really keep to a conversation..

TDN forums is so drastically smaller that the sense of community here is way more overwhelming than it is there.

Having said that, i did meet people on the boards who were willing to lend avatar things for free as well :)

Ya it also depends on when you go online.

Also some boards are just always useles.. but then theres the Kad boards which are super helpful if you wanna feed a kad! :)

The neoboards seem to have a lot more personality than most of the forums I go to. Boards like the BD Chat (woo!), the TC, and maybe even the AC (...) are generally smarter than offsite forums too, like TDN. I see so many people here, for example, that don't know things that seem just basic to neopets.

They are also a lot more active. ;D

I've been lurking the Help Chat recently, and the people there are really friendly and helpful as long as you don't spam. Then they would act like any annoyed person.

Whoo Neoboards are fun ;D! I love the BC and PC. I probably spend 95% of my Neoboard time in those two boards.

Overall I wouldn't recommend it to a newbie, though... they'll most likely get mistaken as noobs and get in fights with a lot of other people.

I disagree about the Help Chat being nice. Every time I go there everyone's freaking out and screaming at each other.

One of the major setbacks of the Neoboards is the limited number of characters allowed. This makes roleplaying and other such things very impractical. Besides this, boards should not "explode". People want to be able to have years long boards in a lot of cases, such as official fanboards and guild boards.

Also, it is WAY to easy to get frozen. If you post on the boards often enough, you will eventually be frozen. It's happened to most Neopets users.

Lastly, SHOPS should be allowed! Like they are on every other chat boards! It's very difficult for me to make money on Neopets, and it saddens me that selling my art is not an option. ):

• 1 month later...

I like to hang out in the RS and Chat topics in the BDC, even when I'm not restocking :P

The Neoboards have some really great people, but you need to find them.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Meowy if you have any questions regarding this action.