YO IMPORTANT INFO!

http://www.neopets.com/magma/quarry.phtml

i found this rock by clicking here

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e130/sha...c/clickhere.jpg

this is the screen i got i was randomly clicking and i came accross this

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e130/sha...itmapImage7.jpg

when i clicked again to see if i could get more then one THIS occured.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e130/sha...rysecondtry.jpg

i think this plot just got a whole lot more interesting ladys and gentleman

Sadly, obtaining this item is not required to complete the plot step; it's an additional bonus if you find all 4 mystery items (2 of them being random and kind of hard to find... I still haven't found 1) then you can turn them into 2 petpets and ultimately those 2 petpet's into 1 petpet.

Have you gotten any of the gears yet? I can't seem to find them; I've gotten everything else from this step (the "official" prizes of the key and the parachute, plus the obsidian), but I haven't come across any gears or "scrap metal" or whatever. :S I gather that the scrap metal is found by random event while refreshing on the map or in the shops, but apparently the gears appear on the map and so far I haven't been able to get much info from anyone else about where I should be looking (or what I should actually be looking for. o_O) Anyone have any helpful suggestions or screenies for this part?

EDIT: Figures, 5 seconds after I posted this I found some! :P Mine appeared on top of Cog's Togs, and they were very obvious (I was under the impression that they're hard to find, but it's a pretty clear difference between when they're there and when they're not.)

Thanks for the help on the Obsidian. Finally the plot is getting interesting, even if this has nothing to do with it lol. Still the hunt for the 'random' items is still fun, which is good since I hate to say it but neopets an get kind of old sometimes =P

~parisdirt

Have you gotten any of the gears yet? I can't seem to find them; I've gotten everything else from this step (the "official" prizes of the key and the parachute, plus the obsidian), but I haven't come across any gears or "scrap metal" or whatever. :S I gather that the scrap metal is found by random event while refreshing on the map or in the shops, but apparently the gears appear on the map and so far I haven't been able to get much info from anyone else about where I should be looking (or what I should actually be looking for. o_O) Anyone have any helpful suggestions or screenies for this part?

EDIT: Figures, 5 seconds after I posted this I found some! :P Mine appeared on top of Cog's Togs, and they were very obvious (I was under the impression that they're hard to find, but it's a pretty clear difference between when they're there and when they're not.)

where did you click the gears? on the shop itself? i can't seem to find it...

nice job on finding that item :D I only had the official items before... *runs to go get the item*

thanks it was a lucky click i think... i hear theres other hidden items but i have no clue what they are....

where did you click the gears? on the shop itself? i can't seem to find it...

Yup, they were in a little pile on the roof of the shop (if you clicked there without the gears you would enter the shop.)

nice job on finding that item :D I only had the official items before... *runs to go get the item*

Edit-Where do you find the gears? is it random for each person?

Apparently there are 8 different places that they can appear? Obviously the roof of Cog's Togs is one; other than that I'm not sure where, although I think they can also be on some of the other shops. It appears to be random where they will appear for you, and you may have to refresh a bunch of times (but you might as well, since the only way you can get the Scrap Metal and Stone is through an RE anyway, so you have a chance of finding that while you search for the gears.)

Yup, they were in a little pile on the roof of the shop (if you clicked there without the gears you would enter the shop.)

Apparently there are 8 different places that they can appear? Obviously the roof of Cog's Togs is one; other than that I'm not sure where, although I think they can also be on some of the other shops. It appears to be random where they will appear for you, and you may have to refresh a bunch of times (but you might as well, since the only way you can get the Scrap Metal and Stone is through an RE anyway, so you have a chance of finding that while you search for the gears.)

Do the gears have anything that identifies them? because there are already a bunch of gears on screen...

Do the gears have anything that identifies them? because there are already a bunch of gears on screen...

Well...not especially (like, they're not bright neon pink or anything), they aren't blindingly obvious *unless* you pay somewhat close attention to what the map normally looks like. They appear somewhere they don't belong -- they aren't moving or part of anything, it's just a pile of gears on the roof of a building (or whatever other place they appear.) I'm having issues with my Photobucket account, but if I can get it to work I'll put up a screenie of what mine looked like.

I found mine on top of Cog's Togs as well. Not hard to notice if you look, they were just sitting there. Didn't have to refresh much.

HOWEVER still looking for the scrap metal or whatever it is.

Me too. -_- Sitting on the Moltara map and refreshing forever is starting to get old. :P

Also, I finally got Photobucket to behave, so here's a screenie as promised:

Moltaragears2.png

As mollyfaerie said, they're really pretty easy to notice, you just can't let yourself start refreshing without paying attention or you might refresh over them.

Hummmm getting so bored of refreshing for my scrap metal! Wondering are we supposed to click on something, or do we just keep refreshing until it pops up? (like a random event?)

BTW, just out of curiosity, has anyone else wondered why it looks like they're drilling for oil out of a church? wierd

Hummmm getting so bored of refreshing for my scrap metal! Wondering are we supposed to click on something, or do we just keep refreshing until it pops up? (like a random event?)

BTW, just out of curiosity, has anyone else wondered why it looks like they're drilling for oil out of a church? wierd

It's a Random Event, you don't need to do anything special except refresh ad nauseum (on the plus side, that means today is a particularly good time to try for it, since the birthday sidebar ups the chances of RE's.) I got mine on the main map, but from what I understand you can get it from anywhere in Moltara; so if you're starting to get sick of looking at the map try refreshing in a shop for a while -- at least it's a change of scenery, and who knows, you might even hit a good restock. :)

And I will admit I wondered about that too lol. :P

• 2 months later...